Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I was told that expertise is also spell hit for classes.

If that's the case getting spell hit cap for rogues, shamans, and who ever els uses spells might just mean capping hit/expertise

And the night elf racial was changed because the formula for boss attacks was changed. If Quickness was unchanged, part of the new +hit would negate some of the miss, resulting in it being much less than the 2% it was balanced around. That plus the fact that hunters are dodgeable now probably let them change it back to dodge. The only lame part will be that you won't be able to use it from behind, while stunned, etc.

It was never announced, the people who were telling me this was the mechanic were wrong and misinformed.

Please edit your original post so as to not confuse the other rogues.

Deleted
    "Expertise will negate dodge and spell miss, then parry."

This means that if you want to be capped against dodge AND parry against a caster, you will need a total of 6% expertise.

Would link source if I could but simply google "Dev Watercooler – Mists of Pandaria Stat Changes" and pick the one at the top.
    Last edited by mmoc555dd81a5b; 2013-05-01 at 12:37 AM. Reason: stoopid

Quote Originally Posted by Carismo View Post
    "Expertise will negate dodge and spell miss, then parry."

This means that if you want to be capped against dodge AND parry against a caster, you will need a total of 6% expertise.

Would link source if I could but simply google "Dev Watercooler – Mists of Pandaria Stat Changes" and pick the one at the top.
    why did you post in a thread that was six months old?

Please just report necro'd threads and move on. Thanks! -Mugajak
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-05-01 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to close this as the thread is from August.

To clarify, in case anyone is confused, expertise turned out to work as follows: reduces chance to be dodged and parried, as well as increasing spell hit chance. For rogues, only chance to be dodged/parried matter - if you're trying to cap, you need to have an expertise % equal to your opponents dodge and/or parry.