Deleted

Augmented Reality

So, what do you think?

Movie (it has about 8 min):
    http://player.vimeo.com/video/463042...amp;portrait=0

Article:
    http://mashable.com/2012/08/25/sight-augmented-reality/

A new film called Sight successfully tackles the subject of augmented reality, commenting on the potential impact of this rising technology.

In the short futuristic film by Eran May-raz and Daniel Lazo, we find out what it means to live in a virtual reality, where everything from the art hanging on the walls to the reactions of the date sitting across the table are displayed in a contact lens-like device for our own eyes only.

May-raz and Lazo created the film as a graduation project, while attending Bezaleal Academy of Arts in Jerusalem. The high production value of the short HD film displays a skillful restraint and flow often reserved for the silver screen.

We are introduced to protagonist Patrick, as he lies prone on the floor of his nearly barren apartment, playing a game only he can see. Next, we follow him into the kitchen, where he scores points for uniformly chopping cucumber slices in a virtual-reality version of Fruit Ninja.

The seven-minute film eventually shows us just how complicated virtual reality can get, as we watch Patrick struggle to relate to his date, Daphne, in the real world. We’re taken from a computer-enhanced environment of convenience to more complicated and murkier reality, showing us what it might be like if apps and cellphones weren’t just handheld devices, but embedded into our minds, bodies and culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Well, a virtual reality, technically, is pretty much identical to this one. There is even a chance that the whole universe is just a hologram (i'm not joking). I'd say, though, that virtual realities aren't a good idea because if you're going to go so far as to be in them a bit, you might base your whole life around them (which i would call a bad thing since it wouldn't be the world that spawned us, a world we have to keep on exploring, a world that isn't made the way we want it, our reality, and not a made up one).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Well, a virtual reality, technically, is pretty much identical to this one. There is even a chance that the whole universe is just a hologram (i'm not joking). I'd say, though, that virtual realities aren't a good idea because if you're going to go so far as to be in them a bit, you might base your whole life around them (which i would call a bad thing since it wouldn't be the world that spawned us, a world we have to keep on exploring, a world that isn't made the way we want it, our reality, and not a made up one).
    Correct, not sure if we are in one now, but we might end up being in one one day.

Also, I bet the creators would just fill it with commercials.