Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey all,

1st time Flexin last night and wanted to get some feedback.

Preface by saying that last night was my 7th day back from an 8 month hiatus and which I didn't into much raiding before I left...I asked the raid leader how I did honestly and he said my deeps could be better but did good with mechanics (which is what I was really trying to do after seeing these fights only once in LFR before Sunday). I knew my deeps would be low, I just didn't want to wipe us.

Item Level 524 (I had the 522 VP fire chest on before I got the Flex drop)
    Expectations: Constructive criticism, trends or bad habits that can improve my dps.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erial/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/141055/

I was at 14.99% hit but now over with new piece.
    Things I picked up reading around:
    - MFI should be interrupted for MB and SWD. I was holding onto them and sometimes even before starting MFI thinking I wanted to use it to generate the orb after I finished MFI.
    - TOF probably a better choice for Spoils?
    - Spoils I should've been VT+SWP on nearly everything. I was mostly throwing them out on the med-big adds, focusing the big guy and executing littles with occasional MS.
    - Kind of thinking of taking Mind Bender on Thok just for that damn interrupt making it a pain to maintain uptime on MFI plus the room is so large lots of running. Or just strafe it and recast MFI.

Please highlight anything I said wrong there or any additional advice, obviously just getting started in this (I know its crap). Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofogo View Post
    - MFI should be interrupted for MB and SWD.
    Yes.

- TOF probably a better choice for Spoils?
    Yes.

- Spoils I should've been VT+SWP on nearly everything. I was mostly throwing them out on the med-big adds, focusing the big guy and executing littles with occasional MS.
    It depends. If your group is burning through adds you'll be better just spamming SWP and only VT large adds.

- Kind of thinking of taking Mind Bender on Thok just for that damn interrupt making it a pain to maintain uptime on MFI plus the room is so large lots of running. Or just strafe it and recast MFI.
    If you're having a hard time on Thok take FDCL.

<3 you guys for keeping this going and dishing out good advice to people

Deleted
    Hi!

We did 13/14 bosses in SoO Normal without any serious problems - mostly one or two shot bosses at progress but we stack at Garry.
    My raid die at adds ater Wirling Corruptions and i think its due to my low HPS. Can you guide me what am I doing wrong?

Item Level 550 (now 557)
    Expectations: more HPS
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rahel/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bzoin3h09nlxx3so/

Pleas feel free to constructive criticism about gear, rotations and playstyle.

Cheers!

Hello i am asking for advice, help, tips or tricks for my GM which is a Spriest I know her DPS is extremely low for her ilvl and it has been a issue since the beginning when I first starting with this crew. You can check any of our logs and will see her dps is never consistent and always extremely low for her ilvl, i know she is trying to improve and has talked to many S Priest, but i am at a point where i need to intervene. I Appreciate all positive and negative feedback y'all can provide me with.

Armory:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Silvercat/simple
    Logs:worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-avzh21yoczv8du19/

cannot post links yet

Quote Originally Posted by Suspek View Post
    Hello i am asking for advice, help, tips or tricks for my GM which is a Spriest I know her DPS is extremely low for her ilvl and it has been a issue since the beginning when I first starting with this crew. You can check any of our logs and will see her dps is never consistent and always extremely low for her ilvl, i know she is trying to improve and has talked to many S Priest, but i am at a point where i need to intervene. I Appreciate all positive and negative feedback y'all can provide me with.

Armory:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Silvercat/simple
    Logs:worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-avzh21yoczv8du19/

cannot post links yet
    Too much haste. Or too little. She's halfway between haste breakpoints, she should drop haste (she'll just lose stats if she tries to reach GCD cap without BBoY with her current gear) to 14873 and reforge to 1:1 crit-mastery after that. She'll get more throughput through heavier stats and through all those wasted socket bonuses she has right now (660 int).

Moar crit. Keep it 1:1 with mastery

Too much hit / spirit. When she has the chance she should be rolling for items without it.

Kinda busy right now, I'll be checking her logs a bit later.

EDIT: Oh my. I just checked her log for Fallen Protectors. That is very, very wrong. Moar dots, no mind sear. MUCH more dots.
    EDIT 2: Just checked your Norushen, Sha and Galakras logs. Tell her to remove Mind Sear from her bar for a week or two. Mind Sear should be a filler spell, your lowest priority unless you're up against ~6+ short-lived stacked adds. She's not applying DoTs, she's delaying Mind Blasts, missing on Devouring Plagues, etc.

She must read and apply this, parts IV and V.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-02-15 at 07:15 PM.

dierdre

THANK YOU, I will definitely tell her and show this to her. thank you

Deleted
    Hey, I think I need some help. I feel I'm doing something very wrong with my DPS, I should be doing more with my gear level.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elyia/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ya833yd0bi9bq86v/
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/f7FyqB9mJNkb3wgr

My armoury and log from latest pug run. Now, some of things on the normal fights are derpy, such as multidotting the Paragons - what I look for mostly though is input on the HC fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Hey, I think I need some help. I feel I'm doing something very wrong with my DPS, I should be doing more with my gear level.

My armoury and log from latest pug run. Now, some of things on the normal fights are derpy, such as multidotting the Paragons - what I look for mostly though is input on the HC fights.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like you're reaching the GCD haste cap even with your amplifying trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukov View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like you're reaching the GCD haste cap even with your amplifying trinket.
    I am not and I do not aim for it. I can get it if I ignore socket bonuses, but that's a lot of stats wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

I'm just looking at IJ since the other fights have dumb variances (e.g. when you go down on Norushen, if you're doing towers/tower defense on Galakras). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=6400&e=6816

Your Mind Blast usage is incredibly low. You only have 16 for a 7 minute long fight. You should have double that at the least; ideally over 40 for a kill time that long. ToF is bunk as hell for IJ, use DI.

Also, if you refuse to go for 18215 haste, don't go more than 14893 (or whatever that number is).
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    I'm just looking at IJ since the other fights have dumb variances (e.g. when you go down on Norushen, if you're doing towers/tower defense on Galakras). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=6400&e=6816

Your Mind Blast usage is incredibly low. You only have 16 for a 7 minute long fight. You should have double that at the least; ideally over 40 for a kill time that long. ToF is bunk as hell for IJ, use DI.
    We do not go back into range after getting knocked back during the Siege phase, so a big part of the fight is spent spamming Flash Heal for me.
    Those logs are done by me, so Norushen is 100% correct, even if my place in correlation to others is skewed.
    As for Galakras - I spend much of the fight not aoeing/multidotting the waves as I'm dealing with the tower grunts attacking engineers, but from Galakras getting shot down till the end it's fine.
    Also, if you refuse to go for 18215 haste, don't go more than 14893 (or whatever that number is).
    Yeah, I got 2 upgrades in that run so I guess I should swap out one or two haste gems for mastery/crit.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2014-02-16 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukov View Post
    Not a huge loss. She's only slightly over DP+3, nothing gamebreaking. Hit's good too, crit-mastery ratio is good. Will have to dig into those logs.

Here is an update on Silvercat my GM, her dps has picked up a little bit more, but is not representing her ilvl still. She has made the Changes Dierdre had suggested.

warcraftlogs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/Xz43rjmM7xRY1QcG#type=damage-done&source=9

Armory: I would link it, but it is showing her pet hat equipped -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Suspek View Post
    Here is an update on Silvercat my GM, her dps has picked up a little bit more, but is not representing her ilvl still. She has made the Changes Dierdre had suggested.

warcraftlogs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/Xz43rjmM7xRY1QcG#type=damage-done&source=9

Armory: I would link it, but it is showing her pet hat equipped -_-
    Since you linked only Paragons, I'm assuming you just want feedback for that.

Paragons is a hardcore padding fight, so it's hard to get an accurate look depending on the environment in your guild, but she is doing a number of things wrong. Her dot uptime is really low. SWP could be better and VT is only at 56%... Her Insanity damage is also low; she's probably having a tough time managing multi-dotting and getting insanity casts off. Another thing that is kind of stumping me with these logs is that her miss percentages are strangely high. I know that whenever Karoz goes to hurl amber, he goes immune, which would explain some, but not what she's showing. Make sure she's at 14.9x% or higher hit percentage when she puts her real helm on.

What to do (for Paragons only): She can keep using ToF since it's passive. She should drop Insanity for FDCL. What this means--she needs to double dot all 3 targets (FDCL is procced by only VT, so if your guild frowns on padding, she should just do VT). This will basically force her to learn how to keep dots up for procs, and, in the end, increase her terrible VT uptime substantially.

If she plays well in that gear, she can likely get somewhere around 300-325k. You should tell her to aim for 260k+
    Zinge
    US 10th

Since you linked only Paragons, I'm assuming you just want feedback for that.

Paragons is a hardcore padding fight, so it's hard to get an accurate look depending on the environment in your guild, but she is doing a number of things wrong. Her dot uptime is really low. SWP could be better and VT is only at 56%... Her Insanity damage is also low; she's probably having a tough time managing multi-dotting and getting insanity casts off. Another thing that is kind of stumping me with these logs is that her miss percentages are strangely high. I know that whenever Karoz goes to hurl amber, he goes immune, which would explain some, but not what she's showing. Make sure she's at 14.9x% or higher hit percentage when she puts her real helm on.

What to do (for Paragons only): She can keep using ToF since it's passive. She should drop Insanity for FDCL. What this means--she needs to double dot all 3 targets (FDCL is procced by only VT, so if your guild frowns on padding, she should just do VT). This will basically force her to learn how to keep dots up for procs, and, in the end, increase her terrible VT uptime substantially.

If she plays well in that gear, she can likely get somewhere around 300-325k. You should tell her to aim for 260k+
    Thank You, Reason I only linked Paragons is because that is the only fight that she has done as DPS after her new changes. In Siegecraft she was DPS, but switched to heals later on. I will tell her your suggestion and hopefully see even better results.

Paragons is a hardcore padding fight
    Yep, this is the douchebag fight for this tier. Don't let meters fool you, whoever is topping meters is most likely being an ass, be it your rogue with blade flurry on, your casters dotting all the things, your hunter multishotting, your warrior whirlwinding, etc.

Particularly for shadow this fight actually sucks a bit, because unlike Fallen Protectors it's a disguised single target fight. Sure, you can be an ass and top the meters, but it won't help your raid a bit. That being said, you SHOULD DoT all the things, but for the right reasons. In Fallen Protectors you dot all the things to damage all the things simultaneously, and that is your priority. For Klaxxi, your priority is to kill specific targets ASAP, so you DoT all the things to fish for DI procs that you can use on your priority targets, which your friend isn't doing: You got three ambers from Korven, she mind flayed the first, did nothing to the second and she only hit the third with Halo.

Since it's a single target burn fight, I don't advice taking FDCL, you should only be using VT for mana regen and damage on your current priority target (unless you're being an ass to pad meters).

Deleted
    My brain is hurting. AMR is ruining everything for me so I feel like giving up on it entirely!

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kuler/advanced

I've currently got Leggings of Furious Flame, Hood of Swirling Senses, Bone-Inlaid Sandals sitting in my bag. I can't for the love of me work out where to go with it.

Halp plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post

Since it's a single target burn fight, I don't advice taking FDCL, you should only be using VT for mana regen and damage on your current priority target (unless you're being an ass to pad meters).
    I recommended FDCL since it will force her improve her VT uptime and give her something that's easier to manage than Insanity (the supremely low Insanity damage in logs suggested that she wasn't doing very well with it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aiur View Post
    My brain is hurting. AMR is ruining everything for me so I feel like giving up on it entirely!

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kuler/advanced

I've currently got Leggings of Furious Flame, Hood of Swirling Senses, Bone-Inlaid Sandals sitting in my bag. I can't for the love of me work out where to go with it.

Halp plz.
    If you don't have the tier helm, use the Hood of Swirling Senses. If/when you do get the tier helm, use the HWF legs. Bone-Inlaid Sandals are BiS, use them.

Use these weights for AMR:

Set haste break point to whatever your desired number is.
    Int: 6
    Spell Power: 5.2
    Spell Hit: 5
    Haste (to breakpoint): 4.5
    Crit: 3.5
    Mastery: 3.5
    Haste (> breakpoint): 1

Weights courtesy of Drye.
    Zinge
    US 10th

Deleted
    I recommended FDCL since it will force her improve her VT uptime and give her something that's easier to manage than Insanity (the supremely low Insanity damage in logs suggested that she wasn't doing very well with it).

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't have the tier helm, use the Hood of Swirling Senses. If/when you do get the tier helm, use the HWF legs. Bone-Inlaid Sandals are BiS, use them.

Use these weights for AMR:

Set haste break point to whatever your desired number is.
    Int: 6
    Spell Power: 5.2
    Spell Hit: 5
    Haste (to breakpoint): 4.5
    Crit: 3.5
    Mastery: 3.5
    Haste (> breakpoint): 1

Weights courtesy of Drye.
    But using those weights doesn't say to use Hood or Bone-Inlaid? And is asking me to drop 9.5% mastery in favour of 6% crit. And what are HWF legs?