Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    we also are 2healing him (rshaman and hpala/disc priest) and 1 druid tank. since 5.0.4 our paladin is going oom really fast but we still manage to kill the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Not sure it's going to help you much if you only kill it 45 secs before enrage. We 2 tank 3 heal it and have more time left than that.

The major difference if you 2 heal it is you keep blood lust for the final platform when you burn DW after 10% bloods.
    We've saved BL for that part even on our first kills(granted, that was with 30% because we took a break because people were being shit when we reached it at 15%). We've done 2 tanks/2 healers, 1 tank/3 healers and 1 tank/2 healers(with me as boomkin offhealing when no damage was needed).

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I'm not sure that looking at how it was done previously will be all that helpful, as we're getting all the pre-MoP changes and many classes are changing quite a bit. There isn't a reason that I can think of where you'd want to do the platforms in another order. Other than that, I think you might just have to see how it goes with 2 healers. Not only will dropping a healer for a dps speed things up I believe that most classes overall are doing more damage at 85 with the pre-MoP stuff than they were before, so you'll probably have a decent jump up in dps. I just don't know how healing will look - mana pools were nerfed a lot, but regen will be higher and I have no idea how that will come into play on a long fight like DW.
    To be honest more DPS just gives more problems now. We have to do nothing until the Corruption spawns on yellow/red, because otherwise we'd get Blistering Tentacles at an awkward time.

If you're killing it with 3 healers without major issues, just stay with that to be honest. Your DPS will get bored if you use less healers and more DPS, because there's times in the fight where they have to stop doing their job. And more importantly: if you kill platforms really quickly, it messes up everybodys CDs(for example I can use my 3min CDs on first Corruption, 2nd Arm, almost waste on 3rd Arm, 4th Arm and then I can't use it for anything worthwhile in P2, really). Unless your tank is a protection paladin, he might have major issues not getting crushed by Impale(Shield of the Righteous is completely balanced) as well.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2012-09-11 at 06:31 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    our first kill with only 5% nerf, was with 1 tank and 2 healers, to max dps, and lower the phases of damage.

setup was:
    1 druid tank,
    2 healers disc + resto shaman
    7 dps 1 ret pal, 2 mage, 1 shadow priest, 1 hunter, 1 warrior, 1 boomkin.

after we switched to this setup, we had no problems, we did progress with 3 healers and 2 tanks, but dps was way to low.

Deleted
    We switched from 2 to 3 healers after 5.0.4 due to dps being to fast, because you get all the same incomming dmg as previously only now you have less time to heal it up, less time to heal it and not unlimited mana. The 3rd healer is usually a disc that just go smite/hf spam till needed (usually 3rd/4th platform) and assist with mind sear on bloods. The disc priest can do like 30k dps np.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-09-11 at 10:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    To be honest more DPS just gives more problems now. We have to do nothing until the Corruption spawns on yellow/red, because otherwise we'd get Blistering Tentacles at an awkward time.

If you're killing it with 3 healers without major issues, just stay with that to be honest. Your DPS will get bored if you use less healers and more DPS, because there's times in the fight where they have to stop doing their job. And more importantly: if you kill platforms really quickly, it messes up everybodys CDs(for example I can use my 3min CDs on first Corruption, 2nd Arm, almost waste on 3rd Arm, 4th Arm and then I can't use it for anything worthwhile in P2, really). Unless your tank is a protection paladin, he might have major issues not getting crushed by Impale(Shield of the Righteous is completely balanced) as well.
    If you're trying to progress, 2 healing and more dps may be a problem if your dps is too good, but if they aren't as good you may need the help.

If you have it on farm though, more dps doesn't hurt anything. We just blow everything up as quick as we can, and it doesn't matter that we get blisterings while the 2nd debuff is out, or while the bolt is hitting on the 4th platform. Our healers just healed through all of it. When you dps does matter in P2, but having one more or less dps doesn't really change when you dps in that phase, except possibly allowing you to push 2 sets of bloods in between the other adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Holy Pala + disc Priest is great for 2 healing : )
    Atleast, that's how we do it.
    I would agree. You have the AM for every platform and the outside cds for the impales. You also have barrier for the last platform(Not that it matters as much now, but yeah)

we've started to 2 heal the entire raid on heroic in both alt runs (including H Spine) one group does Pally/Druid the other was H priest/shaman for 7/8H then we had to swap around due to people not showing up and did H madness with shaman/druid this last week.
    with the massive nerfs is really not all that difficult. each group was completely thrown together in the attempt to get most of our raiders the heroic mount (our main run is a 25man) the priest started the raid at a 394 ilvl. one dps had only hit 85 that week, and in another run our OT swapped specs but forgot to swap gear and we still 1 shotted it.
    what matters most is you know the mechanics and how to play your class. if you've done this before your group should have no issues at all 2 healing this.

Deleted
    friends guild solod healed it >< no clue it was possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Since our first H Madness kill, we've been running Resto Shaman + Disc Priest. Our shaman does kinda carry our disc healer, though . On every encounter.
    Assuming you're not dragging folks that really shouldn't be running heroic raids, you should be fine and yeah, our platform order is the same.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

We have always 1- tank, 2 healed it. It is definitely not a healing intensive fight any more if it ever was. Holy priest, resto druid was our first combo. We have used a holy pally and druid as well. As long as they know the fight and use cds when needed is fine.

Just last week my guild killed Heroic Madness with just two healers for the first time. We had two resto Shammies in the group. There were literally no issues with healing. In fact, all of our issues came with TOO much DPS, as we were pushing Deathwing too fast in Phase 2 and getting too many bloods at inconvenient times.

So I would say it's definitely doable, and any problems you would have from dropping a healer are only reduced by the fact that an extra DPS will push those phases along faster. It's why most hardcore guilds progress through heroics with only 2 healers straight from the get-go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Just last week my guild killed Heroic Madness with just two healers for the first time. We had two resto Shammies in the group. There were literally no issues with healing. In fact, all of our issues came with TOO much DPS, as we were pushing Deathwing too fast in Phase 2 and getting too many bloods at inconvenient times.

So I would say it's definitely doable, and any problems you would have from dropping a healer are only reduced by the fact that an extra DPS will push those phases along faster. It's why most hardcore guilds progress through heroics with only 2 healers straight from the get-go.
    My guild just waits.

We wait for the corruption to die on 3rd/4th platform before we push the arm below 70, we wait for the bolt to hit before we push blisters on platform 4, we wait for the first monstrosities to die on the final platform before we push the first set of bloods, then wait for the second monstrosities before pushing the 10 and 5% bloods.

A whole lot of waiting, none of which is really necessary, but simply a safety thing. We've survived pushing everything mentioned above at a bad time, so it's doable to not wait.

We still beat the enrage by ~3 minutes, even whilst selling the mount (carrying someone who's not doing anything)
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-09-11 at 10:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

2 heal 1 tank and maybe throttle ur dps so u dont bleed healers dry with tenticles + bloods or push bloods before ur ready in p2

We've been 1 tanking it and 2 healing it ever since 20% buff.

Tank: Blood DK
    Healers: Rshammy + Disc