Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukka View Post
    Our Shadow Priest is on the lower side of our DPS and I don't know enough about sPriests to determine whether it's a gear/class issue (his trinket's aren't great) or if there's another underlying problem. Any feedback is much appreciated! Sorry in advance for the spaces in the URLs.

    iLvl: 558
    Armory: http: //us. battle .net/wow/en/character/malganis/Benzal/simple
    Logs: http: //www . worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v02fm6byoilgicit/sum/damageDone/?s=3750&e=4017
    Gear is okay as far as reforging/gemming priorities go.

    Mind blast usage is poor, 11.5 seconds between, ideal would be around 9.
    He gained 27 orbs and used 9 Devouring Plagues in the span of the fight.
    He's not double tapping SW but instead waiting 9 seconds between, The changes in 5.4 make this a dps loss vs double tapping.
    Dot uptime is really bad. Went almost 30 seconds without dots at about the 70% mark into the fight. He's letting dots fall off before re-applying most of the time.
    MF:I usage is fairly poor as well, this will improve with mind blast usage however. As he only had 19.6% up-time on DP. You'd wanna aim for closer to 25 with this talent set.

    Talent choice is also wrong for most fights. Power Infusion is vastly underpowered in comparison to both ToF and DI in 5.4
    It doesn't appear he ever changes talents between fights. Insanity:PI:Halo on all the logs here. There's a post somewhere around here of ideal talent choices for each fight.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-11-07 at 10:22 PM.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    He's not double tapping SW
    I hate casting Shadow Word: Smiley! Stupid emoticons

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I hate casting Shadow Word: Smiley! Stupid emoticons
    Its so much better than death though.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    the only dps parse was for spoils and it i'm not sure you were collecting his data the entire fight. he had 50% dot uptime, which if that log is accurate is most of the problem. his damage seemed okay on protectors, other than saying he should try to shadowfiend twice that fight, and having a last tier trinket really holds you back a *ton*. also, he should be sure to mindblast on cooldown, he lost like 3 mindblasts on protectors (only real finesse fight where he was dps).
    Thank you Snax. He is pretty clued up with his class and that's what he came up with as well.

  5. #245
    Need some help with the heroic galakras fight on 10M.

    logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/qzrir6e6s1tw1fvn/
    armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laeno/advanced
    ilvl: 561
    build:1:1 mastery/crit

    I'm on the ground for this fight but I feel my dps' mediocre. I'm not really sure how to approach this fight. Maybe more mind sear? I dot the high priority add: shaman/bone crusher, then sear until MB/plague which I use on those high priority targets. If more than 3 targets is alive after I MB/Plague do I use insanity or go back to sear? I feel like sear's just there to pad the meter but doesn't help with killing the adds that we need dead...not sure though. Any advice is appreciated.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno View Post
    Need some help with the heroic galakras fight on 10M.

    logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/qzrir6e6s1tw1fvn/
    armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laeno/advanced
    ilvl: 561
    build:1:1 mastery/crit

    I'm on the ground for this fight but I feel my dps' mediocre. I'm not really sure how to approach this fight. Maybe more mind sear? I dot the high priority add: shaman/bone crusher, then sear until MB/plague which I use on those high priority targets. If more than 3 targets is alive after I MB/Plague do I use insanity or go back to sear? I feel like sear's just there to pad the meter but doesn't help with killing the adds that we need dead...not sure though. Any advice is appreciated.
    As far as higher dps goes, You'll need to start multidotting.
    SWP on every target as they drop, then VT on as many as you need to keep mana stable and your normal DP/Insanity into whatever target is priority. t90 talent is a higher priority on a fight like this than normal. Make sure its used on cd.
    Insanity is double Flay remember, so a 3 target Mind Sear is technically better. You won't want to delay Devouring Plague however, as its still a lot of damage. Don't think of not using Insanity every time it's up on a multi target fight as a loss. It just skipping it that rotation for something better, in this case Mind Sear.
    Keep up the mind blast usage and make sure to take advantage of ToF every time its up by refreshing dots that will soon fall off.

    Due to the fact you're still using UVLS, I would recommend going a pure mastery build instead of 50:50 crit/mastery

  7. #247
    The Patient sasslefrassed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    224
    Item Level 557
    Expectations: I would like to see my numbers at least around the 70th percentile (epeen) on all fights.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxzy/advanced
    I recently server transferred so I apologize if it is not up yet.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/azuremyst/proxzy/

    I'm fairly satisfied with my performance on bosses 1-9. I feel like I could be doing much better on Spoils through Garrosh (I've only done Garrosh once - I was on a vacation when my guild was downing it). I also can't seem to do as well on Nazgrim as I did on our first kill. I'm currently in the market for another guild and I would love any tips or advice that you could give me for how I could significantly improve my damage on those fights before I start applying anywhere.


    signature by Shyama.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxzy/advanced
    I recently server transferred so I apologize if it is not up yet.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/azuremyst/proxzy/
    you should be using twist of fate on shamans, and insanity on nazgrim. your numbers were strongest on your first naz kill b/c you got to mindsear all the adds on pull, the rest seem to have not been 1 shots. also you really need to be more aggressive about SWD on adds. on nazgrim, i routinely get 1-2 extra orbs from SWD per add wave - getting 7 total in a fight means you need to be more watchful there.

    same with shamans - when slimes are going out, mindsear a slime or something near where the slimes are landing until ToF procs, then halo in ideal range and keep mindsearing until most are dead, then get a SWD orb off a low hp slime and go back to blowing up the shamans.

    also you really need to be mindblasting on cooldown, 18 mindblasts in a 4 minute fight is never going to give you good dps. try getting something that lets you track the CD of mindblast. i use a numerical overlay of the cooldown, and i don't cast anything once mindblast is <1.4 sec on cooldown (to not lock myself out of the GCD). with practice, youll get used to re-casting your mindflays/sears when there's 2-2.5 sec left on mindblast so you don't loose flay/sear ticks nor do you delay your mindblast.

  9. #249
    The Patient sasslefrassed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    you should be using twist of fate on shamans, and insanity on nazgrim. your numbers were strongest on your first naz kill b/c you got to mindsear all the adds on pull, the rest seem to have not been 1 shots. also you really need to be more aggressive about SWD on adds. on nazgrim, i routinely get 1-2 extra orbs from SWD per add wave - getting 7 total in a fight means you need to be more watchful there.

    same with shamans - when slimes are going out, mindsear a slime or something near where the slimes are landing until ToF procs, then halo in ideal range and keep mindsearing until most are dead, then get a SWD orb off a low hp slime and go back to blowing up the shamans.

    also you really need to be mindblasting on cooldown, 18 mindblasts in a 4 minute fight is never going to give you good dps. try getting something that lets you track the CD of mindblast. i use a numerical overlay of the cooldown, and i don't cast anything once mindblast is <1.4 sec on cooldown (to not lock myself out of the GCD). with practice, youll get used to re-casting your mindflays/sears when there's 2-2.5 sec left on mindblast so you don't loose flay/sear ticks nor do you delay your mindblast.
    Thank you so much for the feedback! The tank actually decided to take it upon himself to pull the trash on Nazgrim separately and reset the boss because he didn't feel like tanking all of it, so that's why there is no mind sear on the most recent kills. :/ I'm not in that guild anymore, though.
    So what I'm getting is pretty much more shadow word death and more mind blast, right? Could you give me specific examples of when you noticed I wasn't mindblasting on cooldown?
    Last edited by sasslefrassed; 2013-11-17 at 01:59 AM.


    signature by Shyama.

  10. #250
    i'm not going through and looking at each individual mindblast cast in the expression editor. you should be able to look at your log and multiply your # of mindblasts by 9.5 and come up with roughly the length of the fight in seconds. if that's not the case, you need to be more careful with mindblast.

    an addon which displays mindblast's cooldown numerically can help avoid GCDing yourself out of your mindblasts. some people like gnosis, but i just use a numerical overlay addon called 'cooldowns' on curse.

  11. #251
    Item Level: 548
    Expectations: improve before I get my LMG and back
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...schio/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jd6pdp5w1og4zxyy/


    Hi guys, got an issue, I'll explain:

    I played up to ToT as a monk tank, because I wasn't enjoying my priest, now the nostalgia hit me and came back playing, got a few issues tho...

    First I'm at 5/20 secrets so no LMG, and no back, so I know I'm quite low dps, also my guild isn't the best in the world so I kinda need to step up since we have had issues with reliability on our dps. Today we couldn't even clear garrosh(we usually do up to 2/14 hm, second being a 1% wipe sadly) since our guild usually isn't the most skilled, that usually kinda tries to overgear the content.

    I have to regem a few things and check a bit with the reforge(aiming right now for 14k cap haste), also got a few logs(wasn't a "main raid" night, we had a few alts and was my first normal garrosh night) , I already know a lot of my issues(not enough mindblast, lowish dot uptime) and it's mostly related to the fact that i need to use a few pom here and there and also trying to push some aoe in the first phase. I definitely have issues choosing when to mindblast during mindsear aoe, and when to dot things during aoe. Generally using vt+swp around 3-4 targets, and 4+ just mindsear... I also tried to tell my raid to let me get ToF and sw: death procs on weapons but they kinda didn't help me there. I really feel I'm doing something HORRIBLY wrong tho...

    Any pointers? (reposted from howtpriest since I really need help before the next raid <.<)
    Last edited by Neviskio; 2013-11-27 at 09:46 AM.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    Item Level: 548
    Expectations: improve before I get my LMG and back
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...schio/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jd6pdp5w1og4zxyy/
    Commenting only on your play and not your gear at all:

    1) Improve DoT uptime
    2) Encounter was 8m 25s meaning you should have had approximately 53 mind blasts - you only have 22
    3) Judging from the above information and how mind spike is your highest dpsing ability I'm going to say you are delaying mind blast (A LOT) to consume your Surge of Darkness procs. Mind Blast and all other orb builders should be #1 on your priority list unless you have 3 orbs.

    TL;DR
    Mind blast on cooldown - DoT up time over 95% - Don't mind spike over re-dotting (unless target is at like 2%)

    You pretty much only want to mind spike when the only ability you have available to you is Mind Flay.

    As for mind sear - on Paragons you pretty much never want to mind sear on Normal mode assuming you guys kill the Parasite guy first. All the paragons heal after each one dies. What you do want to do though is use SWP to fish for ToF procs on the lower HP targets (bloods, amber, parasites if they come out, low hp kunchongs etc.) but I would focus on your DoT uptime more than doing little things like that.
    Last edited by anthonee1230; 2013-11-28 at 04:33 PM.

  13. #253
    Been trying to sort out my gems and reforges, but with my new OH I can't get below the hitcap I currently have. The offhand it replaced was the 561 relevations.

    For some reason I am also simmed alot lower now. Any idea what to do regarding my hitcap? I've tried using AMR and tried to keep socket bonus (apart from the spirit/ hit ones), but that puts me at 16% hit (due to the green gems). I just can't seem to get lower than this .

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yarea/advanced

    Any help appreciated!

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayarea View Post
    Been trying to sort out my gems and reforges, but with my new OH I can't get below the hitcap I currently have. The offhand it replaced was the 561 relevations.

    For some reason I am also simmed alot lower now. Any idea what to do regarding my hitcap? I've tried using AMR and tried to keep socket bonus (apart from the spirit/ hit ones), but that puts me at 16% hit (due to the green gems). I just can't seem to get lower than this .

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yarea/advanced

    Any help appreciated!
    Not much you can do, you have tons of hit / spirit on your gear. The only thing I'd change is the green gem on your chest for a stamina/mastery one. Not much of a change, but spirit beyong hit cap is useless and you want to keep that socket bonus, at least the mastery/stam gem isn't wasted stats and will increase your HP a tiny bit.

  15. #255
    Hello looking for some critique of our Spriest on Malkorok, his ilvl on the fight was 539 (same as me), yet he only managed to do 34 million damage. I was soaking all the inner purple pools.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=4294&e=4606

    Is there anything obvious he is doing wrong? point out as much as possible Is it a gear issue or ability?

    Thanks

    Veng
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Not much you can do, you have tons of hit / spirit on your gear. The only thing I'd change is the green gem on your chest for a stamina/mastery one. Not much of a change, but spirit beyong hit cap is useless and you want to keep that socket bonus, at least the mastery/stam gem isn't wasted stats and will increase your HP a tiny bit.
    Didn't even think of that! I had to look what the gem was called, 15.33% hit still, but still better than 15.83% and stamina might not be the best, but like you said it's not wasted (and I get to keep my chest socketbonus).

  17. #257
    Hi I feel like I'm VASTLY under-performing and having been a ranking spriest in cata and before, then seeing the numbers I'm parsing with now...It's embarrassing to me. Help?

    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bypls/advanced

    WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-eiwoy8yhoiilxrl2/

    iLvl: 566

    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by doobypls; 2013-12-11 at 07:18 PM.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by doobypls View Post
    Hi I feel like I'm VASTLY under-performing and having been a ranking spriest in cata and before, then seeing the numbers I'm parsing with now...It's embarrassing to me. Help?
    Crit. Going full mastery you're losing on your t16 2 pc and your amp trinket. Try to keep it 1:1

    If you're using AMR, set custom weights and make crit = mastery.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Crit. Going full mastery you're losing on your t16 2 pc and your amp trinket. Try to keep it 1:1

    If you're using AMR, set custom weights and make crit = mastery.
    I regemmed and reforged to even my crit and mastery out overall, and I did see a 10k dps increase in my sims so I do appreciate it. Is there anything in my world of logs that seems off that I could work on that I might have missed?

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by doobypls View Post
    Is there anything in my world of logs that seems off that I could work on that I might have missed?
    Seeing as you're searing all the things on immerseus, you might wanna take mindbender for that fight.
    For protectors you should DoT all the things and take infinite FDCL procs.
    For Norushen depending on your strategy you might be better off taking twist of fate, and halo won't hit much meaningfully, you might wanna go divine star and help a bit with the healing.
    For Sha of pride you won't be able to pull a SWI under 30%, you should also go FDCL for that one.
    For Galakras you're searing a lot, not bad if your team handles things but imo it's a priority fight where you should DoT all the things and single target priority targets. Also, try to sweetspot halo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •