Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it mildly amusing folks getting their knickers in a twist over a launch event, we have no real idea what Blizz have in mind. And if it is a so so one, I say so what there is more to the game really than just an event. TBC event never saw it toon was too low a level, Wotlk event was annoying with the zombie griefing from players, Cata event was ok bout the only good part was Operation Gnomer.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-08-28 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    TBC - tabard
    WoTLK - bag item to make 'ghost' figure follow you
    cata - ...
    MoP - ??
    in cata you had that reclaiming Echo Isles and operation gnomeragen, and we get items that change you to troll ( was playing horde back then). So get your fact straight.

This isnt a pre event , just a preview of something that will bore me out after max 2 days.

The weirdest thing is going to be going to Theramore after this, especially when levelling.

Southern Barrens: "Man, Deathwing just tore the land apart! That's the most interesting thing since the first Chuck Norris Joke!"
    Dustwallow Marsh: "HOLY CRAP. Garrosh just BLEW US UP!"
    Thousand Needles: "Man, Deathwing just flooded the entire zone." "...What about that huge bomb?" "What bomb?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    Pre-BC gave us a tabard.
    This event rewards a tabard.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    From a whole world zombie invasion event, to a padded pre-cata city-only event with portal exits everywhere and no risk of death, to a 3-man scenario. Woop!

Deleted
    Very lame...

I don't understand the point of scenarios. Why not just take dungeons and tune them so you don't need a tank or healer. They're the exact same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So no real world event for the xpac.... is this a sign of things to come in MoP? This expansion seems worse and worse all the time.

I do like how Theramore in the world will be affected by the Scenario, but I'm not sure I like it being available at 90 as well, I guess it'll depend on how fun it is, but nothing unique just for the pre-MoP event is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    So no real world event for the xpac.... is this a sign of things to come in MoP? This expansion seems worse and worse all the time.
    Why would there be a whole world event for something that doesn't affect the world? The Battle for Theramore is the starting point for the new faction war that is supposed to start heating up in MoP so it makes sense that there is only one event. Of course, that makes too much sense so everybody please carry on with your idiotic complaints.
    Last edited by Marema; 2012-08-28 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    it's another "we are busy doing MoP, don't have time for anything else" excuse they are making for few years now.

There's a lot of hate going on here. Let's break some of these down:

"You can do it again at 90!"
    Good! One thing I've been bummed about for a while is the removal of the post-Wrathgate sacking of Undercity. It was a cool event, gave us a bit of character development for Jaina (that is especially important for this event), and removing it eliminated a chunk of story.

"This is all they're doing!"
    Funny, I don't think this event has been on the PTR or beta realms. We only know the barest outline so far - "Garrosh destroys Theramore; Jaina distraught; More at 11." And if they're building better event infrastructure with scenarios? I'll take it! We've seen that dungeons can consist of multiple world zones (Dragon Soul is in Dragonblight, the Maelstrom, a boat above the sea, and the Eye of Eternity). What's to say the scenario can't be as well? A (hopefully skippable) event in the capital talking to faction leaders? Always possible. Additional skirmishes in other locations? Also possible. We don't know jack yet.

"Where are the cool items?"
    I don't know. We'll find out on... September 18th! I'm willing to bet Blizzard isn't playing their whole hand.

"I want a special item to show I participated that you can't get later!"
    Cool. I hope no one has other commitments during that one week. If work picks up for me, I might lose out. Now, I mean, I'd be OK if it took more work later to get the rewards, but you don't need a gold star for perfect attendance.

"This is just a preview of a dungeon we'll get at 90!"
    No, this is the initial launch of an event that we'll still be able to access later (again, in case real life exists). This is not a war crime - those are Garrosh's territory.

"Blizzard is trolling us with a comment about friends!"
    No. They're making a joke. I'm sure, if you want, we can have Activision or EA step in and give us wholly sanitized comments without any personality whatsoever. Here, I'll show you: "New feature: You can queue for this event with up to three people, and if you queue with less, you'll be matched with other players." That was better, right?

I'm not arguing that this event is better than others, or worse, or anything. I just get annoyed when people complain about things that they don't know about yet. If the event really is completely boring and pointless? BY ALL MEANS, let's discuss that. On September 19th (after at least a day to digest it)! The argument that the amount of content Blizzard is producing is a valid one at some level - but by the same token, things like significantly higher res art take much more time. Voice acting takes longer than writing speech bubbles. Interactive events require all new systems development.

Please, just take a deep breath - and let's see what they come up with.
    Last edited by itomeshi; 2012-08-28 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    I hope that's not the whole world event....
    It is.

And frankly I find it more interesting than the elemental crap that we had pre-Cataclysm (Though the retaking of Gnomeregan/Echo Isles was cool).
    Signature in progress...

This is a very sad day. They are killing wow. no world event rethink if i will buy it.

Nobody has a clue what this event will do or how long it will take but please carry on with the whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    This is a very sad day. They are killing wow. no world event rethink if i will buy it.
    Killing Demons in front of a portal was fun? For a tabard?

Tons of people complained about the griefing during the zombie invasion event.

People complained about the inconvenience of the Cataclysm event and rehashed bosses, and the impossibility of completing it on a low-population server.

A shame they killed WoW three times, wasn't it?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Shocked they are giving us such little time to do this.

I really do hope that this isn't the "World Event" that we all know and love. If so.... ugh that is horrible...

Just remember if they do something like the zombie invasion then people will QQ about that.