Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The point of explorable modes was to give PvE players a challenge that they can do even at max level so the content doesn't quickly become completely obsolete. With the downscaling of levels they need the level 35 dungeons to still be challenging for someone who is level 80 with level 80 gear and traits and skills. So if you can't complete it at level 40 with okay gear and half the available skills/traits, then perhaps try coming back later.

I hope guild wars takes some ideas from both WoW and TSW (the secret world) dungeons. WoW just because they were damn good at boss mechanics, and TSW because they were good at taking low level dungeons and making them epic for high level players. In both cases, combat mechanics are key.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow! That makes you one of the 2000 best players in WoW and if it is true that they even are too easy probably part of one of the 3 best guilds. This however might point to a problem that GW is gonna face.

Then again, maybe providing some high end content that very few can crack will build it into a legendary staus. Who knows?
    However, Arenanet has explicitly stated they do NOT want content like this. They want everyone to be able to do everything. Which is ironic because right now NO ONE can do so many things haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know why everybody is so keen on PvE that only a handful of elite can do. PvE in GW2 is specifically designed to be cooperative, not competitive. If you live by Attila the Hun's words, you should stick to WoW for PvE content.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    However, Arenanet has explicitly stated they do NOT want content like this. They want everyone to be able to do everything. Which is ironic because right now NO ONE can do so many things haha.
    It's also only the second week into the game. People are playing classes they are mostly unfamiliar with. To be completely fair, I've heard people say that there is nothing original about this game, but the truth is that everything here is new.

While spells might sound the same as every game out there, the ability to weapon/kit/stance swap to completely alter your abilities is a steep learning curve in terms of knowing your class. These classes are honestly not like things people are familiar with from WoW or any recent MMO. Just the fact that people have to hammer in their brains they can move while doing things, isntead of the stand in place and mash buttons then move for 2 seconds and stand in place and mash more buttons.

I'm not ready, with only a week playing, to claim anything in this game is too hard. I do get angry getting one shot by a boss ability that I had no warning (that I know of now) was coming or couldn't properly see because of a terrible camera and space limitations. I'm still not ready to ask for that to get easier.

Give this game at least a month for everyone to learn how to mesh with a group of diverse classes and you will see a significant improvement in how 'hard' the dungeons seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    To be completely fair, I've heard people say that there is nothing original about this game, but the truth is that everything here is new.
    Well, to be fair, those people are cynical to begin with, and are trying as hard as they can to find things wrong with the game, instead of just sitting back and enjoying the ride.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Just tied Arah, explorable mode 80 lvl dungeon. I can confirm difficulty lvl is beyond hard, its extreme masochistic and unpleasant. Single trash mob is able too wipe full party easy, you always fight at limits and run from graveyard all time. We kill 2 bosses, but it was 6 hours wipe fest. I don't want repeat it at all. Don't see how it this can be fun, only if you total idiot you can enjoy this unfair design. I played WoW since vanilla and this GW2 dungeons are MUCH harder then any heroic mode WoW ones. You will be feel like smashing head into wall.

I have strong feeling this is designed for purpose by Arenanet: if they can't make endgame pve content larger, they tunned dungeons into impossible state.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE and PvP are such broad terms, that I don't know how you can be confused. O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not being cryptic at all. PvE means nothing more than "Player vs Environment"

Fair enough...
    In case you still need a translation of what Drake was saying: Exclusivity isn't a necessity for PvE content, it's not a bad thing if more than just a small handful of players can actually complete content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough...
    Just gonna break it down for you (I'm assuming you actually want to know what you can do other then the high en pve?)

For starters explo modes essentially are the raids of this game (difficulty wise), they're hard and will push you to your limits, but if you don't like difficulty (don't blame you) then there's always Dynamic Events which aren't nearly as hard, but are still fairly difficult and are really epic, especially with the mega destroyer, tequatil the sunless, claw of jormag etc.

However if you're more of a pacifist or just not of the heroic save the world type, there always WvWvW where you are sieging castles, making temporary allies, backstabbing and all that good ole war tactics! Granted, a lot of it is PvP but all my friends who despise PvP to the point they wouldn't even do BGs in WoW let alone step foot into wintergrasp or arenas absolutely love it... Idk why, but they do lol.

There's also competitive PvP, as well as crafting, jumping puzzles, uncovering secrets of areas (me and larynx found the secrets of Mount Maelstrom) etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

You are supposed to avoid the boss grip, he lifts his weapong and it shines alittle before doing it.

Anyway, i do think this particular move he does is not visually outstanding enough, if you are bad positioned its very hard to see.

I didnt like the dungeons very much to be honest.