Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaerthon View Post
    Hey there, having some trouble with one of my shadow priests. We're just getting started on heroic progression and thought you guys might be able to give him a few pointers. A fight I thought he should be rocking on was Heroic Protectors, but he's bottom of our meters.

Here is last nights attempts ( on both sites ). Most of which culminated in too many people not moving out of brew/spinkick/poison fast enough and us wiping quickly. Our best attempt was our last attempt.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tzm61vys9p7sagrw/
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kC21L4WbMVrgXJRq

From that last attempt I did a query on his first 10seconds of spells cast which might help as he's only bursting to 500k dps or so on his opening ( during lust ) with skullbanner/stormlash/etc

[21:58:46.038] Boscom begins to cast Mind Blast
    [21:58:46.862] Boscom casts Mind Blast on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:58:47.366] Boscom casts Shadow Word: Pain on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:58:48.800] Boscom begins to cast Vampiric Touch
    [21:58:49.398] Boscom casts Vampiric Touch on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:58:50.100] Boscom casts Shadowfiend on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:58:51.800] Boscom casts Halo
    [21:58:54.156] Boscom casts Mind Flay on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:58:56.246] Boscom begins to cast Mind Blast
    [21:58:56.996] Boscom casts Mind Blast on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:58:57.809] Boscom casts Mind Flay on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:59:01.909] Boscom casts Shadow Word: Pain on Sun Tenderheart
    [21:59:03.485] Boscom begins to cast Vampiric Touch
    [21:59:04.280] Boscom casts Vampiric Touch on Sun Tenderheart
    [21:59:04.826] Boscom casts Vampiric Embrace
    [21:59:06.776] Boscom casts Mind Flay on Sun Tenderheart
    [21:59:11.082] Boscom begins to cast Mind Blast
    [21:59:11.960] Boscom casts Mind Blast on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:59:12.376] Boscom casts Shadow Word: Pain on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:59:14.181] Boscom casts Devouring Plague on Rook Stonetoe
    [21:59:15.670] Boscom casts Mind Flay (Insanity) on Rook Stonetoe
    Opener should be using a pull timer, Halo has travel time so you can cast it prior to pull

I generally hit halo at -2 seconds, then Pot then mindblast, The mind blast hit will land directly on the pull. Then SWP, VT, Flay till next MB, Normal rotation would continue from here.

In the case of protectors with multiple targets, when he would normally go to flay, he'll apply dots to the other targets instead, ideally starting with SWP on both then VT. Switching targets mid cast removes the delay.

If he starts with 3 orbs (probably isn't) use VT instead for the cast time spell then SWP, DP, MB and finish off the insanity.

Note the last four lines, He cast Flay, MB, SWP, DP then insanity. If he's properly planning ahead, He would have been able to refresh SWP early in the spot that he used the flay and gone straight into the devouring after mind blast, Allowing for 1 extra GCD of Insanity.

Hello guys, I'm looking for some help with my shadowpriests DPS. I would just like to say that I have been playing for a very long time with different classes, but shadowpriest is the one class that I really struggle with.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fwap/advanced - this is my armory. Itemlevel is 550 atm. How much DPS should I be able to pull with the gear I have? (Armory isnt updated with the enchants that I miss, yet). Is the DPSboost with legendarygem and cloak really that big and noticeable? I barely manage to pull out around 150k on single target fights. Is there anything you can see on my gear thats really "wrong"?

I am using the standard rotation with precasting halo etc (using the stuff that noxxic.com shows). I also apply dots when my trinketbuffs are up. I do not have any logs that I can show you, sorry ;(

On fights with multiple targets (protectors i.e) I more or less try to keep my dots up on all of them.
    Last edited by danei; 2014-01-23 at 09:38 AM.

Item Level: 546
    Expectations: More DPS
    Armory Link: eu.battle#net#wow#en#character#aszune#Fritheil#simple

Hi Folks,
    I am looking for some help as I just came back to the game a couple of months ago after a few years off. My Guild have been great and helped me gear up but I was expecting to be doing bigger numbers and I know some of my fellow raiders are expecting it as well.

I am seeing 140k on single target fights but think I should be closer to 200?

I think I have the rotation about right though I am sure there is room for improvement.

Sorry no WOL info and this is my first post so cant put the link in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritheil View Post
    Item Level: 546
    Expectations: More DPS
    Armory Link: eu.battle#net#wow#en#character#aszune#Fritheil#simple

Hi Folks,
    I am looking for some help as I just came back to the game a couple of months ago after a few years off. My Guild have been great and helped me gear up but I was expecting to be doing bigger numbers and I know some of my fellow raiders are expecting it as well.

I am seeing 140k on single target fights but think I should be closer to 200?

I think I have the rotation about right though I am sure there is room for improvement.

Sorry no WOL info and this is my first post so cant put the link in.
    Moar crit. The interactions between PBoI and your tier bonuses favour a 1:1 crit-mastery ratio.

(And don't expect more than average on single target.)

Deleted
    Item Level: 566
    Expectation: Get the most out of my gear
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kuler/advanced

Hey guys, I'm back again. Still can't work out if I'm going wrong by going for full haste or not. Finding it a pain in my rear to know what to gem/reforge for.

Any help would be great. And also any help configuring AMR properly to optimize my character would be great.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiur View Post
    Item Level: 566
    Expectation: Get the most out of my gear
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kuler/advanced

Hey guys, I'm back again. Still can't work out if I'm going wrong by going for full haste or not. Finding it a pain in my rear to know what to gem/reforge for.

Any help would be great. And also any help configuring AMR properly to optimize my character would be great.

Thanks.
    Read this. Just ignore Lazu's sad dick measuring contest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I did see that, but it makes me wonder how I should be gemming then? Because AMR just tells me to go for the 18215 haste cap now.

Without me having to go through all those posts, what are the real advantages of going for the 14873 one instead?

I did see that, but it makes me wonder how I should be gemming then? Because AMR just tells me to go for the 18215 haste cap now.

Without me having to go through all those posts, what are the real advantages of going for the 14873 one instead?
    Disregard AMR. You're losing 600 int from socket bonuses just to get to GCD cap. There is no significant dps difference between GCD and DP+3. Just go for 14873 haste and 1:1 crit-mastery.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kuler/advanced

How do I look now?

Hi, I thank in advance everyone that will help me

Item Level: 547
    Expectations: Understanding how much dps should I roughly do with my ilvl, how to manage certain situation, and how to use Askmrrobot correctly.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...narth/advanced

Recently I started raiding with my guild (I was a social member until a few weeks ago), we do normal modes but I feel that, even if with their 565+ ilevels they can afford an undergeared raider like me, I could do more.

In single target fights I do about 170-190k depending on movement (my record was 210k on Juggernaut), on Shamans I can reach 250k dps, but on Protectors and Nazgrim (fights that, I read, should be optimal for Shadows) I manage to do only about 190-200k dps. I think I have a problem when it comes to multidot many targets.

I've read guides about single target / aoe rotations, but I still have a little list of doubts.

1) On fights like Protectors/Nazgrim, how shoud I multidot? I find myself in situations where I can't manage dots on the bosses and simultaneously take care of every add that spawns, and between movement, procs, the time needed to dot/redot and my un-skill dots start to drop.

For example, at the beginning of the Protectors fight I put VT+SWP on every boss, but when adds spawn what should I do? Focus one add while keeping dots on the bosses and dotting other adds? Or it's better to just focus on one-two targets?

Then, if dots start expiring BUT I have MB / DI procs / MFI ready, should I delay everything to ensure the maximum dots uptime, or still follow the standard priority even if dots will fall off? Is it worth to delay DP to refresh dots on the second target in situations/fights like Shamans?

2) I know that Shadow's difficulty lies in planning our abilities to reduce the chances of dots expiring / interrupting MFI, but sometimes I just can't manage that well. I always use DI (I like self-sustain :P), and sometimes I find myself in a situation like this:

I have 2 orbs, VT and/or SWP are about to expire, MB is still on CD. Normally I would refresh the dots so that the next MFI should not be interrupted by refreshing dots, BUT DI procs. What should I do?

a) Cast MB instantly, followed by a full MFI even if dots will expire and I will not recast them for several seconds
    b) Delay MB to refresh dots, then MB-->MFI
    c) Cast MB instantly, delay DP to refresh dots, then MB → MFI

A similar situation is when DI procs while SWP and/or VT still has 4-6 seconds before expiring, meaning that they will fall off during MFI if I instantly cast MB-->MFI.

I still don't understand what's the better option...

Lastly, I have a question about Askmrrobot – I have read H2P, but IIRC the stat values described there - optimized for the GCD cap - are different from the ones on Mr. Robot. Since I can't reach the GCD cap with my equipment, I'm aiming for the optimization of the DP+3. Should I use the H2P values anyway?

I hope that I have explained my problems clearly. Thanks again to everyone that will help me, please accept a drawing of a Shadow Priest relaxing after a hard day of shadowpriesting as a reward.

http://imgur.com/Ta4wB4y

Better, although keep in mind some socket bonuses are worth losing. For instance, you are 1% over the hit cap, so the socket bonuses on your boots and ring are doing nothing for you. You can safely gem yellow on those. Same thing for the expertise gem on your cloak. And if after switching gems and reforging you're still over hit cap, you should start switching your green gems for stam instead of hit, since hit above hit cap is completely useless.

After reaching 14873 haste you want to start gemming for crit/mastery instead of haste. E.g. with your current setup you can switch a reckless for a potent and still hit the haste breakpoint.

Finally, moar crit. You'll want to keep crit and mastery on a 1:1 ratio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    1) On fights like Protectors/Nazgrim, how shoud I multidot? I find myself in situations where I can't manage dots on the bosses and simultaneously take care of every add that spawns, and between movement, procs, the time needed to dot/redot and my un-skill dots start to drop.
    You need to setup your UI to make multidot easier for you. Lots of options for that, I use Tidyplates and Shadowed Unit Frames to track DoTs on adds and boss units.

For example, at the beginning of the Protectors fight I put VT+SWP on every boss, but when adds spawn what should I do? Focus one add while keeping dots on the bosses and dotting other adds? Or it's better to just focus on one-two targets?
    DoT all the things.

I have 2 orbs, VT and/or SWP are about to expire, MB is still on CD. Normally I would refresh the dots so that the next MFI should not be interrupted by refreshing dots, BUT DI procs. What should I do?

a) Cast MB instantly, followed by a full MFI even if dots will expire and I will not recast them for several seconds
    b) Delay MB to refresh dots, then MB-->MFI
    c) Cast MB instantly, delay DP to refresh dots, then MB → MFI

A similar situation is when DI procs while SWP and/or VT still has 4-6 seconds before expiring, meaning that they will fall off during MFI if I instantly cast MB-->MFI.
    Never ever delay MB or SWD. I'd go for option c if the dots will go off before halfway through MFI.

Lastly, I have a question about Askmrrobot – I have read H2P, but IIRC the stat values described there - optimized for the GCD cap - are different from the ones on Mr. Robot. Since I can't reach the GCD cap with my equipment, I'm aiming for the optimization of the DP+3. Should I use the H2P values anyway?
    H2P values are accurate. And I'm fairly certain they're the same on AMR, unless you have boxes like racials and bloodlust checked.

Thanks again to everyone that will help me, please accept a drawing of a Shadow Priest relaxing after a hard day of shadowpriesting as a reward.

http://imgur.com/Ta4wB4y
    That's great! Loved the rawr!
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-01-31 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre
    You need to setup your UI to make multidot easier for you. Lots of options for that, I use Tidyplates and Shadowed Unit Frames to track DoTs on adds and boss units.
    Normally I use a macro that let me cast on the current target if I press/click, and cast on the focus if I use a modifier+press/click - the problem is that it limits me to follow greatly on two targets only, while I have Tidyplates for the others but during a fight I might lose vision of the dot icons over other targets... Is there a way to target the boss without using focus, turning the boss frames into 'other focus frames'?

DoT all the things.
    I shall dot all the things!

Never ever delay MB or SWD. I'd go for option c if the dots will go off before halfway through MFI.
    Good, that's what I normally do. :P

H2P values are accurate. And I'm fairly certain they're the same on AMR, unless you have boxes like racials and bloodlust checked.
    In the AMR thread the values are

Int = 6
    Spellpower = 5.2
    Hit = 5
    Haste (to 18215) = 4.5
    Crit = 3.5
    Mastery = 3.5
    Haste (18215+) = 2

While on AMR

Int = 5.5
    Spellpower = 4.45
    Hit = 4.6
    Haste (to 14873) = 3
    Crit = 2.85
    Mastery = 2.9
    Haste (14873+) = 2.4

I need to use the weights for the DP+3 because I can't reach the GCD, but I don't know which weights set should I use or how should I edit them for the optimal DP+3 / 1:1.

I can't find any options about bloodlust on AMR either...

Anyway, is my dps 'ok' for my ilvl or should I do a lot more?

That's great! Loved the rawr!

Thanks again for the help!
    Last edited by Naga Coatl; 2014-01-31 at 06:16 PM.

Is there a way to target the boss without using focus, turning the boss frames into 'other focus frames'?
    I use Shadowed Unit Frames. I'm sure ElvUI does that too.

In the AMR thread the values are
    When you sim, weights will actually vary slightly with your gear and talents. What those weights really mean and the thing you need to know is:

- Haste is your priority until you reach 14873 haste.
    - 1 Int < 2 Secondary stat (important when switching gems and evaluating socket bonuses)
    - Both mastery and crit are better than haste after 14873, and you should keep them on a 1:1 ratio.

Both the weights AMR is giving you and the ones posted in H2P follow these premises.

When you sim, weights will actually vary slightly with your gear and talents. What those weights really mean and the thing you need to know is:

- Haste is your priority until you reach 14873 haste.
    - 1 Int < 2 Secondary stat (important when switching gems and evaluating socket bonuses)
    - Both mastery and crit are better than haste after 14873, and you should keep them on a 1:1 ratio.

Both the weights AMR is giving you and the ones posted in H2P follow these premises.
    Ok, now I understood, thank you.

Here's a reward for the patience: http://imgur.com/Cg1CIw6

Thanks again, I'll try updating my UI now. ^^

Here's a reward for the patience: http://imgur.com/Cg1CIw6
    I'm going to have to borrow Koltrane's voice for this:

YEEEEESS!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Hello, long time lurker needs some advice from some fellow shadow priests

Problem: Gems and alternative to better pieces. 10/14 hc so far. Any help would be appreciated.
    Going for 14873 haste point. How viable is the 4-set bonus combared to other pieces I could get on hc and hc wf?
    Pretty confused at this point reading here and on h2p.com.

eu.battle.net /wow/en/character /Shadowsong /Flashyouhard /advanced

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Itasia View Post
    Hello, long time lurker needs some advice from some fellow shadow priests

Problem: Gems and alternative to better pieces. 10/14 hc so far. Any help would be appreciated.
    Going for 14873 haste point. How viable is the 4-set bonus combared to other pieces I could get on hc and hc wf?
    Pretty confused at this point reading here and on h2p.com.

eu.battle.net /wow/en/character /Shadowsong /Flashyouhard /advanced

Thanks in advance.
    4-set is not as strong as your 2-set (it was gonna be freaking awesome until they changed it ), and the stats from H gear will most likely make up for the loss of the 4-set bonus. The only way to know for sure is to sim and/or try it with both choices. In my case I pulled slightly ahead by losing the 4-set.

PS. Moar crit. You want to keep mastery and crit on a 1:1 ratio because of the synergy with your 2-set and Purified Bindings of Immerseus.

4-set is not as strong as your 2-set (it was gonna be freaking awesome until they changed it ), and the stats from H gear will most likely make up for the loss of the 4-set bonus. The only way to know for sure is to sim and/or try it with both choices. In my case I pulled slightly ahead by losing the 4-set.

PS. Moar crit. You want to keep mastery and crit on a 1:1 ratio because of the synergy with your 2-set and Purified Bindings of Immerseus.
    Thanks, but what about gems? Reforged to mastery to see this raid. Got the hc head from imm with more crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Itasia View Post
    Thanks, but what about gems? Reforged to mastery to see this raid. Got the hc head from imm with more crit.
    Yep, I just noticed you're still under hit cap too. I just posted a quick gemming reference a couple of days ago here.

You should switch reckless for wicked until you reach hit cap.

Yep, I just noticed you're still under hit cap too. I just posted a quick gemming reference a couple of days ago here.

You should switch reckless for wicked until you reach hit cap.
    Ah forgot to check after the reforges and regemming.. I'll fix that asap. I'll switch the mastery gems to crit instead to get them closer to 1:1.

Update: Fixed gems and reforges again, care to have another look Dierdre?
    Could switch head to: Hood of swirling senses hc
    or chest to: Mantid Vizier's Robes hc
    Last edited by Itasia; 2014-02-06 at 07:50 PM.