Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    -snip-
    Much appreciated. I relayed it to him and I believe he said that he was indeed delaying Mind Blast for Insanity at some points. (bit hard to tell what he thought of it, no one takes advice like this gracefully)
    I think he strongly disagrees with you on talent choice though. Such is life.
    Last edited by Kiqjaq; 2013-04-11 at 08:08 PM.

He can disagree all he likes, but the fact of the matter is, certain talents are better on certain encounters and if he stubbornly refuses to change, then he will consistently underperform which isn't a problem you can fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    For my Spriest in my guild....any help would be appreciated. Priest in question is cmerlilboy:

worldoflogs . com/reports/rt-9f0hlzi2t88x7020/

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    For my Spriest in my guild....any help would be appreciated. Priest in question is cmerlilboy:

worldoflogs . com/reports/rt-9f0hlzi2t88x7020/
    low dot uptime, not using mindblast on cooldown (especially ridiculous seeing as he's taking DI every fight), and using absolutely wrong talents. the default talent setup for ToT is insanity/PI/halo unless you can get 50%+ uptime on ToF (horridon, tortos, h mag, dark animus if you actually do the fight instead of slingshotting past the large golems, and for some guilds lei shen if you have bad aoe dps). i don't know if he's also severely undergeared, but mechanically he needs to clean things up. make sure he gets a weakauras or other UI setup so he can track his dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much. Shadow priest seems to be tough to get a handle on, and she is one of the best raiders I have seen at obeying mechanics. Her gear is 519 i lvl, but she got a lot of spirit gear. Are shadow priests still getting spirit gear to cover the hit, or is it going to healers now.

Again, thank you so much for the thourough assessment.

Hey everyone, I need some serious help.

I'm 511 but can't seem to be pulling numbers that are even close to what I'm suppose to be pulling. Granted, I have been healing for the past half a year and switched to dps recently.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laeno/advanced

And here are some logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/211270/
    Please look under April 17th Jin'rock fight and April 22nd (where I am full time dps)

In terms of gearing I'm aiming for 10124 for the extra tick of VT. But I'm not sure how effective that is. I don't have enough haste to reach the next one (14873) just yet. So should I have just stayed at 19% and gem pure intel for now?

I use DI for most fights but reading around it seems PI does more damage in single target fights.

Not sure if this is relevant but my laptop's getting a bit old so on some fights when lust goes off I tend to have very low FPS, around 5 or so. Not sure how that is effecting my dps but I still think I could have done a lot better. Advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno View Post
    Hey everyone, I need some serious help.

I'm 511 but can't seem to be pulling numbers that are even close to what I'm suppose to be pulling. Granted, I have been healing for the past half a year and switched to dps recently.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laeno/advanced

And here are some logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/211270/
    Please look under April 17th Jin'rock fight and April 22nd (where I am full time dps)

In terms of gearing I'm aiming for 10124 for the extra tick of VT. But I'm not sure how effective that is. I don't have enough haste to reach the next one (14873) just yet. So should I have just stayed at 19% and gem pure intel for now?

I use DI for most fights but reading around it seems PI does more damage in single target fights.

Not sure if this is relevant but my laptop's getting a bit old so on some fights when lust goes off I tend to have very low FPS, around 5 or so. Not sure how that is effecting my dps but I still think I could have done a lot better. Advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
    I don't think you are quite at the point where you will see the best returns on gemming all haste. General guideline:
    Gemming for 5.2

Below 504 iLvL
    Not much haste changed for you come 5.2. You are still going to be going 160 int in red sockets, 80 int 160 hit/spirit in blue sockets, and 80 int 160 haste in yellow sockets. What has changed for you is reforging. You are going to go Haste > Crit > Mastery. You will no longer be going to 8085 haste and then reforging to crit.

Around 505 - 524 iLvL
    When you start getting around this ilvl, your secondary stats start to exceed .5 of an int ratio. This means for you, that your gemming is going to change. You will gem 80 int 160 haste in red sockets, 160 hit/spirit 160 haste in blue sockets, and 320 haste in yellow sockets. Depending on the socket bonus, you will start to only go for int/haste socket bonuses(meta gem bonuses are almost always worth going for).

Anything that is 525+ iLvL
    You are going to start having too much hit on your gear. This means the value of 160 hit/spirt 160 haste gems are going to start to drop in value. And you will most likely just gem straight 320 in any blue socket depending on the socket bonus.
    (Source)

Good to know armory still bjorks hit -_-

For the Jin'rokh fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...6/?s=433&e=618

First thing, you only cast MB 16 times when you should be able to get 20 (not even counting you had DI which should have given you an extra one or two MB's throughout that fight), that's 4 missed MB's and one missed DP and another change you could have used MFI. That is a big deal.

On shadow word: death are you double tapping it while DP is up? If you are you really want to just hit it once and wait 6 seconds before hitting it again (there is a weak aura around here somewhere that has a string you can use to track that). You only get an orb on the first one and it's more effective to do that. I am going to guess you were double tapping since if you weren't you should have had one more DP in there.

I would say definitely give PI a try on this fight, your MB usage isn't quite there and your VT uptime could use some work as well, not having something randomly proc'ing on you can help on both those counts.

For the Megara fight on 4/22: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=897&e=1400

First your uptime on VT and SW:P are worse on this fight which is something you want to be careful of (especially when you are using DI). Some gaps are to be expected as you move between sets of heads, but the way the gaps are shows that it wasn't just when the switching that the gaps happened. For instance near the beginning of the fight there was a huge gap in VT uptime, but SW:P was ticking away. You'll definitely want to watch that.

Again on this fight you cast 50 MB's but you should have been able to get at least 55. Add in that you had 26 DI procs, you probably missed 3-4 additional MB's during the duration of the fight. You did do a really good job of casting DP every time you could, so focusing on the MB's should probably be your main focus.

About FPS... yea that can drastically affect your dps especially if it happens during bloodlust and it goes that low. If there is anything you can reasonably do to fix that you should, otherwise you'll just sort of have to learn to deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level 510 equipped. No LMG, or any t15 (literally 0 conq tokens have dropped in my raid or in lfr for me.)
    Expectations: On the first half of the raid, I'm pretty satisfied with my dps. I think I do pretty well there. However.. Durumu+ (excluding Primordius), my dps seems to take a giant nosedive. I've checked how2priest's shadow threads pretty thoroughly. I believe my gemming and reforging is correct (how hard is reforge all haste, anyway?) but I just haven't a clue. I haven't really changed anything to tank my dps.
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxzy/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/azuremyst/proxzy/
    Linking this site because it handily has links to all of my worldoflog kills. If you don't know how to utilize it, just click on the boss and click on the dates for each fight and it takes you to WoL.
    **Note since it doesn't seem like anyone has checked this thread in a few days =[ I decided to take a gamble and replace all of my t14 pieces with 522 off pieces, did the math and the 522s had a higher PP value and simmed 4k higher. Trying it out on Lei Shen tonight.
    Last edited by sasslefrassed; 2013-04-30 at 01:32 AM.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level 507
    Expectations: To be able to keep up
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eldra/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/44258/ (I was DPS for Horridon, Ji-Kun, and Durumu this week. I played around with talents quite a bit between pulls)

I am only ~9 Ilvl's behind our other spriest and he did litterally 25% more damage than me on Horridon. (He was using mind sear much more than me, and I didnt have ToF for that fight.)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    Ontopic, i play both factions since i accidentally the queues
    Ben Dover and Alpha Queue too!

Deleted
    Hello MMO

Item Level 518 in the raid yesterday 521 now.
    Expectations: Knowing when to reappli dots.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lesso/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ta3qp3fs6yude1uf/ and http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/akembuqwj8vjwziu/

i have only been playing shadow/priest in 5.2 so my exp is to low to figer out when i should reappli new dots to the target,
    like let's say my 2 trinkets proc right after i just applied my dots should i then reappli then again?

Thanks in advance

Item Level: 474 (471 at time of log)
    Expectations: More heals, better mana management?
    Armory Link: eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/draenor/Shintokun/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: www . worldoflogs . com/reports/vcdbspxlyou94ee8/

I'm still pretty new in the priest scene and it's just LFR that I logged since I'm in a friends guild (which has not enough people to raid 10m :P)
    I want to know if I'm doing good enough for the itemlevel I currently am and what I should focus on getting next.
    I also still don't have professions, I leveled this character with RAF so I went too fast for that.

How do I manage my mana better, do I literally stop healing and ignore damage on some parts of the fights?
    Websites tell me to use Cascade on cooldown, how do I do that? It costs a shitload of mana and I'd go OOM very fast.
    I just like to focus on PoM and DI procs after using PoH and doing occasional CoH's.

Would love to hear your guys opinions!

really helps once you get LMG and better trinkets! Also the 2p and 4p for tier 15 are dps losses if you are refreshing your dots when they procc since it resets them back to your original stats.. keep it up ^^
    Last edited by phus; 2013-05-06 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Additional info

From just looking at your armory you should change your gems to those listed on H2P.com (red = reckless, yellow = quick, blue = engerzied.. if the bonus is worthwhile aka int or haste)
    Reforge as much as you can to Haste>Mastery>crit. You'll do much better with these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by phus View Post
    From just looking at your armory you should change your gems to those listed on H2P.com (red = reckless, yellow = quick, blue = engerzied.. if the bonus is worthwhile aka int or haste)
    Reforge as much as you can to Haste>Mastery>crit. You'll do much better with these changes.
    The gemming and reforging are fine. He's using Jewelcrafting gems, so those need to stay as Brilliant to take proper advantage of them, and he's already using quick and energized in the remaining slots.
    As for reforging he should not be reforging to mastery yet, as he does not have the Lei Shen trinket. Crit will still be a better option at this point.

As far as improving dps goes. Mind Blast usage is low, 32 on Megaera where 44 were possible.
    Talent choice is good for most fights I looked at. I would avoid ToF on Megaera normal personally, due to the fact that a good chunk of the uptime will land while the heads are going down, and wont be helpful at all. You had 40% uptime as is, I'd say 30% usable time on it is generous. So its not horrible, but not fantastic either.

You're also double tapping SWD (using the non orb version) which had a 2 second longer cd plus the extra gcd used casting. Only using the first cast and waiting for the 6 second reset will increase orb generation.

DoT uptime can definitely use some work as well. Most fights you're letting VT drop off for 5-6 seconds at a time rather than refreshing it early if you've got a DP/Insanity coming up.

Item Level: 524
    Expectations: Realization why I'm under-performing and fixing it
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Lopina/simple
    WorldOfLogs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-syq1yqezpzpb0f7b/

Notes: I recently started using AffDots Priest and I've been relaying heavily on them, meaning if they showed me my dots had +25% power, I'd recast them. I have also been experimenting with breaking Insanity when the AffDots would show I'd have 50%+ more power on dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    I have also been experimenting with breaking Insanity when the AffDots would show I'd have 50%+ more power on dots.
    don't do that. just don't. the only non-orb thing i'd break insanity for would be a post-5.3 multiple haste procs/PI+perfect aim SWP (or multiple target SWPing with a perfect aim proc) - and that'd just be because you'd get at least a 60 second duration (2 full DP's without having to break to refresh DoTs) out of it. look at your world of logs and look at how much damage you do per uptime on your dots vs insanity - once you max orb generation your insanity uptime is what makes/breaks shadow dps.

Deleted
    Item Level: 504
    Expectations: To keep up and eventually exceed the rest of my team
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ayden/advanced
    WorldOfLogs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/258099/
    I had quit and have recently started raiding again - I'm about 20 ilvls behind the rest of the team but do feel I can still do better. Looking at this thread already I can see my gemming is wrong because I have gone solid haste in sockets at the wrong ilvl. Looking at videos I've taken of myself playing my MB usage could be better and I have seen myself letting dots slide during Insanity or to cast an orb generator. Is this all I've got to tighten up?

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    don't do that. just don't. the only non-orb thing i'd break insanity for would be a post-5.3 multiple haste procs/PI+perfect aim SWP (or multiple target SWPing with a perfect aim proc) - and that'd just be because you'd get at least a 60 second duration (2 full DP's without having to break to refresh DoTs) out of it. look at your world of logs and look at how much damage you do per uptime on your dots vs insanity - once you max orb generation your insanity uptime is what makes/breaks shadow dps.
    Could you please elaborate on this? I have no intention of delaying orb generators simply asking if its mathematicaly bebeficial to recast my 2 dots while procs are active, thus losing 2 out of 3 insanity casts

Greetings
    Having a current issue whit my dps.

Item lvl 518 Priest nameTantá Draenor .EU
    Expatiation I would to see where i'am doing it wrong.

Right The is what iam currently trying to after a good night of reforging.
    Whit my current gear, and no tire set, aim i reforging to mastery>crit, and have set my haste to 10125, that for the first do not have either 2/4 set or can get to 14876 haste rating.
    and where at that time using: divine insight.
    The Logs was after i try ed the reforge, Whit the logs i was gem/reforging for haste and had 13.747 haste and was reforging mastery to crit.
    So would like to get a quids-line if aim on the right track, or i have miss-understood it.
    the thing i thought about and try on a target dummy was this: start my troll racial* berserk and Shadow fiend and after a min or when my trinket plucked, and then cast Power infusion*
    By trying that I loses the free instant Mb, i would get from divine insight.

thanks in advance