Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound02 View Post
    Hey all, one of our shadow priests are trying their best to improve so I thought I'd give a post here to give a little helping hand for him!

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/271528/
    Name: Affine
    Ilvl: 555 (I think!)
    Expectations: Higher DPS / Beat our other Shadow Priest!

The other shadowpriest doesn't give him many tips (Not his strong suit!), so hopefully can get some replies here
    Two shadow priests in a 10 man?! Oh the horror.

On a more serious note, here, I did the liberty of comparing the two on protectors - one of shadow's strong fights this tier.

http://www.raidbots.com/comparebot/5...254ed06c000127

Have him look at the breakdowns and he will be able to tell what he did wrong.

Quick glance tells me some things -

1) His dot uptime was atrocious, and he was not multi dotting.

2) Wasn't sniping as many orbs with SW: D as the other spriest.

3) Using solace&insanity on this fight sucks, switch to FDCL

4) Way poorer (and possibly less) halo usage

5) Too much mindflaying instead of using other spells that do more.

Really though, his biggest issue was just not multi-dotting.

Item Level556
    Expectations:Improved Dps
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...y%C3%A0/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pa/details/17/

Main issue I'm having is I'm getting upgrades and yet my dps isn't really improving as I'd thought it would be. Is the amount of mastery I'm stacking bad? Should I just go for a crit build?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Item Level556
    Expectations:Improved Dps
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...y%C3%A0/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pa/details/17/

Main issue I'm having is I'm getting upgrades and yet my dps isn't really improving as I'd thought it would be. Is the amount of mastery I'm stacking bad? Should I just go for a crit build?
    You'll have to log out in your shadow gear rather than pvp for us to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    You'll have to log out in your shadow gear rather than pvp for us to see it.
    Totally forgot about that. Fixed it now.

Hey guys, our of our shadow priest guildies has been trying to improve his DPS for weeks, but just can't seem to get there.

Armory:
    us. battle .net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Hadiya/advanced

Logs
    worldoflogs .com/reports/1g2ba7oz1bowa8mq/sum/damageDone/?s=41&e=358

He has talked to many people but the finer details are probably in these logs that I can't decipher! (not a priest expert)

Deleted

Serduszko

Item Level: 561 (559 at logs)
    Expectations:Improve DSP, ask about is my stats pior ar correct gcd>mastery>crit
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/S%C3%ABrduszko/advanced]
    Worldoflogs Link: frist: fallen protektors(H10) :
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-roqyjp95vw59t14j/sum/damageDone/?s=861&e=1318 seems very low, but activity time 98,8 %, Dots uptime 95%+
    second fight Iron Juggernaut 10H worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-roqyjp95vw59t14j/dashboard/?s=7990&e=8362

cannot post link i remofed http at links

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Hey guys, our of our shadow priest guildies has been trying to improve his DPS for weeks, but just can't seem to get there.

Armory:
    us. battle .net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Hadiya/advanced

Logs
    worldoflogs .com/reports/1g2ba7oz1bowa8mq/sum/damageDone/?s=41&e=358

He has talked to many people but the finer details are probably in these logs that I can't decipher! (not a priest expert)
    Gear is a bit off, He's just a tad shy of the 41.75% haste breakpoint (could be due to swapping out a piece recently). The purified gem in the weapon should be an energized or a forceful given how much hit he has. Could arguably gem straight haste in the shoulders too, due to being so far past hit cap. (the 120 socket bonus is worth less than the 320 haste he would gain gemming yellow)
    Biggest issue in the logs is SW:I usage. Its very low. 9.5% vs 25% Devouring Plague. These should be closer to 20% and 25% if used properly which means it would effectively double the damage he's doing with Insanity. Refreshing dots early if necessary to prepare for having DP up on the target is likely what he'll need to work on for this.
    MB Usage isn't horrible but isn't fantastic either, 8.34 seconds between blasts while using DI. Could stand to put a higher priority on mind blasts.

Dot uptime is reasonable. Appears to only let them fall when he's out of range on juggernaut.

Looks like he's still using the 5.3 style shadow word death and trying to wait out the cooldown. Should be double tapping now due to the dmg buff and increased internal cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Serduszko View Post
    Item Level: 561 (559 at logs)
    Expectations:Improve DSP, ask about is my stats pior ar correct gcd>mastery>crit
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/S%C3%ABrduszko/advanced]
    Worldoflogs Link: frist: fallen protektors(H10) :
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-roqyjp95vw59t14j/sum/damageDone/?s=861&e=1318 seems very low, but activity time 98,8 %, Dots uptime 95%+
    second fight Iron Juggernaut 10H worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-roqyjp95vw59t14j/dashboard/?s=7990&e=8362

cannot post link i remofed http at links
    Looks like you transferred recently and and such aren't showing up on armory, Going based on wowprogress instead.
    There's a few points you can aim for as far as stats go. Haste to 41.75 > Crit > Mastery, Haste to 50% > Crit > Mastery. Or depending on other pieces such as UVLS and teir set bonus' go mastery instead of crit on those pieces. For you due to having UVLS Mastery may be a more reliable option as crit is essentially useless if UVLS is procced.

There's a few spots you're choosing not to gem for socket bonus that I would recommend you do, Belt specifically, only two of the three gems need to be changed to meet it and its a fairly large bonus. Would likely switch to Wicked,Quick,Energized on that one.

I would highly recommend upgrading your weapon, the flat spell power gain is worth a considerable amount.

On protectors specifically, the dot uptime is a bit patchy, Looks like you're panicking between transitions and dropping dots on bosses when you switch to the adds. And once the adds die, its taking you about 5 seconds to put dots back up on the bosses. Talent choices are fine though.
    For Juggernaut your SW:I usage need some work. Due to the amount of movement on this fight, even more so on heroic. You may want to consider taking DI/FDCL instead, if you're having trouble with uptime on insanity. You had 13% Insanity to 29% Devouring. Running DI does drop this, but ideally you'd want to see it around the 20% mark for insanity uptime with that much devouring.

Deleted
    Gear is a bit off, He's just a tad shy of the 41.75% haste breakpoint (could be due to swapping out a piece recently). The purified gem in the weapon should be an energized or a forceful given how much hit he has. Could arguably gem straight haste in the shoulders too, due to being so far past hit cap. (the 120 socket bonus is worth less than the 320 haste he would gain gemming yellow)
    Biggest issue in the logs is SW:I usage. Its very low. 9.5% vs 25% Devouring Plague. These should be closer to 20% and 25% if used properly which means it would effectively double the damage he's doing with Insanity. Refreshing dots early if necessary to prepare for having DP up on the target is likely what he'll need to work on for this.
    MB Usage isn't horrible but isn't fantastic either, 8.34 seconds between blasts while using DI. Could stand to put a higher priority on mind blasts.

Dot uptime is reasonable. Appears to only let them fall when he's out of range on juggernaut.

Looks like he's still using the 5.3 style shadow word death and trying to wait out the cooldown. Should be double tapping now due to the dmg buff and increased internal cooldown.

Looks like you transferred recently and and such aren't showing up on armory, Going based on wowprogress instead.
    There's a few points you can aim for as far as stats go. Haste to 41.75 > Crit > Mastery, Haste to 50% > Crit > Mastery. Or depending on other pieces such as UVLS and teir set bonus' go mastery instead of crit on those pieces. For you due to having UVLS Mastery may be a more reliable option as crit is essentially useless if UVLS is procced.

There's a few spots you're choosing not to gem for socket bonus that I would recommend you do, Belt specifically, only two of the three gems need to be changed to meet it and its a fairly large bonus. Would likely switch to Wicked,Quick,Energized on that one.

I would highly recommend upgrading your weapon, the flat spell power gain is worth a considerable amount.

On protectors specifically, the dot uptime is a bit patchy, Looks like you're panicking between transitions and dropping dots on bosses when you switch to the adds. And once the adds die, its taking you about 5 seconds to put dots back up on the bosses. Talent choices are fine though.
    For Juggernaut your SW:I usage need some work. Due to the amount of movement on this fight, even more so on heroic. You may want to consider taking DI/FDCL instead, if you're having trouble with uptime on insanity. You had 13% Insanity to 29% Devouring. Running DI does drop this, but ideally you'd want to see it around the 20% mark for insanity uptime with that much devouring.
    Thank you for advices, here's my armory link ( changed from goblin to troll, bersekring racial ftw) eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Szerduszko/advanced

Yup it's true paniced at protectors some, it was first pu,ll on heroic mode, tried to not failure on mechanic,i will try next week improve. About Iron, that same situation, hmm Insanity 13% , it's just specific situation from casting insanity or using dispresion to catch bombs at all, I made decision to pass some dps to make my roll. About upgrading staff i made mistakes, droped two heroic items, legs specif and upgrade them first like a bis item, also wanted to wait for heroic staff (sha/galrkas) to not waste valor points. Btw, used askmrrobot, to reforg/gem. used stats GCD (16378) amp trinket normal 2/2 mastery>crit becouse still using uvls ( do not have any other, seems very low trinket without 2pc t15). Anyway thanks a lot, if you have any suggest please let me know wich can help
    ps: i'm sorry for my grammar, but it's not my primary lang, I hope you will understand me well

Thank you. I have passed these tips along. I've got another log of a fight where he seems to be underperforming and wanted some advice on how to improve here:
    worldoflogs .com/reports/paqpsuwmfv5ombms/analyze/dd/source/?s=60&e=533

Thanks in advance to all

Deleted
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out, what is wrong with my DPS at the moment.

Please note that forging/gemming is not optimal because I just upgraded my Wrists. Will do before my next raid.

First: here's my armory link:
    eu.battle .net/wow/en/character/antonidas/Aur%C3%A2y%C3%A2/simple
    AMR link:
    askmrrobot .com/wow/gear/eu/antonidas/aur%C3%A2y%C3%A2
    Logs:
    worldoflogs .com/reports/opo2ifdpz36iokh7/

So the first thing I see is the bad uptime of Vampiric Touch. This should be my improvement priority .

Other than that I got my meta compared to these logs, so it should be a good dmg boost.
    Next on my list is the stat priority. I was using crit = mastery and considering simC, it is the best to do atm.

What else do you guys see in these logs, what I don't and can you give some more advices

Thanks a lot for you help

Greetings
    Last edited by mmocbbfa5fd5e0; 2013-10-24 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    I'm having quite a bit of trouble as well, from what I can see, I should be able to achieve about 160 to 190k according to sites like noxxic, but I can't seem to get much over 130k.
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Arunae/simple
    Mr. Robot: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/1...3-d6e6fcae6de4
    logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q3xwjjaaihr1g8k1/

I'm also wondering why Mr. Robot seems to ignore the 14873 haste-breakpoint and puts me at an odd 35.49% haste (including shadowform)
    Note: During the logs, I played with FDCL and DI

[EDIT] explaining the pants: I replaced my chest and shoulders only very recently, and still had the 502-pants and shoulders for the t15 set-bonus, so new pants are already on my shopping-list, I'll probably craft the White Cloud pants in a few days myself, provided I get the bloody recipe by then
    [EDIT#2] And sorry for the logs being german, we're a mixed guild and the guy taking the logs is one of our german members. :S
    Last edited by mmocc89c511dbb; 2013-10-24 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Thank you. I have passed these tips along. I've got another log of a fight where he seems to be underperforming and wanted some advice on how to improve here:
    worldoflogs .com/reports/paqpsuwmfv5ombms/analyze/dd/source/?s=60&e=533

Thanks in advance to all
    For Protectors He's having a lot of trouble getting proper uptime on the bosses. The log you lined has between 230-270 seconds of uptime on each one for shadow word pain for instance, and the fight was 368 seconds long. That's about 60% dot uptime. Talent choices could use some work here too. There's very little time to SW:I when you are dotting 3+ targets so FDCL is a better option here, frees up some quick movement options as well, If the fight is too overwhelming as is, Mind Bender isn't a bad choice. Personally I prefer ToF on this fight as well, as you can get over 70% uptime with some quick sniping on adds, however I've seen good results with DI as well, provided you're getting near 100% uptime on every target with SWP. As for the lvl 90 talent. Not much use here for Divine Star, as you're really only stacked for a short period of time, Halo and Cascade are both better choices in terms of damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Yulivae View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out, what is wrong with my DPS at the moment.

Please note that forging/gemming is not optimal because I just upgraded my Wrists. Will do before my next raid.

First: here's my armory link:
    eu.battle .net/wow/en/character/antonidas/Aur%C3%A2y%C3%A2/simple
    AMR link:
    askmrrobot .com/wow/gear/eu/antonidas/aur%C3%A2y%C3%A2
    Logs:
    worldoflogs .com/reports/opo2ifdpz36iokh7/

snip
    Gearing is fine.
    You're correct about the vampiric touch uptime, could use improvement, 90% on most fights you're doing, 97 is attainable. Your big thing however, is Mind Blast usage. You're at over 15 seconds between blasts. This should be at 9 ideally. That change alone would likely see a considerable change in dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I'm having quite a bit of trouble as well, from what I can see, I should be able to achieve about 160 to 190k according to sites like noxxic, but I can't seem to get much over 130k.
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Arunae/simple
    Mr. Robot: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/1...3-d6e6fcae6de4
    logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q3xwjjaaihr1g8k1/

snip
    The reason its being strange with the breakpoint is that in your gear you actually can't yet reach that haste breakpoint. You've got 12518 haste as it currently stands, and the breakpoint is at 14873.

Looking at logs. Both dot uptime and Mind Blast usage need work. Especially if you continue to run both proc talents. The amount of procs you get, is based on the uptime of your dots, as it currently stands, you're at about 70-80% uptime at best. Meaning you can get 30% more dmg from dots and 30% more procs by improving that. As far as Mind Blast, You had a 9.45 second average gap between while using Divine Insight, This is the timing you should be getting without using Divine Insight. Keep a closer eye on the cooldown of Mind Blast and that should be fairly easy to fix. About half of your Mind Blasts were instant on Klaxxi, With that % you should see Mind Blast usage go up by about 25% depending on lucky timing if it procs early into the cooldown a lot.

Deleted
    The reason its being strange with the breakpoint is that in your gear you actually can't yet reach that haste breakpoint. You've got 12518 haste as it currently stands, and the breakpoint is at 14873.

Looking at logs. Both dot uptime and Mind Blast usage need work. Especially if you continue to run both proc talents. The amount of procs you get, is based on the uptime of your dots, as it currently stands, you're at about 70-80% uptime at best. Meaning you can get 30% more dmg from dots and 30% more procs by improving that. As far as Mind Blast, You had a 9.45 second average gap between while using Divine Insight, This is the timing you should be getting without using Divine Insight. Keep a closer eye on the cooldown of Mind Blast and that should be fairly easy to fix. About half of your Mind Blasts were instant on Klaxxi, With that % you should see Mind Blast usage go up by about 25% depending on lucky timing if it procs early into the cooldown a lot.
    For the haste, the strange thing is that prior to switching a few items, I actually had been at the 14873-cap already. Which is why it's been a bit confusing that with seemingly better gear my haste went lower.

I was actually thinking on switching over to Insanity and Twist of Fate to avoid having too much stuff pop up at once, sometimes it did feel quite overwhelming with dots expiring, and double procs up. (and/or switching to insanity/Divine insight for a boss like juggernaught, where multi-dotting is impossible, and twist of fate wouldn't proc until the end)

[EDIT] On a related note: how much can one gauge from tests against test dummies?
    Last edited by mmocc89c511dbb; 2013-10-24 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted

Shadow priest

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3937&e=4335

Our shadow priest has been struggling and we really cant figure it out... as none of us play or have played it. any help appreciated guys

78.7% VT uptime, 89.9 SWP uptime, Cascade is better than Halo on that fight

Didn't look at mind blast usage but just from looking at DoT uptimes your MB usage could probably be better as well

Only 32 Mind Blasts in a 6:38 fight. Should be closer to 42-44 depending on haste, I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    These posts belong in the "Fix My DPS" thread stickied at the top of the forum, but I'll expand on anthonee1230's response and then move the posts over to the proper thread

The fight is 7 minutes long, he cast 33 Mind Blasts - mind blast should ideally be kept precisely on cooldown to maximize Shadow Orb generation - in that time theoretically you could cast 52 Mind Blasts: so he's only casting two-thirds of theoretical. He's using Twist of Fate, so he should never be surprised by having three orbs when the cooldowns comes back up - it should be a very predictable priority sequence.

He cast 16 Shadow Word: Death's, which are cast in pairs, so 8 sets with an 8 second cooldown. His ToF uptime was 52%, so he looks to be on the main platform the whole time - so he should be getting execute-orbs off the adds the same way he is getting ToF uptime. It's hard to say exactly because ToF starts at 35% and Death starts at 20%, but given 52% ToF uptime, we could probably assume half that in Death-time - which means 1/4th of the fight should be Death-possible on the platform for you - so he should be able to cast as much as 26 Death's in a fight (theoretical) - up from 16 currently.

Again, there are lots of good reasons to delay Deaths - you might be busy life gripping a bad out of fire or void swapping a tank about to die or a higher priority spell might have become active at the same time - things happen - but expecting 20 Death's really is probably perfectly reasonable.

Figuring out Devouring Plague is hard because our mastery randomly adds extra ticks, so I can't just solve for the number of ticks to figure out how many DP's he did - but it appears low to me: that could also be a gear scaling issue between what I'm used to seeing and his haste/mastery levels. Given everything else though, it's probably not a huge guess to say that he's maybe not maximizing his DP's as well - and certainly he would be getting a lot more DP's with better Mind Blast and Death management - which should be his top priority.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ts90vce0q12pgwa2/

I would appreciate some feedback on our Shadowpriest. He specs Disc for some fights FYI.

I have no idea how the class plays, but would like to know if he can improve at all.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ts90vce0q12pgwa2/

I would appreciate some feedback on our Shadowpriest. He specs Disc for some fights FYI.

I have no idea how the class plays, but would like to know if he can improve at all.

Thanks!
    the only dps parse was for spoils and it i'm not sure you were collecting his data the entire fight. he had 50% dot uptime, which if that log is accurate is most of the problem. his damage seemed okay on protectors, other than saying he should try to shadowfiend twice that fight, and having a last tier trinket really holds you back a *ton*. also, he should be sure to mindblast on cooldown, he lost like 3 mindblasts on protectors (only real finesse fight where he was dps).

Our Shadow Priest is on the lower side of our DPS and I don't know enough about sPriests to determine whether it's a gear/class issue (his trinket's aren't great) or if there's another underlying problem. Any feedback is much appreciated! Sorry in advance for the spaces in the URLs.

iLvl: 558
    Armory: http: //us. battle .net/wow/en/character/malganis/Benzal/simple
    Logs: http: //www . worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v02fm6byoilgicit/sum/damageDone/?s=3750&e=4017