Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiur View Post
    But using those weights doesn't say to use Hood or Bone-Inlaid? And is asking me to drop 9.5% mastery in favour of 6% crit. And what are HWF legs?
    I answered your gear questions already...

You want a 1:1 ratio of crit and mastery rating (the number, not the percentage) since you have two piece, that's why it's asking you to drop mastery.

You linked Heroic Warforged legs=HWF.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    I answered your gear questions already...

You want a 1:1 ratio of crit and mastery rating (the number, not the percentage) since you have two piece, that's why it's asking you to drop mastery.

You linked Heroic Warforged legs=HWF.
    Yes but I didn't understand what you meant. But surely if I should equip that gear then AMR would say so? When even with those weights it doesn't?

Yes but I didn't understand what you meant. But surely if I should equip that gear then AMR would say so? When even with those weights it doesn't?
    AMR doesn't tell you which gear to use (it technically does, but only if you pay for it and their valuations of gear are wrong). I thought you were confused with AMR because of what it told you to reforge and regem with, which is why I gave you those weights.

You should use this thread for gearing: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4486
    Zinge
    US 10th

Deleted
    AMR doesn't tell you which gear to use (it technically does, but only if you pay for it and their valuations of gear are wrong). I thought you were confused with AMR because of what it told you to reforge and regem with, which is why I gave you those weights.

You should use this thread for gearing: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4486
    I already use a Pro AMR account.

I was confused on the gear/gemming/reforging because AMR was telling me one thing and other places a different thing.

Thanks.

I was confused on the gear/gemming/reforging because AMR was telling me one thing and other places a different thing.
    AMR is an awesome project but you should understand what its results mean and that as any other simulator it's ruled by GIGO. As long as you stay at hit cap and haste breakpoint, gemming and reforging will have relatively small impact on your throughput.

AMR gives mastery a slightly higher weight than crit, but the truth is those weights actually vary depending on your talents, gameplay and each particular fight; and even then once you're at hit cap and haste breakpoint, you can safely gem/reforge +/-3000 crit/mastery with output variations below 2%, which is negligible when compared with RNG / performance during an actual fight.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-02-20 at 06:28 AM.

Alright, Here is more updates on Silvercat. I have more logs now since the last time I talked to y'all. She has read all of your feedback and has applied. I think she is doing better, but still has plenty of improvement ahead of her. Sorry if I am bothering y'all a little too much, but me personally I don't know jack crap about S Priest. And I am just trying to help my GM before we hit Heroics.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Silvercat/simple

Imm- warcraftlogs.com/reports/MpzL26Ww9b8BvhFd

Protectors- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=1

Norushen- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=6

Sha- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=14

Galakras- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=19

Iron J- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=21

Shamans- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#

Again Thank you for the feedback, y'all have provided me with I do believe she is improving.

getting tired of this not allowed to post links

Quote Originally Posted by Suspek View Post
    Alright, Here is more updates on Silvercat. I have more logs now since the last time I talked to y'all. She has read all of your feedback and has applied. I think she is doing better, but still has plenty of improvement ahead of her. Sorry if I am bothering y'all a little too much, but me personally I don't know jack crap about S Priest. And I am just trying to help my GM before we hit Heroics.

Imm- warcraftlogs.com/reports/MpzL26Ww9b8BvhFd

Protectors- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=1

Norushen- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=6

Sha- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=14

Galakras- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=19

Shamans- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#

Again Thank you for the feedback, y'all have provided me with I do believe she is improving.

Her hit is pretty high. I tried to do an AMR so that she could drop some, but it just went up even more. She needs some better itemized pieces, but that will come in time.

Looking at IJ for single target: her MB casts are really low. Stress that she should be mashing the button every time its CD is about to come up. Additionally, it looks like she's still having trouble managing Insanity. It should be her top damage on a single target fight like IJ by miles, not near the bottom. My only advice for this is to practice on the dummies. Cast 3 orb DP -> hit Mind Flay: Insanity -> Hit MB/SWD if they're up ->Back to Insanity.

Going to class. Can look over more later.
    Zinge
    US 10th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    AMR is an awesome project but you should understand what its results mean and that as any other simulator it's ruled by GIGO. As long as you stay at hit cap and haste breakpoint, gemming and reforging will have relatively small impact on your throughput.

AMR gives mastery a slightly higher weight than crit, but the truth is those weights actually vary depending on your talents, gameplay and each particular fight; and even then once you're at hit cap and haste breakpoint, you can safely gem/reforge +/-3000 crit/mastery with output variations below 2%, which is negligible when compared with RNG / performance during an actual fight.
    So should I just follow the gearing/gemming from http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...8012&start=130 ?

As currently AMR isn't giving me correct gear setup.

Thanks for your help btw, it's appreciated.

Much better. But she still has a fatal flaw. She's delaying Mind Blasts. There is nothing except getting out of poo that has higher priority than casting Mind Blast / SWD, even in DoT-all-the-things scenarios.

- - - Updated - - -

So should I just follow the gearing/gemming from http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...8012&start=130 ?
    Just remember:

Crap in your bags >>> BiS not in your bags.

Also, be wary of BiS lists. They're BiS assuming that you're not over/under hit cap and that you're at either GCD cap or DP+3; and if you're at hit cap and haste breakpoint, the difference between same ilvl items is negligible when compared to RNG / gameplay.

Soo checking the IJ kill which is 345secs long:
    1) She had 23 MB casts , it should've been closer to 345/9.5= 38 ... That's a pretty nice quick way to check logs for MB usage, tell her to aim for that (9.5 is calculated through CD + Cast + reaction time).. She absolutely MUST use MB whenever it's available and she has time to cast for 1second (meaning whenever not having jumping out of stuff)
    2) Her MFI uptime seems abit low but that is also affected from the MB usage > less DPs > less MFI uptime, tell her to only clip MFI for MB (that's a good rule to start with, though some times it is worth it to clip it to redot) Also tell her to always recast MFI right before DP wears off for the extra channel(except if MB is available to cast ).
    3) Her DoT uptime is still abit low ... Tell her to try to always redot before DP if they are going to fall off while she's MFIing ( look above )
    4) Now.... I suck at reading warcraft logs ( have a much better time with WoL :P ) and i can't find how long the boss was below 20% but either your guild reallly destroyed IJ below 20% (seeing how lust was in the begining i find that abit weird :P ) or she missed quite a few SWeaths , she has 6 of em casted which means 3 rounds of 2.... on a 8 second cooldown. So she should work on that also. Her priorities should be MB > SW always when she has less than 3 orbs.
    5) Lastly Halo usage seems abit low to me but i know that you can't always use Halo in the correct way, just have her try whenver she's using it, to be at the optimal 25yrd range

Now my advise is based on personal experience and on things I've read. If I've misunderstood something or if I'm wrong somewhere I'm sure Zinge or Dierdre will correct me

On gear:
    1) As Zinge said she should aim for better itemization for those huge amounts of hit but , well that comes with time.
    2) Another thing i've noticed is that she's around 918haste above the 14877 breakpoint (I'd aim for that one instead of the 18215 with her gear, which is perfectly fine since their DPS is virtually the same) , that's alot of lost stats, get her to use AMR ( with caution ) to balance her stats having crit=mastery (Though since she doesn't have 4set mastery is arguably abit better than crit (I think? /summon dierdre ). The main thing though is to get her haste down to 14877 to get higher on other stats (she's forfeiting a ton of int/crit/mastery with that 918 haste over the breakpoint , mostly through gem bonuses)

Hope I helped
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-02-21 at 03:52 AM.

Hi there, I feel my dps is fine, but when it comes to simcrafting, I'm an absolute scrub. Was wondering if anybody could sim me out and give me ideal stat weights to put into Mr Robot to optimize my gems/enchants/reforges. I really appreciate it and thank you in advance for anybody who does it for me. It will be a huge help.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%90oob/simple is my armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    Soo checking the IJ kill which is 345secs long:
    1) She had 23 MB casts , it should've been closer to 345/9.5= 38 ... That's a pretty nice quick way to check logs for MB usage, tell her to aim for that (9.5 is calculated through CD + Cast + reaction time).. She absolutely MUST use MB whenever it's available and she has time to cast for 1second (meaning whenever not having jumping out of stuff)
    2) Her MFI uptime seems abit low but that is also affected from the MB usage > less DPs > less MFI uptime, tell her to only clip MFI for MB (that's a good rule to start with, though some times it is worth it to clip it to redot) Also tell her to always recast MFI right before DP wears off for the extra channel(except if MB is available to cast ).
    3) Her DoT uptime is still abit low ... Tell her to try to always redot before DP if they are going to fall off while she's MFIing ( look above )
    4) Now.... I suck at reading warcraft logs ( have a much better time with WoL :P ) and i can't find how long the boss was below 20% but either your guild reallly destroyed IJ below 20% (seeing how lust was in the begining i find that abit weird :P ) or she missed quite a few SWeaths , she has 6 of em casted which means 3 rounds of 2.... on a 8 second cooldown. So she should work on that also. Her priorities should be MB > SW always when she has less than 3 orbs.
    5) Lastly Halo usage seems abit low to me but i know that you can't always use Halo in the correct way, just have her try whenver she's using it, to be at the optimal 25yrd range

Now my advise is based on personal experience and on things I've read. If I've misunderstood something or if I'm wrong somewhere I'm sure Zinge or Dierdre will correct me

On gear:
    1) As Zinge said she should aim for better itemization for those huge amounts of hit but , well that comes with time.
    2) Another thing i've noticed is that she's around 918haste above the 14877 breakpoint (I'd aim for that one instead of the 18215 with her gear, which is perfectly fine since their DPS is virtually the same) , that's alot of lost stats, get her to use AMR ( with caution ) to balance her stats having crit=mastery (Though since she doesn't have 4set mastery is arguably abit better than crit (I think? /summon dierdre ). The main thing though is to get her haste down to 14877 to get higher on other stats (she's forfeiting a ton of int/crit/mastery with that 918 haste over the breakpoint , mostly through gem bonuses)

Hope I helped
    The more information I can provide her with the better. When it come logs me personally I like using Warcraft logs, but we have someone else who uses WOL just for ranking reason's only.

here is the WoL link

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ycchtjir3kixpfoy/dashboard/?s=8948&e=9294

The more information I can provide her with the better. When it come logs me personally I like using Warcraft logs, but we have someone else who uses WOL just for ranking reason's only.

here is the WoL link

On Sha of Pride, she literally only casted 8 VTs and 16 SWPs the whole fight. This is really, really bad. It's mind blowing that she has a higher uptime on DP than VT and Mind Sear is her top damage. Her dot uptimes on the other bosses are equally frustrating.

This comes down to fundamentals. If she's really serious about improving her dps, she needs to re-evaluate her play style. Make sure she's actually using a DoT timer and not just looking to see if the debuff icon is on her target. There are many out there:

Pair http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots and http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdotspriest for a really great tool that helps you with when to recast stronger dots.

I use ForteXorcist which is, at this point, a more advanced addon that requires a decent amount of configuration, but I'm sure someone can recommend a good one (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ellipsis looks good? I've never used it)

If she's clicking spells/keyboard turning, it's only going to hamper her DPS. Clicking is bad, but especially bad for shadow. If you could convince her to make the switch (assuming she is clicking), it would pay off in a few weeks.

Lastly, watching videos will help! She can get a good idea of how other players function and hopefully adapt things to her own play. I'll link some normal videos since that's what you guys are doing.
    Sha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1QRPAjtT3M
    IJ (me--my other normal kill vids suck, so don't have her watch those. The heroic ones are good though!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js6uA0TSEgQ
    Garrosh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGn2SRZ3M-4
    Zinge
    US 10th

here is the WoL link

Well she needs to drastically change her playstyle and gearing and pretty much everything I'm afraid. And she needs to be willing to do that. To sit on a target dummy and spam the right priority system. As Zinge said getting the right addons will help immensly but she still needs to put the work in her self. She should look it up on howtopriest.com but main things would be: MB over anything with less than three orbs , Don't let her dots run off (snapshoting would be nice but let's leave that for another time), SW on CD below 20% and good MFI uptime. That's it in a really compact manner, she should check www.howtopriest.com
    I can't find something else on the WoL report to add.
    I'm not sure if u've told her about her gear yet but her haste values are still all over the place ( with an unenchanted weapon ) , I guess this could be cause she loged out just after she got some gear , just putting it out there she must optimize her gear if she's gonna try and fix her DPS.
    Learning the priority system comes first though.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-02-23 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doobypls View Post
    Hi there, I feel my dps is fine, but when it comes to simcrafting, I'm an absolute scrub. Was wondering if anybody could sim me out and give me ideal stat weights to put into Mr Robot to optimize my gems/enchants/reforges. I really appreciate it and thank you in advance for anybody who does it for me. It will be a huge help.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%90oob/simple is my armory.
    Still really in need of this. Only 3 ilvl behind some priests and when I sim (like I said, complete scrub at simming) I come out nearly 20-30k behind them.

Still really in need of this. Only 3 ilvl behind some priests and when I sim (like I said, complete scrub at simming) I come out nearly 20-30k behind them.
    I posted these a few posts ago:

Use these weights for AMR:

Set haste break point to whatever your desired number is.
    Int: 6
    Spell Power: 5.2
    Spell Hit: 5
    Haste (to breakpoint): 4.5
    Crit: 3.5
    Mastery: 3.5
    Haste (> breakpoint): 1

Weights courtesy of Drye.
    They should help you a lot as you're at 19% hit and using a haste/stam gem.
    Zinge
    US 10th

Also at around 570 ilvl, the 3ilvl difference huge.
    Seeing how 16(or 15)total ilvl is 1 char ilvl think of it as them having 3 items with 16ilvl more than you. That's more or less the difference between a HC WF and a normal item (it's 19 but you get the point). So 3ilvls is a pretty substantial gap.
    That's w.o having seen your armory or anything. Your sim is prolly correct :P

They should help you a lot as you're at 19% hit and using a haste/stam gem.

I appreciate the weights, gonna try them out. Didn't see you post them. The 19% hit will happen no matter what because of the excess spirit on my gear (I'll be the first to acknowledge I'm not BiS itemized currently.) The haste/stam gem is simply because AMR with my current weights had me using haste/spirit gems and the spirit seemed like a wasted stat at that 19% hit.

I appreciate the weights, gonna try them out. Didn't see you post them. The 19% hit will happen no matter what because of the excess spirit on my gear (I'll be the first to acknowledge I'm not BiS itemized currently.) The haste/stam gem is simply because AMR with my current weights had me using haste/spirit gems and the spirit seemed like a wasted stat at that 19% hit.
    I actually just ran your character with those weights and all it did was tell you to swap the stam gem lol. You may as well keep it for now.

Honestly, your sim is always going to be lower than others when you have a lot of spirit gear (rng is beyond our control!). However, once you get some better itemized pieces + those weights, your sim will go up. You can always mess around with the 18215 breakpoint and see if the playstyle is better for you. Your sim dps doesn't really matter too much, so don't get caught up on it.
    Zinge
    US 10th

I actually just ran your character with those weights and all it did was tell you to swap the stam gem lol. You may as well keep it for now.

Honestly, your sim is always going to be lower than others when you have a lot of spirit gear (rng is beyond our control!). However, once you get some better itemized pieces + those weights, your sim will go up. You can always mess around with the 18215 breakpoint and see if the playstyle is better for you. Your sim dps doesn't really matter too much, so don't get caught up on it.
    Yeah, like I said, I'm happy with my actual damage (80th percentile or higher on most fights in heroic 10s on epeen.) Just want to make sure I'm not wasting potential based on anything a little better min/maxing couldn't fix.