Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    So after a few months of raiding HCs I still notice under performance on almost every boss which infuriates me greatly. Don`t know if its crappy rotation or bad talent choice. If any kind soul could look into my logs and help me, I would be deeply grateful.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tusgrin/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...l39/details/4/

According to Epeen Bot http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/ravencrest/rictusgrin/ Im below the curve on many fights. Some of it could be caused by handling certain boss mechanics differently or by my relatively low ilvl (2 normal pieces) but I know I can do better than that.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2014-08-13 at 11:45 PM.

Finally got a second Heroic Garrosh kill and it is time I start looking at what I can do with my dps. Normally I don't do this, as I hate looking at meters, but the few times I have I find myself slightly behind another spriest and it irks me greatly. I don't know what the highest dps is for shadow priests, but I know I could do better (although I would think that even if I was #1).

Here be my character.

And some logs
    . I don't know if you need more than that, this was from tonight's Garrosh kill.

I do have HWF bracers from Iron Juggernaut, but with my hit and haste I don't quite think I can do anything about those until 6.0 hits.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Argh so many WoL reports... WCL people! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So after a few months of raiding HCs I still notice under performance on almost every boss which infuriates me greatly. Don`t know if its crappy rotation or bad talent choice. If any kind soul could look into my logs and help me, I would be deeply grateful.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tusgrin/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...l39/details/4/

According to Epeen Bot http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/ravencrest/rictusgrin/ Im below the curve on many fights. Some of it could be caused by handling certain boss mechanics differently or by my relatively low ilvl (2 normal pieces) but I know I can do better than that.
    You should really hit the 18215 breakpoint or drop down to 14873. With your gear to be honest I would suggest dropping down until you get some more base haste and then go for 18215.

Other than that, on your logs:
    1)Immerseus looks fine
    2)On protectors I see no Mind Sear usage... Not sure if your guild stacks them up, if you do then use Mind Sear as your filler. If you're running insanity , then MFI > MS on 3 targets. On anything more than 3, prioritize Mind Sear over MFI. You could also try running spikes or mindbender on the fight, then you can always use sear as your filler and really focus on your multidotting. Also on protectors I'd go for ToF instead of DI. You can procc ToF many times throughout the fight, which also affects your DoT dmg. Also at some point with DI you might end up GCD locked.
    3)On Norushen I wouldn't play spikes. VT isn't worth casting if it doesn't roll to it's full duration on the target. So you'd have better results with TOF + MFI while SWPing small adds and sniping SWD proccs ( of which you only have 7 casts, so you should work on that more. Even though I know that they might day incerdibly fast ) and maybe double dotting the big adds just for mana management.
    4)On sha you could've had better uptime on VT. Also try using DP when you know you won't have to move for the next 8 seconds. You can even delay your DP up untill your next Mind Blast to accomplish that, use it in time though so you can get to use your Mind Blast right when it comes off CD. Again maybe you could be able to snipe some more SWDs
    5)You'll excuse me but I'll leave gala out of this since it's a pad fest
    6)On IJ you should have higher DoT uptimes. And your MFI damage is abit low. Depending on your raid etc, you could even pop a glyphed fade before DP and not move out of things, though getting hit by 3things at once could kill you if you're doing that. Also you had 1MB/5.7 seconds which is really good since you got way too many DI proccs :P
    7)On shamans you died so I can't really tell how it would've been if you hadn't.
    8)I really can't make out of the logs if you guys are stopping for Def stance or not. Since some of you are and some aren't. If you aren't, you've missed 2-3 Mind Blasts which is pretty important.
    9)Try doing the ToF trick to keep having ToF for the whole fight.
    Spoils really depend on both sides finishing on the same time, Thok relies on the kiting strategy and you not being interrupted so I can't really comment on them
    10)On siegecrafter what I do atleast is going all out Mind Sear on empowered mines, while keeping dots up and MBing/DPing and MFIing if there are less than 4 mines alive on the normal ones. Also you should try sniping SWD as much as you can on the normal ones.

On a general note you should try timing your DPs so you don't have to move for at least 8seconds after them. Even if you have to delay them abit. Since your MFI damage is suffering from that abit on most fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Finally got a second Heroic Garrosh kill and it is time I start looking at what I can do with my dps. Normally I don't do this, as I hate looking at meters, but the few times I have I find myself slightly behind another spriest and it irks me greatly. I don't know what the highest dps is for shadow priests, but I know I could do better (although I would think that even if I was #1).

Here be my character.

And some logs
    . I don't know if you need more than that, this was from tonight's Garrosh kill.

I do have HWF bracers from Iron Juggernaut, but with my hit and haste I don't quite think I can do anything about those until 6.0 hits.
    Something is wrong with your log sir :P It shows a 6min garrosh kill which I doubt is a heroic one :P If you could provide more logs from more bosses it'd be nice
    On your gear, you have 260 excess haste, which can be turned to mastery or crit and your crit is 1k above your mastery when they should be balanced and with your current gear you should be bale to balance them, or atleast get em closer than a 1k difference.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-08-16 at 01:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

7+ Year Old Account
    Many thanks for your extensive reply Zoulis.

PS
    Whats pad fest? :>

Adding different logs for shamans
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...35f/details/9/

Also Klaxxi logs
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...46/details/11/
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2014-08-18 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Many thanks for your extensive reply Zoulis.

PS
    Whats pad fest? :>

Adding different logs for shamans
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...35f/details/9/

Also Klaxxi logs
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...46/details/11/
    He means that damage meters mean next to nothing on that fight, if a group wanted to they could leave shamans alive the entire fight healing everyone and do monster dps. The cleanest kills will often be the ones with least dmg done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    Something is wrong with your log sir :P It shows a 6min garrosh kill which I doubt is a heroic one :P If you could provide more logs from more bosses it'd be nice
    On your gear, you have 260 excess haste, which can be turned to mastery or crit and your crit is 1k above your mastery when they should be balanced and with your current gear you should be bale to balance them, or atleast get em closer than a 1k difference.
    That is odd.

Let's try this day with various heroic bosses.

I have always used one orb per DP, is that wrong? I have never looked up a rotation and done my own thing.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2014-08-21 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That is odd.

Let's try this day with various heroic bosses.

I have always used one orb per DP, is that wrong? I have never looked up a rotation and done my own thing.
    Definitely should be waiting for 3 orbs.

The damage per orb is the same using it at 1, 2 or 3. However the time spent casting, is doubled or tripled. Meaning it subtracts from the time you can be using to cast fillers, Mind Flay, Mind Sear.

There are some exceptions which you'll find if you look around some forum posts here and H2P. Where in circumstances such as well timed stacks from the garrosh trinket you may want to use it at 2 orbs, but for the most part 3 is where you want to use it at.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2014-08-21 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Definitely should be waiting for 3 orbs.

The damage per orb is the same using it at 1, 2 or 3. However the time spent casting, is doubled or tripled. Meaning it subtracts from the time you can be using to cast fillers, Mind Flay, Mind Sear.

There are some exceptions which you'll find if you look around some forum posts here and H2P. Where in circumstances such as well timed stacks from the garrosh trinket you may want to use it at 2 orbs, but for the most part 3 is where you want to use it at.
    Guess I will have to try and get used to that. If other spriests are doing that and I can keep up with them, with the same overall luck on some fights, then this may help me do a little better.

Deleted
    Item Level 572
    Expectations: Looking for the best ways to improve my DPS so I don't stay miles behind
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A1r/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...djmD4M#fight=4

I have recently Rerolled over to Shadow due a mass of melee in my Guild, I am happy playing the spec and love it however I just have the feeling I am doing something wrong be it in rotation, talents or even doing something wrong as a ranged in general as it's my first ranged dps in HC Raids, hopefully someone can have a look over my logs and tell me what I am doing wrong and help me improve

Deleted
    Hello, I am not sure if this forum has a help area to post all logs etc (like the paladin one) but if so could I have this moved to the correct area.

Our guild has just started 25man heroic raiding, filling in the rest of the team with a few pugs etc. One of the pugs (the shadow priest) is applying to the guild as a raider. I was wondering if it is possible for a few people to go through the logs from out latest raid and give any suggestions or tips that will help us decide if they warrant a trial or how to improve their play in general. Unfortunately I haven't made enough posts to be allowed to post links so below will be directions to the correct areas:

Logs:
    Warcraft logs -> Quelm on Nagrand (EU) -> 03/09/2014

We also had a raid last week with this person if you wish to look at those logs as well.

Armoury:
    Obscurity - EU-Nagrand

Thanks in advance for the help.

His cloak is reforged into spirit and he has spirit pants embroidery which is strange. He should primarly gem exp/haste (or exp/mas, exp/crit) in red sockets instead of reforging into hit cap....

Also checking his Malkorok logs I don't understand how he's averaging 6 Insanity ticks per DP? That's really low. Not sure if he's even "clipping".
    Last edited by Overdispersion; 2014-09-06 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selffaw View Post
    Logs:
    Warcraft logs -> Quelm on Nagrand (EU) -> 03/09/2014

We also had a raid last week with this person if you wish to look at those logs as well.

Armoury:
    Obscurity - EU-Nagrand

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Movement
    - Should be casting Shadow Word: Pain on GCD while moving.
    - Needs to anticipate movement and plan accordingly.
    - Lost ~1minute worth of GCD

Snapshotting
    - Needs to work on snapshotting trinkets with SW:P, VT, DP, and insanity.

Spell Usage
    - Needs to cast Mind Blast on cooldown. Ideal downtime between Mindblast should be 9~10 seconds.
    - Snipe more Shadow Wordeath for more shadow orbs.
    - Needs to refresh MF: Insanity milliseconds before Devouring Plague falls off the target.