Page 1 of 3
LastLast

28th of August, the day we went from being the hunted to being the HUNTER!

This is the day we have been waiting for the past 8 years! The day we became the hunter, and stopped being the hunted!
    This must be the single most significant QoL change for our class since... forever! No more constantly trying to run away from anything with a pulse like a coward, if people chose to be up in our face they certainly will feel havoc raining upon their sorry little ass! And not just the gentle touch of a terrible melee weapon with the hunter desperately trying to keep distance.

GOODBYE MINIMUM RANGE, YOU WONT BE MISSED!

I will have a smile upon my lips for weeks, months or perhaps years! What about the rest of you, can you think of any change in our 8 year history that have made you this happy about the class?
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-08-28 at 02:09 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Singel greatest change for hunters ever indeed!
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Yeah, I can think of one change. During TBC when our minimum range was decreased from 8 yards to 5 yards.

Having the actual deadzone, where we literally couldn't do ANYTHING... That was painful. So yeah, I was happy then and I'm very happy now.

In terms of logic this is a really bad change.
    Standing face to face and still using the bow is quite dumd, NOONE with a brain would do that. But well seems this is rather the day where you evolve from a Hunter to the haunted...

Some people are in for a big disappointment. Zumio, who kills everyone 1v1 on live, said in a comment to his video that he has trouble killing almost all classes on beta. Hybrid dps specs are the worst- they have 5x more self-healing than we do.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-08-28 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Some people are in for a big disappointment. Zumio, who kills everyone 1v1 on live, said in a comment to his video that he has trouble killing almost all classes on beta. Hybrid dps specs are the worst- they have 5x more self-healing than we do.
    You mean "any classes", I guess? Cuz having trouble killing all classes is actually quite normal -_-. That applies to everyone.

Some people are in for a big disappointment. Zumio, who kills everyone 1v1 on live, said in a comment to his video that he has trouble killing almost all classes on beta.
    you would think this, and then you would be wrong, I play a hunter as my main and rarely ever step into anything pvp related, I can see some in pvp may have other feelings about the topic but for PVE hunters , this change can do no wrong.
    Last edited by Spidermike; 2012-08-28 at 02:11 PM.

I think that people will still try to hug hunters, for the simple fact that its easier to get behind them at close range and they cannot damage you while you are behind them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    I think that people will still try to hug hunters, for the simple fact that its easier to get behind them at close range and they cannot damage you while you are behind them.
    LOL frost trap
    LOL disengage
    LOL ice trap
    LOL scatter shot
    LOL pet snare
    LOL concussive shot
    LOL deturrence
    then LOL readiness lets start agian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    I love the fact that the minimum range for hunters will be removed.

This morning I was playing Alterac Valley, trying to defend a tower. I walk up the stairs to reach the tiny flagroom when a rogue appears. I cast my spider's Web ability so he's rooted, but I have to take some distance before I can do any damage (while making sure I don't fall down). The rogue and me start dancing around until the timer runs out and the tower is destroyed by the opposing faction.

To avoid these situations, hunters need to get stronger melee abilities or... the minimum range has to go.
    Last edited by mmoc911635af16; 2012-08-28 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Typo

one step forward...... two steps back

this change is great and all but there's other glaring problems with hunters that blizzard have just introduced with this.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1984BE View Post
    I love the fact that the minimum range for hunters will be removed.

This morning I was playing Alterac Valley, trying to defend a tower. I walk up the stairs to reach the tiny flagroom when a rogue appears. I cast my spider's Web ability so he's rooted, but I have to take some distance before I can do any damage (while making sure I don't fall down). The rogue and me start dancing around until the timer runs out and the tower is destroyed by the opposing faction.

To avoid these situations, hunters need to get stronger melee abilities or... the minimum range has to go.
    Or someone else on the team with a class which is more suited to fighting in those small areas should have done the job you were trying to do. It is a team game after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    This is the day we have been waiting for the past 8 years! The day we became the hunter, and stopped being the hunted!
    This must be the single most significant QoL change for our class since... forever! No more constantly trying to run away from anything with a pulse like a coward, if people chose to be up in our face they certainly will feel havoc raining upon their sorry little ass! And not just the gentle touch of a terrible melee weapon with the hunter desperately trying to keep distance.

GOODBYE MINIMUM RANGE, YOU WONT BE MISSED!

I will have a smile upon my lips for weeks, months or perhaps years! What about the rest of you, can you think of any change in our 8 year history that have made you this happy about the class?
    =D

I also like the placement of bows, guns, and crossbows on our back.

Minimum range being gone is great -- and I'mma let you finish but...Explosive shot snowball effect all the way!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JW1984BE View Post

then again beating a rogue while in melee range the whole fight would also be bad.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't take me wrong.. i'm not trying to troll nor anything.. but I think it was fine... Hunter is about kitting.. much more fun runing away and using your calss mechanics than stand still nuking.

I mean.. you'll still have to run away... if you let them close, you are dead.

I think its going to be a learning curve for melee to fight us again. and classes that like to get in that dz and cast (mages.) should be a good time

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Standing face to face and still using the bow is quite dumd, NOONE with a brain would do that.
    Guns work at point blank

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Standing face to face and still using the bow is quite dumd, NOONE with a brain would do that. But well seems this is rather the day where you evolve from a Hunter to the haunted...
    In terms of logic, nobody fights elves and werewolves in lumber mills.

I'm not sure I like that change. It just makes the class dumber. I liked the fact that you couldn't get kicked or silenced on your dps but people could manage to hug you and thus there was a way to stop your damage. Now there's just no way except by hugging pillars which is literally the most annoying thing in arena.