Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilereaver41 View Post
    the game isnt even launched yet and your saying it is overhyped?. how can anet overhype it if they delivered on all there features?. the gamming community no only those that werent famillar with gw1-gw2 those are the people that player warhammer and aion and wanted some hope including haters those are the ones that overhyped it. the game has delivered and exceeded expectations for many of us. that is pretty ignorant. reminds me of someone who wants to speak there mind and doesent want to listen to what others have to say if you are going to be like that why even post?.
    Ive been playing for months thank you ever since the first beta. Them delivering on features is personal opinion. And overhyping doesnt just mean that they didnt deliver it means a lot more than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ive been playing for months thank you ever since the first beta. Them delivering on features is personal opinion. And overhyping doesnt just mean that they didnt deliver it means a lot more than just that.
    you dont need to tell me i never said you didnt play since the first beta. people are saying if the game is overhyped or not the game isnt even launched yet we need a good few months or even half a year for things to be really calculated well gw2 allready seems to be getting more positive then negative feedback most of which will probably be fixed in future updates soon most likely. considering anet listens to players

Quote Originally Posted by Sebbah View Post
    Yes I've read about it and checked dozens of videos before. But hey, don't I have the right to check it out for myself or what?
    Obviously you have the right, but why are you posting and flaming the game here then if you knew from the beginning that it isn't at all what you want? Sure sounds like you're upset because GW2 isn't a WoW-type game.

Everyone that made videos about it said how cool it was and the ones that criticized it were bashed into oblivion, even threatened, cursed or mocked. That goes to show just how fanatic can some fanboys react to a negative review.
    As with every big MMO and their fanboy base lately?

What is wrong with you people. I said already I don't play WoW anymore. I DON'T PLAY IT. WoW it's not the only game out there that has progression gear or mount.
    I never said WoW. I said a WoW. That means a WoW-type game, with raids, gear grind etc etc.

What I said is that it's not gonna have a big hold people in the long run.
    And you know that how?
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-08-28 at 07:37 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much everything within the first 50 hours of the game.

The game is okay, but it is not impressive. The selling point here is that it's a different grind and you don't pay a monthly fee for it.

Honestly, I think that the worst thing about the game is that the story is not fulfilling at all and the grind is even more boring than Diablo III. Characters say stupid things, character pathing is 50 different shades of shite, you look like a level 1 turd until you get t1 cultural or craft equipment when this game is supposed to be "different from other MMOs", personal story is so corny that it's not even worth listening to what anyone has to say, quite a few personal story quests are extremely overtuned, etc.

Basically, it's something else to do with your time. And I can't speak for everyone else, but Mists of Pandaria is a month away. I have a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Pretty much everything within the first 50 hours of the game.

The game is okay, but it is not impressive. The selling point here is that it's a different grind and you don't pay a monthly fee for it.

Honestly, I think that the worst thing about the game is that the story is not fulfilling at all and the grind is even more boring than Diablo III. Characters say stupid things, character pathing is 50 different shades of shite, you look like a level 1 turd until you get t1 cultural or craft equipment when this game is supposed to be "different from other MMOs", personal story is so corny that it's not even worth listening to what anyone has to say, quite a few personal story quests are extremely overtuned, etc.

Basically, it's something else to do with your time. And I can't speak for everyone else, but Mists of Pandaria is a month away. I have a lot of time.
    let me translate for you buddy.

""bla bla bla this game be more boring then Diablo 3 which im bringing up because i want to troll. bla bla look like a turd when we start bla bla i love world of warcraft im posting hate comments about gw2 which arent even true because i love wow and i got nothing to do till mist's of panderia comes out id much rather play a panda"

lol thats about what everyone saw buddy

If you have nothing constructive to add, and are just going to insult someone else, you should probably refrain from posting. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-28 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say SWTOR had a smoother launch.

Let's hope this game has more longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I would say SWTOR had a smoother launch.

Let's hope this game has more longevity.
    Lol, SWTOR had an extremely bad launch. For six months.
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-08-28 at 08:17 AM.
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Well people will find things to complain about all the time. It´s just bound to happen. I´m sorry to speak like that but idiots are all over the world and you can´t escape them. Do like most of us and just enjoy the game and try not to read the forums

The logo of this game should be put in the dictionary right next to "overhype". Sure it wasn't the AN devs who overhyped it (unlike that retarded Ohlen from SWTOR that was giving those surreal interviews about how great SWTOR is), but there were hordes and hordes of arenadrones(?!?) spamming all the forums in the galaxy with stories about how great this game is and how fantastically on max settings it runs on their years old laptops and all kind of shit. Praising the "no holy trinity", even though it's nowhere near established as a viable alternative. Making lists of 5/10/20/3000 things why GW2 is "better" than any other game ever made.

It was horrible. I'm so grad it finally launched and maybe people will stop being retarded and start actually playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    let me translate for you buddy.
    No, I'm good. I don't need a 12 year old kid trying to put words in my mouth just because they are mad someone does not believe what they believe.

If you want to believe there is anything great about doing the same thing over and over and over again, that this game's story sequences are more than dogs bollocks, and that there is something that actually separates Guild Wars 2 from it's competitors besides running the most problematic and frustrating site anyone has ever visited - that is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

i love world of warcraft im posting hate comments about gw2 which arent even true
    But hey, yeah. You go GW2 fanboy, you tell me what's what. You've sure showed me, sinking to the level of the people you criticize so much.

I think you are pretty delusional if you think that you are not trolling right now.

I mean this launch has been smoother then any mmo in the past years there are a few bugs and such but what mmo doesent during pre launch/launch. im trying to think of some points that have been overhyped

1 - gw2 being the savior of all mmorpg players = its way to early to even think that game isnt out yet you cant say that it has happened and you cant say that it wont happen im sure most of us dont care as we want a good game to play and thats all.

honestly thats all i can come up with the wow killer thing never existed it wasnt gw2's purpose
    What makes you say that? Do you believe it was, or is it a scientific fact?

Rift had a near flawless launch. The Secret World had a flawless launch. That's already two MMO's that launched without any significant issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    It was largely unknown/unmentioned until a few months before launch. While there definitely was some hype in the month or two before launch, it was also entirely possible for people to miss it and be completely unaware. There were few if any online/tv advertisements and GW topics were generally confined to a handful of threads. As major MMO launches go, this was rather low key.
    GW2 attracted like a bazillion people at GamesCom 2010 (2 years ago) already, and I remember that the devs announced that they're making GW2 right after their last GW1 expansion, Eye of the North.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    What makes you say that? Do you believe it was, or is it a scientific fact?

Rift had a near flawless launch. The Secret World had a flawless launch. That's already two MMO's that launched without any significant issues.
    Rift started with 1.2m copies... how many of them logged in during pre-launch? And, sorry, what is "The Secret World"?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    If you want to believe there is anything great about doing the same thing over and over and over again, that this game's story sequences are more than dogs bollocks, and that there is something that actually separates Guild Wars 2 from it's competitors besides running the most problematic and frustrating site anyone has ever visited - that is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.
    Actually, that is your opinion. It's a fact that Guild Wars 2 is different than it's competitors.
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-08-28 at 09:08 AM.
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

10+ Year Old Account
    Most hyped MMO ever? Let's see here:

ToR had this commercial advertisement pre-launch:

Hype? Looks like it to me!!

And Rift had this pre-launch:

Note what it says at 0:25, obvious jab at Blizzard. Again, hype? Hell yea!

I have yet to see a commercial ad from Anet hyping it to this level. So don't sit there and tell me that GW2 is the most hyped MMo in years.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    GW2 attracted like a bazillion people at GamesCom 2010 (2 years ago) already, and I remember that the devs announced that they're making GW2 right after their last GW1 expansion, Eye of the North.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 09:01 AM ----------

Rift started with 1.2m copies... how many of them logged in during pre-launch? And, sorry, what is "The Secret World"?
    I'm sorry, is your lack of awareness on both counts, something that should somehow disprove my point? Because you know, it doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    WoW fanboys who have nothing better to do just said 'LOL THIS TRASH WON'T KILL WoW'.
    Random WoW haters said 'LOL THIS WILL KILL THAT TRASH WoW'.
    GW1 players were like 'SICK GW2!'.

And that's how it's gone.
    The only people who overhyped the game were WoW haters who want to cling to anything that may make them sound so cool because they are against WoW.
    Nothing noteworthy.
    This cat knows what's up.

Give it few months or more, NOT everyone will come back to wow or other games they enjoy playing it, Few comes, few go. >:I

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean this launch has been smoother then any mmo in the past years there are a few bugs and such but what mmo doesent during pre launch/launch.
    Rift was smoother, just wanted to get that out there.

im trying to think of some points that have been overhyped
    1 - gw2 being the savior of all mmorpg players = its way to early to even think that game isnt out yet you cant say that it has happened and you cant say that it wont happen im sure most of us dont care as we want a good game to play and thats all.

honestly thats all i can come up with the wow killer thing never existed it wasnt gw2's purpose

1 - GW2 isnt the savior because there simply cant be any. There has and never will be 1 MMO that caters to everybody and that everybody likes simply wont happen.
    The famous quote from bill cosby applies to that very well:

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

For me the game has been overhyped for now in two areas:

- Questing

Its okay but not revolutionary, neither are the world events. While i would love to say this is a new take on it, it really isnt.

- WvWvW

After getting just the tinyest bit of action going this morning.. im in two about it. It could be a lot of fun in the future.. now as guardian im just spamming one attack from range not doing much else. And dieing is not much fun if you need to run back for half an hour.

For the rest i have no clue how the dungeons are going to be and the level 80 zone. Time will tell that, hopefully the content once there is really good, though the fact their are no raids makes me a bit uneasy. But will see who knows maybe the PvE is as compelling and good as the PVP.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-08-28 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I'm sorry, is your lack of awareness on both counts, something that should somehow disprove my point? Because you know, it doesn't.
    Easy to say, but I disproved all of your arguments using multiple examples.

TOR was the most over hyped. Since it's conception it was almost fact that it would crush WoW in it's path.

Guild Wars 2 was hyped but there is reason for it to be. Fans of the franchise will be receiving a great game. It's not for me I played the Beta weekends but I can appreciate what it does for who its designed for. I just have to say the MMO bandwagoners will be disappointed and will make the "this game failed this game was overhyped threads". Not really true its just not for everyone. It's different from the traditional MMO in many ways and some will not understand how or why.