Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    That conclusion is not substantiated by the sims he has run so far, precisely because he hasn't incorporated shield barrier usage into them yet. He's looking for feedback from warriors as to how to best model shield barrier usage, but trying to make claims like "hit and expertise are gutter stats" from his incomplete simulation is putting words in his mouth.
    Perhaps. But one thing he shouldn't neglect is that in order to Hit and Expertise soft cap, you only need 5100 ratings. This is roughly equal to 5.76% avoidance (before DR).

Meaning if you ignore most of your threat stats you'll be getting in the best case scenario some ~5% more avoidance.
    Does this small avoidance increase (meaning absolutely NOT reliable) really justify one to go ahead and ignore Hit&Exp, and lose most of the control he'll be having over his Rage generation? This is what bothers me most.

Not to mention the SBar issue, which simply makes the whole '' Mast=Parry=Dodge >>> Hit&Exp '' priority simply not viable as a baseline optimization.

anyone who has done challenge modes in beta , can you give your insight on how useful a warrior tank would be

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not want to look like i am QQing - but i am: Warriors look so much better than Paladins for tanking in MOP.

And this thread is awesome GJ.

Deleted
    I personally love how they have changed warrior in MoP, with the exception of losing the ability to weave in HS on every global but that's a minor point.
    You can control the damage you take so much more easily now with shield barrier, it honestly feels more like playing my DK now
    I tried my paladin for the first time the other day, I have to say the damage isn't quite up there with warrior and imo does feel a bit *clunky* to play, for fights with controlled burst needed though I'm pretty sure paladin will be very close to, if not topping the meters due to Holy Avenger

Theck incorporated Sbar, reults are posted on TS. It is now in agreements with Airs/Tengs numbers. Long story short, we are looking at mastery stacking with hit/exp on the bottom. Caps are not needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    That conclusion is not substantiated by the sims he has run so far, precisely because he hasn't incorporated shield barrier usage into them yet. He's looking for feedback from warriors as to how to best model shield barrier usage, but trying to make claims like "hit and expertise are gutter stats" from his incomplete simulation is putting words in his mouth.
    He's now simulated Shield Barrier and the results are over at TankSpot. Feel free to read them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got question about block. Right now tooltip in warcraft say that it stops 30% of incoming damage. So casual player like me think it's any kind of damage, isn't it ? If it is only physical damage shouldn't tooltip says "stops 30% of incoming physical damage" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Got question about block. Right now tooltip in warcraft say that it stops 30% of incoming damage. So casual player like me think it's any kind of damage, isn't it ? If it is only physical damage shouldn't tooltip says "stops 30% of incoming physical damage" ?
    Even that isn't guaranteed, thinking of Dragon Soul with Impale, Focused Assault, etc.

But, yes, the tooltip should state "physical damage".

Deleted
    Updates brought to the Stat priority section (including a ''baseline'' priority).

P1 Mastery > Hit = Expertise > Parry* > Dodge*
    My original method of gearing, which I'll be using until I need to stack more stamina (very well could be never). Off to buy more gems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    Theck incorporated Sbar, reults are posted on TS. It is now in agreements with Airs/Tengs numbers. Long story short, we are looking at mastery stacking with hit/exp on the bottom. Caps are not needed.
    I dont know how to google :x
    Link ?

Its about half the value of Eternal. You will never have so little mastery to make it worthwile.

@Santa http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ums-Protection

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    I keep mentioning the Fleet Primal Diamond as a meta option - is there any reason it's not on the list yet?
    I've thought about adding it Thyl, but the amount of Mastery it provides isn't that much when you compare it to either +2% Armour+~1% Health, or +1% Block value+~0.5% Dodge.

With Fleet you get exactly 1.58% Mastery+0.36%block chance, which is roughly equal to 0.33% total damage reduction on a normal boss swing (on average, and if SB has a 66.7% uptime).

Austere has a little bit more TDR (about 0.1% more), but will also increase your health by some 1% if you have 500K HP, and doesn't depend that much on RNG to benefit from, while Eternal provides even more TDR and has more or less the same RNG dependence.

It can be taken for its movement speed increase thus, in a kiting scenario yes, but not that much as a baseline option.

What do you guys think ? Should I still add it as a ''sub-option'' for a kiting build ? I personally don't think it's necessary, and might just flood the content more than anything.

Deleted
    For 25HC progress I will personally probably be taking the armor one but that's just me

It doesn't stack with the boot enchant, does it? I mean speed-wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Sadly no : (

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Sadly no : (
    Then it's situational at best. I agree with Austere for heroic progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    It doesn’t stack, but would most likely be married up with the Precision boot enchantment. That said, if it’s not viable, there’s no real need to include it – just checking. o/

Deleted
    Yep, it looks pretty situational indeed.