Deleted

PvE Elemental + Stat priorities.

Hey, after being directed to the Icy Veins site for an update for MoP and the patch tomorrow, i was just curious and after some clarifications if this is actually right.

http://www.icy-veins.com/elemental-s...rity-reforging

In particular, this:
    The stat priority for an Elemental Shaman is:

Intellect;
    Hit Rating or Spirit (until the 15% hit cap);
    Mastery Rating;
    Critical Strike Rating and Haste Rating.

What exactly has changed to give haste rating "roughly the same value" as crit, and does anyone know any caps we'll need to reforge for, for haste, crit, and mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Windech View Post
    What exactly has changed to give haste rating "roughly the same value" as crit
    one reason could be we no longer have Feedback talent (elemental mastery CD reduction with LB and CL), but there could be more

Quote Originally Posted by Windech View Post
    Hey, after being directed to the Icy Veins site for an update for MoP and the patch tomorrow, i was just curious and after some clarifications if this is actually right.

http://www.icy-veins.com/elemental-s...rity-reforging

In particular, this:
    The stat priority for an Elemental Shaman is:

Intellect;
    Hit Rating or Spirit (until the 15% hit cap);
    Mastery Rating;
    Critical Strike Rating and Haste Rating.

What exactly has changed to give haste rating "roughly the same value" as crit, and does anyone know any caps we'll need to reforge for, for haste, crit, and mastery.
    Unless something major has changed, I don't think crit should even be in the conversation of stat priorities. As far as I'm aware, all we get is Clearcasting on a crit, and since LvB still auto crits (and is now an instant cast of a Lava Surge Proc), Clearcasting should have a higher uptime than before, making Crit lower stat priority than in Cata.

As far as Mastery vs Haste, if I'm not mistaken, the two have actually been fairly close in stat value, with haste having a slight lead, the entirety of the expansion. Mastery probably has a higher value IF you take EotE since mastery can proc an echo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
    Unless something major has changed, I don't think crit should even be in the conversation of stat priorities.
    Something major DID change.

Crit damage was significantly buffed for Elemental. All crits do 250% damage, instead of 200%. That's basically the majority of the reason for the stat priority shift.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haste has also lost some value now that Lava Surge causes Lava Burst to be an instant cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Something major DID change.

Crit damage was significantly buffed for Elemental. All crits do 250% damage, instead of 200%. That's basically the majority of the reason for the stat priority shift.
    Oh yeah, thanks Endus. That completely slipped my mind. But is it really now on par with haste or just not entirely worthless anymore? It still doesn't effect LvB like Mastery and haste (proc-less of course). I usually wait till the math nuts work out the numbers....

Edit: Although, thinking about it more, I broke it down in my head to this:

Lightning Bolt - Mastery, Haste, Crit
    Fulmination/ES - Crit
    Lava Burst - Mastery, Haste (though minor)
    Flame Shock - Haste, Crit
    Chain Lightning - Haste, Mastery, Crit

So yeah, I can see It being Mastery > Crit >= Haste now, specifically due to our other big-hitter in Fulmination. I was thinking too narrow before.
    Last edited by tobiashunter; 2012-08-28 at 04:40 PM.

well with the changes haste has lost more value than it has gained.

we no longer get a shorter EM CD from casting lightning bolts or CL.

and also because lava burst is now instant off a proc.

so i would imagine with those 2 things in mind, mastery beats out haste, and because now crit is more valuable, crit has caught up to haste, but like tobias said, we will know more the coming weeks of this patch and mists launch until we know for sure.

Deleted
    Well in my sims, it's still haste > mastery > crit. So i think it's still really close.

I'll go for mastery > crit > haste though.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    well with the changes haste has lost more value than it has gained.

we no longer get a shorter EM CD from casting lightning bolts or CL.

and also because lava burst is now instant off a proc.

so i would imagine with those 2 things in mind, mastery beats out haste, and because now crit is more valuable, crit has caught up to haste, but like tobias said, we will know more the coming weeks of this patch and mists launch until we know for sure.
    Haste still reduces the GCD so instant proccs won't really devalue haste. Even fulmination scales with haste because it reduces the GCD and additional haste also let's you stack fulmination faster.

The one point surely true is the scaling with EM. It's simply gone and the new EM is a lot weaker. Also if there's a haste procc trinket, we have too much haste so it's desirable to minimize haste.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2012-08-28 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well in my sims, it's still haste > mastery > crit. So i think it's still really close.

I'll go for mastery > crit > haste though.
    unless the sim is a very high value of change, your stat priorities can shift dramatically with every reforge on simcraft.

I wouldn't rely on sites like Icy Veins or Noxxic for accurate guide information.

In T13H gear it's Haste > Mastery = Crit, roughly speaking (or Mastery > Haste = Crit depending on how geared you are). The key thing is that it's no longer possible to completely neglect Crit in favour of other stats, and the biggest reason for this is that your Elemental pets scale much better with Crit than Haste, and aren't affected at all by Mastery.

If you want more accurate stat weights, you'll need to run SimulationCraft, probably with Crit/Haste/Mastery plots, in order to find out more.
    Last edited by binkenstein; 2012-08-28 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The need for haste was reduced and the buff to our crits brings up the stat. I think the Icy Veins guide is pretty close but it will come down to how the numbers work for live and go from there.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IGotStanima View Post
    unless the sim is a very high value of change, your stat priorities can shift dramatically with every reforge on simcraft.
    I still think ppl put to much credit to a sim id prefer to wait and see and work with the real stats you see not stuff that can be very inaccurate on current bosses.