Thread: Cloth/Tailoring

Cloth/Tailoring

I'm only level 22 or so on my Tailoring, because I'm cloth starved. I have nowhere near the amount of Jute needed to get any levels, much less the 53 left before I move on to the next material. So, how do I farm Jute? Farming green and soft wood and copper/iron/silver was easy (for Artifice), but what is the best way to go about getting cloth? Do I just slaughter low level humanoids? Am I missing something?

Yes I am salvaging every piece of gear I pick up, but I often get leather or metal from them instead of cloth. Should I use lower level salvage kits to make sure I get lower level cloth?

Halp!
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-08-28 at 05:14 AM.

Tiny Saddle Bags have a pretty high rate of having Jute. If you have money, you can wait for the Trading Post to work, or you can buy cloth armor from a merchant and salvage it. You must have just recently started salvaging, because by that level, I had over a hundred jute scraps. Not much you can do at this point but grind saddle bags and salvage.

The type of cloth you get is mostly determined by the level and quality of the gear being salvaged, not so much the salvage kit itself.
    Last edited by Gisei; 2012-08-28 at 05:22 AM.

Ive been salvaging the whole game, I've just been getting like NO jute scraps. I have a ton of Wool that I can't use yet, Im just missing all sorts of Jute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vendor gear + salvage. gonna cost a bit, but in the grand scheme of things np

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a lvl25 tailor.... I've salvaged everything in the game, Ive caused GENOCODE to centaurs and looted their bags.... I've got so few crafting mats it isnt funny.

Jute I can almost accept, but What the Hell is with all the vials of weak blood and other monster piece drops. The drop rates on these are pitiful.

(Incedentally, lvl50 weponsmith... same problem)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Im a lvl25 tailor.... I've salvaged everything in the game, Ive caused GENOCODE to centaurs and looted their bags.... I've got so few crafting mats it isnt funny.

Jute I can almost accept, but What the Hell is with all the vials of weak blood and other monster piece drops. The drop rates on these are pitiful.

(Incedentally, lvl50 weponsmith... same problem)
    I'm a 150 Artifice and had enough vials and other reagents to get that up, and I kept some back for tailoring, im just so cloth starved. I did have to go farm wood/ore and I did that while 100%ing the Charr and Human starting zones, but if centaur genocide is the fastest way of getting cloth (I just spent a gold on a level 40 trait book after spending 50 silver on a staff, im sort of cash atm), im going to be rather frustrated. Maybe I'll pick up cooking jewelcrafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only did Queensdale, never did the other starter zones which I think is why I have to keep going back ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    My tailoring is currently at level 27. I do believe the cloth drops are frustratingly low. I have no issues finding ores or wood for gathering but cloth must be the hardest thing to get right now.

Like Cyphran said, centaur genocide seems to be the only way to go :\
    Last edited by Taranee; 2012-08-28 at 08:28 AM.

Taranee - lvl 90 Blood Elf Warlock - EU Dragonblight

Dear Centaurs,

I, Obdigore, Elementalist of little renown but great hoof-melting power, do hereby require a daily allottment of 100 small saddle bags to be delivered via mail service until I tell you otherwise. This is the only way you can save your people from my facemelting fire, my fleshwrenching cold, my skin blistering lightning, and my gentle healing rain. That last one is for me, not you.

Yours Truly,
    A Tailor in Need.

Deleted
    As a Leatherworker/Weaponsmith, I would also like to apologise to the hundreds of Spiders and Skales I've killed to collect their... parts, to create equipment for myself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Dear Centaurs,

I, Obdigore, Elementalist of little renown but great hoof-melting power, do hereby require a daily allottment of 100 small saddle bags to be delivered via mail service until I tell you otherwise. This is the only way you can save your people from my facemelting fire, my fleshwrenching cold, my skin blistering lightning, and my gentle healing rain. That last one is for me, not you.

Yours Truly,
    A Tailor in Need.
    Amazing.

Im considering the route of Tailor/Jeweler for my upper class cruel and cold human.

however im not sure about tailoring for him... remind me what the artificer does again?

Staffs/Tridents/Scepters/Focuses and a few Consumables that do other stuff.

That is all I've really done so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no, NO, NOO, NOOOO..

hehe sorry about that..

But you guys are missing out on something BIG and HUGE! You have to DISCOVER recipes for MASSIVE exp. Believe me! I too was copper/jute/wood starved (still am a bit because only recently someone told me about the exp discoveries give) but after I used my materials to discover new recipes I started to get a lot more exp. I got from 23 to 55 weaponsmithing with not so many materials.

You discover new items by going to the discovery tab. If you want to discover MANY items quickly. Create the items that say "this item is required to make ex: condition damage items" or something around those lines. Use those and the raw material required for an item (ex: bronze dagger blade and bronze dagger handle) + the item that decides what stat the dicovered item will have and you'll get like at least 40% of your level.

These are the kind of items I'm talking about: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Inscription

I know how to discover. That is what I did with Artifice. I don't have the cloth to make the normal materials like sandal bindings so that I can add that with the leather soles and THEN add the new stuff to make a discovery.

The amount of cloth ive found is nothing compared to the amount of wood and ore I've found, but it seems that tailoring requires just as much cloth as Artifice requires wood/ore.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-08-28 at 09:12 AM.