Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was just typing to say that I just hit the 1 hour mark at 0% and it just changed to 1%. This could be a long day lol.

Hanging up on 0% is not a problem, no. It's deleting and going over a bunch of large files. Give it time. On the updating tools, give that a bit of time too. It will go from 0 to 1 and 2-3 percent very slowly then zip through to the end fast.

For me it was the box that comes up beforehand (small white box that updates some stuff getting hung up). Doing what I posted above fixed that.
    Last edited by Nish77; 2012-08-28 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    failed to run a required program (agent) what I'm suppose to do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Someone just suggested to try running the game itself and then exiting, and then trying again with the launcher. Run the actual WoW.exe, not the launcher.
    ^^^This worked for me. I was stuck on 80% updating tools. Im an idiot for not trying this since ive had problems in the past with the launcher and had to use wow.exe to play. Anyhow, a progress bar went 25% of the way then Windows firewall gave me a prompt. All of that time waiting...Im such a derp lol

I dont know if this will affect things or not (im not that savy) but i did got into task manager to close any Blizz launchers running even after i had closed them.
    Last edited by Misswhipper; 2012-08-28 at 03:15 PM. Reason: I forgot to add

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    failed to run a required program (agent) what I'm suppose to do now?
    Check my post above that details how to turn on secondary login. Also, you may need to delete the folders in programdata>battle.net folder
    Last edited by Nish77; 2012-08-28 at 03:15 PM.

I too was stuck at 0%. I tried deleting my WTF folder, but of course I made a copy of it.

After starting, and closing the launcher multiple times, it finally went to 1%. I'll post updates.. maybe.. >.>

Still having the failed to download required install files. And no idea how to fix it. i see that it was an issue for the MoP beta but i didn't play the beta lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShammyWoWLoL View Post
    Also experiencing this same issue. Disabled anti-virus software. Task manager closed just about everything, and yet I still get this issue. Running as Admin ect..no help.

Also removed all 64bit files, restarted PC completely, STILL NO HELP.

Update: Calling Technical Support to see if they have any suggestions. Will update when done.
    any updates shammy?

Quote Originally Posted by nish77 View Post
    control panel>administrative tools>services>secondary logon>properties: Change from disabled to automatic

this worked. Do this.

my secondary logon is already set to automatic

Okay, UPDATE TIME!

So, as I said in my last post..

"I too was stuck at 0%. I tried deleting my WTF folder, but of course I made a copy of it.

After starting, and closing the launcher multiple times, it finally went to 1%. I'll post updates.. maybe.. >.>"

It updated to 2%. About five minutes rolled by, and it jumped to 6%. When I looked away for a second, it was gone, and I am now downloading the patch. Looks to be 6.54GB atm.

Hope this helps!

I had to put the launcher link in compatibility mode, then it all went fine
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    Control Panel>Administrative tools>Services>Secondary Logon>properties: change from disabled to automatic
    Posting for others that may have a similar issue:

My update was stuck on an "Updating Setup Files" screen. Enabling Secondary Logon seemed to allow the update to continue. Thanks for that suggestion!

I had the "Failed to launch the binary launch path at "C:/ProgramData/Battle.net/Client/Blizzard Launcher.exe"." error in ProgramData/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/AgentErrors-#-#.log.

Failed to read a required file. I can't even get past that, I've done every single thing in this thread and NOTHING works.

After an hour of looking at tons of pages, with nothing working, this worked!

Thank you Nish

Just an update - the patch installed, I clicked on play and got the cinematic, so I think I'm good to go when servers come back up. Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by eggles View Post
    any updates shammy?

Yea, nothing really. Spent over an hour on the phone with a nice guy. Sadly doing everything such as the secondary login/deleting the battle.net folder, double checking for 64bit files. Running as admin, restarting PC, going into Safe Mode /w Networking has done absolutely nothing.

The guy suggested I do some weird thing with my registry, and send the ma ticket with some information. I felt like this is way too much, I don't know why they would release this Agent.exe crap if it's gonna cause so many problems. If it ain't broken don't fix it. The old launcher/patcher was fine.

Edit: Flipped a bloody table, I'm re installing the game completely.
    Last edited by ShammyWoWLoL; 2012-08-28 at 03:54 PM.
    youtube.com/ShammyWoWLoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Hanging up on 0% is not an issue correct? Gonna check it in 15 more min.
    Hanging at 0% is going to happen sometimes, up to 10 - 15 minutes.

can't wait to see the flood of this problem on blizz's technical forums once they're back up

For the failed to read a required file.

Go to run: Type in %programdata% hit enter.

Go to services then battle.net and delete the three folders in it.

Try running it again.
    Last edited by Nish77; 2012-08-28 at 03:52 PM.