Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well if you check at the actual MFI uptime in comparison to the DP uptime and look at it as actual seconds then you can work out the casts/dp or well a mean of the casts/dp.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-05-29 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Item Level: 550
    Expectations: Find out why I can't perform well on Garrosh.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ickle/advanced
    WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/r19ll...=24867&e=25304

Got kicked from a really friendly group just because of the Deeps.

Quote Originally Posted by I Change My Name View Post
    Item Level: 550
    Expectations: Find out why I can't perform well on Garrosh.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ickle/advanced
    WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/r19ll...=24867&e=25304

Got kicked from a really friendly group just because of the Deeps.
    First thing, is you appear to have been out of shadowform for a massive chunk of the fight. During the first intermission you lost the buff on logs and nothing showing you gaining it back after. Was it you logging? or someone else? If it was you, it should have shown back up. I have seen cases where other people are unable to see buffs due to phasing or distance. Due to the fact that your bars change while in and out of shadowform I like to change which spells exist on the non shadowform bar so it's instantly apparent I'm not in the right form.

Second, you've got considerable gap between your spells. Places where a 1.5 second cast goes off and then you have a 0.4+ second gap before you cast the next spell. Ideally you should always be doing something even if its as simple as spamming SWP while you're running to a new location. Planning for movement can help with this. Your low mindflay uptime is what's hurting your dmg most in this regard.

Your halo, only 2 casts 1 of which was okay, the 2nd hit for a 29k crit. Implying you were standing directly on top of whatever you hit. With the cooldown as long as it is you should be able to get several off in a fight that long. It's not worth casting if you're not at or near 25 yards though. Save it for when it will hit multiple targets at the proper range. (eg garrosh and a weapon).

SWP and VT uptime needs some work. You're casting plenty of times, many of them too early or too late. 90% uptime on SWP, 79.6% on VT. Aim for 98+ on both. Get a dot timer if you don't already have one, something that allows you to see how long you have remaining and when you need to refresh (between 0-1.5 seconds is ideal)

Low mind blast usage as well, With DI talented you should be seeing upwards of 50 in a fight as long as yours was. 46 is "perfect" without DI. You had 44

I don't see any potions or flasks on your logs as well. These can make significant changes to your burst as well as sustained damage. As an alchemist it's important to at least have your re-usable flask on if you aren't going to use a real one.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2014-07-08 at 08:17 PM.

can a great shadow priest fix my dps, let me know whats going on

i know for a fact i can do much better, my uptime is bad on some fights, and as of recently my internet has been spotty, however i want to know what i can do to be better. here is our warcraft logs, i am neflian the shadow priest http:warcraftlogs/reports/H86aVhzFdbBNPgC4 it wont let me post a link until ive posted a few times so obviously type a www and a .com

Moved your thread to the stickied "fix my dps"-thread, as this is where queries like yours go. Welcome to the forums.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-07-11 at 10:37 AM.

Might wanna try the "Fix my DPS" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm not even close to great, but I can provide a link for others at least. Paragons is crazy so I chose Iron Jugs:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ht=7&source=18

Could have casted quite a few more MBs, and your dot uptimes seem low. Unfortunately I'm still learning how to read logs myself so I can't offer any more insight than that. If you want to try and do a comparison, this is a similar length log of mine from a couple weeks ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind Blast usage, DoT uptimes and proper Mind Flay clipping are the most common causes of low Shadow DPS... like 99% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I'm really excited to finally be able to post to ask for help with my dps. I just got a legendary cloak and have seen my numbers increase quite a bit (Also heroic Immerseus trinket).
    I just want to make sure that I have my mechanics down correctly.
    I've got logs from last night from Protectors and Iron Juggeranut. I used Divine Insight on IJ and Twist of Fate on Protectors.

Item Level 563
    Expectations: I finally have my legendary cloak - Want to focus on improving my mechanics
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llylulu/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Protectors http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=2902&e=3162 Realised at the end that I still had my spirit flask on from healing on Heroic Immerseus :>
    Iron Juggernaut http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=7014&e=7241

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ^_^

Hey mate,

You can improve on your MFI uptime abit. Try and plan out your DP usage so you can have those 8seconds to turret w/o having to move, that can be weird on IJ but you'll get the hang of it.
    Also you should change your 2nd trinket asap, the cleave trinket does nothing :P Though I'm pretty sure you know that already and I'm scraching open wounds :P
    I'd expect more MBs but it could've been just that you were unlucky, you're averaging 1mb/7.3secs which is just a bit better than normal. So you either missed some DI proccs or you were really unlucky, especially with the amount of mastery you have, which brings me to my next point.
    You should try and balance your mastery and crit, have them in a 1:1 ratio.
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Neflian on cho'gall
    Ilvl 582
    Armory : us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Neflian/simple
    I feel I'm doing terrible for my gear can someone let me know whats going on
    i know for a fact i can do much better, my uptime is bad on some fights, and as of recently my internet has been spotty, however i want to know what i can do to be better. here is our warcraft logs, i am neflian the shadow priest http:warcraftlogs/reports/H86aVhzFdbBNPgC4 it wont let me post a link until ive posted a few times so obviously type a www and a .com
    Last edited by neflian; 2014-07-10 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neflian View Post
    Neflian on cho'gall
    Ilvl 582
    Armory : us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Neflian/simple
    I feel I'm doing terrible for my gear can someone let me know whats going on
    You are confusing me :P you're playing ToF on IJ but DI on malkorok? :P I'd always go for them the other way around. Talents are personal choices but that for one is something I'd change 100%.

So I'll just go for the IJ log.

DoT uptime is weak. You have 80% on VT and 87% on SWP on a fight where there's basically no movement ( besides a couple of bursts of movement ) you really need to work on that. Also while having dots up for such a little time you're probably not snapshotting, so you should start snapshotting also.
    You were 5 Mind Blasts off what you should be and on a fight like this perfect is what you should be. So you should really make sure you're using MB on cooldown.
    Your MFI uptime could be better but it isn't that bad, make sure you used DP when you know you won't have to move for the next 8seconds... Without delaying it too much also.
    Your normalMF damage is obsenely high. That's most likely because you weren't redoting and weren't MBing on time and instead Mind Flayed your way to the kill.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

hey thanks for the advice man

Ilvl 571
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Valk/advanced
    Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b62BMyxcVjpTz8tH

I've recently gotten my priest alt geared up and been doing a few normal runs on it, I've got a good grasp of everything and will probably improve just with some more practise, but I feel like I could be doing more damage for my gear and I want to start getting through heroics. I have BBoY and I can usually snapshot at 10 stacks but I do miss it sometimes which is something I can improve, but really I'm just looking for a few pointers. Thanks.

The way you should use BBoY highly depends on how many orbs you have. Snapshotting at 10stacks isn't always the best way to go. this might help you http://mfinsanity.blogspot.gr/2013/1...m-garrosh.html
    Now. You have way too much haste. You can lose 400haste for other stats. And try to balance mastery with crit as much as possible which is doable with your gear.

Now logs: Not the best bosses to check your play on, on those logs :P but let's try blackfuse :P
    19 MBs when you could've gotten 21. That basically means that in total you let 18seconds go with MB being off CD. You need to hit MB on every single cooldown.
    Your DoT uptime is low... should be closer to 90-95% on both dots.
    MFI dmg is really really low. Make sure you'll be bale to turret after using DP for 8seconds. So you need to look ahead into the fight. Also you need to redot before your 3rd MB not after. But only redot if needed ( take into account time left/how potent your dots are ).
    Also you have 24 orbs and 8 DPs cast. Seeing how the attempt you killed him came after 2 wipes I'll assume that you had 0 orbs since you're horde and the trash in teh huge corridor/room w/e is dead. WHich means at the beginning of the fight you let all your trinkets drop and then used DP. When starting with 0 orbs it's better to DP with 2 orbs since you have all your trinkets up and you'll get more dmg out of it. This can also be used during the fight, where sometimes a 2orb DP with proccs has more dmg than a 3orb DP w/o proccs.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-07-20 at 10:00 PM.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Hello all!
    I am coming back to the game after a long break and haven't tried to raid as shadow since 3dOS lol. I feel like on multi dot fights I do ok keeping VT and SWP up but on fights like Malrock I think I am missing something. My goal is to play to the best of my characters potential.
    Item level 567
    Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l%C3%B8/simple
    Logs
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...65&end=7263163

Any advice would be helpful. The logs are before I switched to the GCD haste cap also.

Thank you

Hey mate welcome back

Sooo on your gear first:
    Imo you should drop down to 14873. The DPS difference is pretty much nonexistant. It's abit worse in multi-target fights and abit better in single target fights. You haven't sacrificed too many stats to get up there, but I believe it's noit worth it. Wait till you get some higher ilvl gear with more base haste to switch up to 18.215.
    Also you should balance your crit and mastery. Go for a 1:1 ratio instead of going all out mastery... It's all around the most solid choice.

On your logs. Since you're asking about malk, let's talk about that one :P
    You were 5 Mind Blasts off what you should be. In a 230sec fight you could get 24MBs off and you had 19. Since you were playing back then I guess you're having a habbit of not clipping MF. I had that too when I returned to the game this patch :P You should clip normal MFs for anything that has prio over it ( make sure you clip after a tick though ) and MFI for orb generators ( again make sure it's after a tick ), for MFI especially you can opt to finish the channel since you'll have to not clip MFI if MBs CD pops up right when the gcd of MFI ends 9times to miss a MB, but that's your own choice depending on proccs etc at that moment.
    You need to work on your dot uptimes, SWP is fine VT is abit low. You should aim for 95% for both, especially on a fight like malk.
    Also you should try snapshotting your DoTs with proccs etc ( I can't see if that is happening or not from the logs unfortunately )
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Thank you for the reply and insight! I was in the process of reforming last night to the 41.75 haste soft cap when my internet went out. I will finish it tonight. Does my damage look decent on protectors considering my gear? I will try to get my dot up times better.

Thanks again

On protectors you're still missing quite a few Mind Blasts. Orb generation is your number 1 priority. So generally you want to look ahead and re-dot things between mind blasts and especially before your 3rd Mind Blast (if your dots are going to be strong enough for that to be a dps increase ofcourse) for maximum MFI uptime.
    Also you'll need higher DoT uptime.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

7+ Year Old Account
    This thing was bugging me for some time. How do I open multidot fight (Galakras, Dark Shamans) while having 3 orbs from trash? Do I multidot everything first keeping my Mind Blast and 3 SO ready or maybe spend orbs immediately and not waste any MBs?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This thing was bugging me for some time. How do I open multidot fight (Galakras, Dark Shamans) while having 3 orbs from trash? Do I multidot everything first keeping my Mind Blast and 3 SO ready or maybe spend orbs immediately and not waste any MBs?
    When I have orbs from trash I usually open with halo / sear and as soon as trinkets proc I dump that DP and continue as usual.