Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    10 and 25 tanking are totally different.
    Gamebreaking discovery.

Hey fellow warriors,

Would anyone mind looking at my warrior to see if he would be on par for tanking 5.2?

Trying to get into a10 man raiding guild.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...niric/advanced

I do know I'm missing leg enchant

Thanks guys

You're missing more than your leg enchant. Cloak, belt buckle and 2 engineering tinkers are missing so far. For gemming, you want to emphasize expertise and mastery. Especially in 10 man I'd say mastery > stam for the most part, but that doesn't make stam bad. I'd turn all those blue gems into Guardian's (stam/expertise) and try to get closer to capping that stat as it is what's going to help keep you alive best. Yellow slots can go expertise/mastery as well.

Deleted
    Having had some spare time, I sat down and compiled a spreadsheet for Prot DPS;

For shield slam (with Heavy Repercussions) to break even with the new formulas @850k health you will need ~475k AP, therefore ~420k Vengeance. Due to rage costs, this probably means that for an overall DPS increase you will need ~480k+ vengeance to STOP using execute for a DPS increase and instead just continue with a standard ability set

10+ Year Old Account
    All I see for Protection in 5.2 is a laundry list of nerfs. Shield Slam and Revenge are having their scaling gutted, Heroic Leap (assuming the glyph) is losing its additional damage, and Execute is taking a 15% hit. Add that to the removal of Deadly Calm and the Glyph of Incite (if you’re taking that) being removed, and pretty much the weakest DPS tank of the five is taking a fucking hammering for some inexplicable reason. I know Demoralizing Shout will work with the glyph and the nerf to Execute is collateral due to its Fury/Arms contribution, but that doesn’t change the fact that Protection is by no means doing well in the damage stakes yet is being thumped.

Has anyone read or constructed a decent reason for this? I’m already pretty sick of the game at this point, and this nonsense might just see me skip 5.2 altogether.

Deleted
    I would like to see a Blizzard response to tank damage. When switching to another tank will save you literal seconds and your healers don't mind... why wouldn't you? Monks cleave damage makes me feel the Deep Wounds nerf was unjustified.

Deleted
    Sure? I would say that you need very low ap to have hr outdo execute, and the more ap, the more execute surpass hr.

Deleted
    Yeah but execute capping at your HP, is what I'm talking about at the break even point, at 470k vengeance+ HR starts hitting for more than execute when you are at 850k health, at lower AP, execute will always out DPS HR

As for overall our DPS, I wouldn't say we are going to be the weakest tank by a long shot, prot warrior is fairly tightly linked to how well you manage it and we should be performing pretty much where everyone else is, with the exception possibly of prot pallies. It just depends how much the grand crusader change affects their DPS

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 12:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 12:35 PM ----------

Decided to put it into a graph with the data I got out of excel

Interestingly as well you can see that in terms of single target, at around the same point ~450k vengeance, Thunder Clap starts to overtake Devastate DPS wise

But yeah, I believe that graph puts into a more instantly visible depiction of the AP scaling in 5.2

For devastates weapon damage I've just taken a 2/2 upgraded Kil'rak

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 12:40 PM ----------

If there are any other abilities you want me to plot I'd be happy to do so
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-02-28 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Ah, forgot about that, soz.

Btw, if you were asking about a quote on tank damage, gc tweeted something like "war dps was low on 5.1, that's why we buffed them".https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcraw...79745624944640

So yeah, enjoy the buff to damage. Lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Ah, forgot about that, soz.

Btw, if you were asking about a quote on tank damage, gc tweeted something like "war dps was low on 5.1, that's why we buffed them".https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcraw...79745624944640

So yeah, enjoy the buff to damage. Lol.
    I actually facepalmed IRL

For 5 mans and 10 Normals its a buff, however for anything that hits harder than a fly on crutches its a nerf
    Nice of him to acknowledge and clarify this (!)

Deleted
    I can't believe he actually said that

Thanks for the graphs Eddy, i wonder if there is actually going to be a boss (for 10 man) that will have me sitting at that much vengeance, i somewhat doubt it. I would get close on Empress but that's really the only fight i got close.

Deleted
    Well, in the end is rather funny. 1) Recognize that prot dps is too low. 2) Fix it by nerfing it further and thinking it's a buff. 3) Get 5 tweets saying why that's wrong. 4) Don't give a shit and patch it anyways.

Sigh.. mayhaps a bit of noise in the US thread, if some US player care....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, in the end is rather funny. 1) Recognize that prot dps is too low. 2) Fix it by nerfing it further and thinking it's a buff. 3) Get 5 tweets saying why that's wrong. 4) Don't give a shit and patch it anyways.
    Sadly, this is mainly why I've stopped providing feedbacks... They don't seem to care about the impact all those changes inevitably have on Prot game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Sadly, this is mainly why I've stopped providing feedbacks... They don't seem to care about the impact all those changes inevitably have on Prot game play.
    The sad part is the feedback’s all there without anyone saying anything. I looked at RaidBots and was thoroughly shocked at just how far Protection warriors are behind the other tanks in 10N, which is where the vast majority of players ply their trade. Sure, 25H is relatively close (and warriors are middle of the road with paladins on top) but these nerfs are going to shove warriors to the bottom.

Personally, I’d rather Blizzard just said “we think warriors should do the lowest damage of the tanking specs”. It’d be crap, but at least we wouldn’t have to campaign for buffs and see reasonable commentary ignored.

The stam trinket and the mastery trinket are the best two. Massive health increase CD's are always in style.

Deleted
    Switching between

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94508-bru...do-pan-assault
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94527-ji-kuns-rising-winds
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94516-for...-the-zandalari (if I need a tanky trinket and don't have the second yet)

and keeping

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94528-soul-barrier

As second. Not really a true fan of the last, but trinkets do are the best place to get stamina, so... No heroic or thunderforged version of the first, but I'm fairly sure you can get away using it in a ton of combats, and more dps will help more than buttsaving trinkets in low tank damage bosses. And hey, 8k parry isn't too bad as mitigation.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-03-02 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly, for this tier at least I've much prefered using dual stamina trinkets than 1avoidance/1 stam or 2 avoidance. I think the stamina you gain is a major healing buffer and just outweighs the extra damage reduction by drastically increasing your survivability. Tried 1/1 this for one reset of clears this tier on farm and was majorly noticeable how I felt more squishy

I will probably for the majority of progress be using the 2/2 upgraded jade trinket and the soul barrier, possibly swapping to Ji-Kun's at the end of the tier

Deleted
    Was there any response to GC's "buff" to prot warriors and how its a nerf instead ?
    Or we're going live shit tomorrow ?

15+ Year Old Account
    I will be going with the vial and ji-kun's.
    soul barrier for the sole reason of 2200 stamina and the on use effect better than the brewfest trinkets. srsly, that trinket mostly is reducing 5 attacks by 11k.
    11k damage reduction is not really much, considering tanks have 600k life and get hit for about 150k+ per attack. All that thing is doing is causing more overheal from the healers.

the rep tank trinket is bullshit. an on use effect with the worst defensive stat, getting worse every 2 seconds? what. the.
    the battlemaster trinket ... well... we already have two last stands as skills, so why should we ever need more?