Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
57
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Anyone else notice you can change your spec anywhere? As long as you have the mats you can change spec, glyphs, anything on a per boss basis.
    Yeah, that's what they had in mind when they made the new talent system.

  2. #122
    P1-2: Mastery Elixir + Dodge Elixir, and Mastery Food
    In addition, you can also use these for more options : Hit Elixir, Expertise Elixir, Hit Food, Elixir Food, Parry Food
    (I haven't come across any ''Parry Elixir'' in any database so far, so I'm guessing there isn't any out there. If you do find one, let me know, so I can /E this section)
    "Elixir Food" should be "Expertise Food"

    I don't know how Dodge (and Parry for that matter) relate to Armour in terms of which provides more avoidance because there is the Armour Guardian Elixir as well to use instead of the Dodge Elixir.

    The Str potion would provide 4.20539% Parry at level 90

    -----

    Pulling from Thecks spreadsheet some might want to know these conversion values

    Str -> 1% Parry 951.16
    Parry Rating -> 1% Parry 885
    Dodge Rating -> 1% Dodge 885
    Mastery Rating -> 1% Matery 273
    Hit Rating -> 1% Hit 340
    Expertise Rating -> 1% Expertise 340
    Haste Rating -> 1% Haste 425

    Assuming they are correct wouldn't Hit/Exp cap be 2550 rating not 2600? (7.5% * 340Rating/% = 2550 Rating ... You value for Hard-Exp cap is correct at 5100 but having 7.5% @ 2600 Rating doesn't let the math line up)

    -----

    Race debate ... Tauren for constant extra HP or Panda for double food buff?

    I've been leaning towards Panda since there is a 450 stam food (900 with Panda racial) which is almost as much HP as the Tauren racial provides but the utility of having double Parry/Mastery food when it's needed over stam
    Last edited by Puntr; 2012-09-05 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Added some small things

  3. #123
    Mechagnome L Kebess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntr View Post

    Assuming they are correct wouldn't Hit/Exp cap be 2550 rating not 2600? (7.5% * 340Rating/% = 2550 Rating ... You value for Hard-Exp cap is correct at 5100 but having 7.5% @ 2600 Rating doesn't let the math line up)
    Absolutely. Just a typing mistake really. Nicely spotted!



    Quote Originally Posted by Puntr View Post
    Mastery Rating -> 1% Matery 600
    This is wrong though. You need 273 Mastery rating for 1% Mastery.

    The amount of Parry and Dodge rating needed for 1% of those stats will also vary according to how much you already have on your gear, due to DR.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 09:53 PM ----------

    (272.73 to be more accurate)

  4. #124
    Huge buffs to protection coming. I'm not too happy about the rage changes, but we'll see how it turns out.

    Tank Time
    I mentioned previously (though it very well could have been in another thread) that we have been looking a lot at tank balance. We think tanks surviving short windows of spike damage has been fairly balanced in beta for some time, and indeed we are seeing all tank classes used effectively in beta Challenge Modes and Heroic raid testing.

    The rage tanks required too much healing, so we are causing them to take less damage and have more rage for active mitigation.

    Warrior
    -- Rage generation from Revenge increased from 10 to 15.
    -- Rage generation from Shield Slam increased from 15 to 20. (Sword and Board continues to give 5 extra, so 25 now).
    -- Reduced internal cooldown on Critical Block from Enrage from 5 sec to 3 sec.
    -- Increased damage reduction from Defensive Stance from 15% to 25%.
    -- Increased armor from Unwavering Sentinel from 10% to 25%.

  5. #125
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Smokenhagen (Denmark)
    Posts
    67
    Alright. This might be a rare incident but I would like to know it anyway. _Sometimes_ (currently in DS) I felt a minor confusion on when to use Shield Block and Barrier. Sometimes it would be possible to get a potential huge absorb if you vengance is high. I know it's very spiky but do you guys know if there has been made ANY kind of addon that tracks your potential absorb at a, lets say, 1 sec timer or so.

    Similar to the Death Strike absorb calculator (forgot the name of it). Or would you just set up a Power-Aura to track your vengance ?

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    This is wrong though. You need 273 Mastery rating for 1% Mastery.

    The amount of Parry and Dodge rating needed for 1% of those stats will also vary according to how much you already have on your gear, due to DR.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 09:53 PM ----------

    (272.73 to be more accurate)
    I should have stated those are pre-DR values. Also isn't it 273 Mastery Rating -> 1% for level 85?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Huge buffs to protection coming. I'm not too happy about the rage changes, but we'll see how it turns out.
    More rage = more opportunities to HS ... YAYAYAYA :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Moocares View Post
    Alright. This might be a rare incident but I would like to know it anyway. _Sometimes_ (currently in DS) I felt a minor confusion on when to use Shield Block and Barrier. Sometimes it would be possible to get a potential huge absorb if you vengance is high. I know it's very spiky but do you guys know if there has been made ANY kind of addon that tracks your potential absorb at a, lets say, 1 sec timer or so.

    Similar to the Death Strike absorb calculator (forgot the name of it). Or would you just set up a Power-Aura to track your vengance ?
    I would look into custom Power/Weak aura triggers since it is a spell and not a buff like Blood Shield, but the formula for shield barrier is (@ 60 rage)
    Code:
    max(2*(AP-Str*2), Sta*2.5)
    Last edited by Puntr; 2012-09-05 at 12:07 AM. Reason: I can't spell

  7. #127
    Mechagnome L Kebess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntr View Post
    I should have stated those are pre-DR values. Also isn't it 273 Mastery Rating -> 1% for level 85?
    [/CODE]
    Nop, lvl-90.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Nop, lvl-90.
    Stuff of Nightmares

    Says 2.17% @ 90 corresponding with 600 Rating -> 1%. A single trinket giving 4.7619% mastery (assuming 273 Rating -> 1%) would be ridiculous

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Moocares View Post
    Alright. This might be a rare incident but I would like to know it anyway. _Sometimes_ (currently in DS) I felt a minor confusion on when to use Shield Block and Barrier. Sometimes it would be possible to get a potential huge absorb if you vengance is high. I know it's very spiky but do you guys know if there has been made ANY kind of addon that tracks your potential absorb at a, lets say, 1 sec timer or so.

    Similar to the Death Strike absorb calculator (forgot the name of it). Or would you just set up a Power-Aura to track your vengance ?
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakaur...orb-remaining/

    It does not track Spirit Shell. Everything else works fine.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakaur...orb-remaining/

    It does not track Spirit Shell. Everything else works fine.
    all of those are buffs as Shield Barrier doesn't actually provide a buff until it is casted such a script is rendered moot

    Code:
    deK4eaGivKlPqWOiLtrQwfb9kfknle5wksTlfLFPqQHbWXavldqptryAkQUMk02ue9nfQACku5DQG7bk2NcjhKalefEOcHMOcrDrfkojsyLcDtqPDsI(jIQgkIklLqEQQMkcxff1xviYCvKSxr)fjAWqhMOfJI8yKAYKKlt1MP4ZiPrJO0Pb61ikMnLUnj1Uf8BvA4ky5G8CunDLUokTDvuFNqz8eQopjSFPt4jr(G5tryDiJK2NIc6BGpfy4mLCYc6wvucy85ZZh(S5Zg)m45RoFv5RkjYxfiFWkv8RKMm88hb68fN8gd33u5KZGdyIJWpojWJ(0aaCmFAw(Evt4IV5Byd0l4nOP3yXIflAV0sBrMKCNuXHlNbRXqQyWPYG1ykctrMdGRGDL0KHCxXCiTtdwPch6K(HglwSyr7LwAl6gJtVGN9IWuKjj3lo2IdxodwJP4ylgCQmynMdnwSyXI2lT0wKjj3FcrKkYx5(eIivC4YzWAmpHisfdovgSgZtiQimfzoaU)kxTtdwPch6ej46hASyXIfTxAPTitsU)ecGLur(k3NqaSKkoC5mynMNqaSKkgCQmynMNqaSfHPiZbW9x5QDAWkv4qNinH(HglwSyr7LwAloCfZHkctrMdGl5UI5qANgSsfo0j9dnwSyXIGMIAdxXCOIJcMItcqV4swp0yXIflwSyXIq(YcfkAS3lKMAP4AafQ5gJtVGN9P14RCFcrcbQRtQiFL7tiawHaNDux)qJflwSOB5oOP4WvmhQ4OGzoGIlz9qJflwSyXIflc5lluOOXEVqAQLIRbuOMBmo9cE2NwJVY9jejeOUoPI8vUpHayfcC2rDHAah9e66hASyXIfDl3BSyXIflwSyriFzHcfn27fstTuCnGc1CJXPxWZ(0A8vUpHiHa11jvKVY9jeaRqGZoQlud(ONqx)qJflwSOhu1Ohu1yJn2yJn2yJn2yJn2yJn2yJn2yJn2y(kiVXW9nvcygaaaaoFo85aMe4X8HCQG3aHIbpFq6BiF(kPjdNCxWWM)iogLeJru(SHfcKkvhkjYNp4wRsPApvchoqaZhxU5hyvtabsLQdXtLWZFHaPs1HsI8xfdE(8vUS889ZEyZxa9cEdfzMlzY65ZYDk5dU1QuQ2tg5ZhCRvPuTNkHdhiG5JlFwUtjBaCtg5Zg8ZEyZxYU3CZhuv(pdju(Qa5dwPckOVH8PiSoKrs7trb9nWNsatGwWvbLJSB8GQ8TxPQKiFwUtjTvY5jJ8HUwpjYxnRDbtICZnFARKZtI85GbQwp)rsGiruqEr5MBU5FovcFoaa5Mja
    Its crude but it works ... the values don't always match up with the tooltip as the tooltip doesn't take into account the amount of rage you currently have. Also this is for weak aura since I don't use Power Aura
    Last edited by Puntr; 2012-09-05 at 01:21 AM.

  11. #131
    Mechagnome L Kebess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntr View Post
    Stuff of Nightmares

    Says 2.17% @ 90 corresponding with 600 Rating -> 1%. A single trinket giving 4.7619% mastery (assuming 273 Rating -> 1%) would be ridiculous
    I'm not sure how they are calculating Mastery percentages on the trinket you linked, but it's sure 272.73 rating => 1% Mastery at lvl-90, on the beta. And it has been so for months now, I just checked again just to be sure.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 01:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Huge buffs to protection coming. I'm not too happy about the rage changes, but we'll see how it turns out.
    I'm very excited about these changes. They will sure reduce spikiness in a very significant way for us.
    CTC might be gone, but having a base +25% Armour, plus a 25% Def Stance DR, will simply prevent any spikiness that would have resulted from that lost.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 01:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Puntr View Post
    Stuff of Nightmares

    Says 2.17% @ 90 corresponding with 600 Rating -> 1%. A single trinket giving 4.7619% mastery (assuming 273 Rating -> 1%) would be ridiculous
    Just took a quick screen in game to show this - I sadly can't think of any better way.


    I used this trinket for illustrate : Fire of the Deep. It gives 458 Mastery rating.

    When equipped you can see HERE that my Mastery is 28.72%, at lvl-90.
    When unequipped you can see again HERE that my Mastery drops at 27.04%.

    28.72% - 27.04% = 1.68% difference.

    458 rating / 1.68 = 272.62 => +273 rating for 1%.

    If you can tell me what I'm doing wrong there, I'll gladly correct what needs to be corrected, ; )
    According to this however, it seems there's simply a bug in the %tage calculation of the trinket you linked above.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    I used this trinket for illustrate : Fire of the Deep. It gives 458 Mastery rating.

    When equipped you can see HERE that my Mastery is 28.72%, at lvl-90.
    When unequipped you can see again HERE that my Mastery drops at 27.04%.

    28.72% - 27.04% = 1.68% difference.

    458 rating / 1.68 = 272.62 => +273 rating for 1%.

    If you can tell me what I'm doing wrong there, I'll gladly correct what needs to be corrected, ; )
    According to this however, it seems there's simply a bug in the %tage calculation of the trinket you linked above.
    Ya i just did the same thing mid-Hagara pull :P It just seems odd that it is only a 100 rating difference between 85 and 90 rating

  13. #133
    Mechagnome L Kebess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntr View Post
    Ya i just did the same thing mid-Hagara pull :P It just seems odd that it is only a 100 rating difference between 85 and 90 rating
    It's much more than 100. At lvl-85, after 5.0.4, you only need +81.5 Mastery rating to get 1% Mastery.

    273 - 81.5 = 191.5 rating difference.

    This is a 235% increase...

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    It's much more than 100. At lvl-85, after 5.0.4, you only need +81.5 Mastery rating to get 1% Mastery.

    273 - 81.5 = 191.5 rating difference.

    This is a 235% increase...
    I'm still living in a pre-5.0.4 world until 90 >.<

  15. #135
    Mechagnome L Kebess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Moocares View Post
    Alright. This might be a rare incident but I would like to know it anyway. _Sometimes_ (currently in DS) I felt a minor confusion on when to use Shield Block and Barrier. Sometimes it would be possible to get a potential huge absorb if you vengance is high. I know it's very spiky but do you guys know if there has been made ANY kind of addon that tracks your potential absorb at a, lets say, 1 sec timer or so.

    Similar to the Death Strike absorb calculator (forgot the name of it). Or would you just set up a Power-Aura to track your vengance ?
    Vengeance Status - lite, accurate, and easy to use. It shows your Vengeance at any time on a simple bar.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 03:23 AM ----------

    Just to come back to the upcoming Prot buff;

    Personally, I love those changes. They will allow us to have the complete 600/9% uptime on SB, and permit the use of SBar in a more ''rotational'' manner, even outside of unavoidable attacks. It should in fact, improve the gameplay at least in some way, and make it less SB spamming 24/7, since it will probably become SB spamming + ''occasional SBars'' to dump excess Rage.

    The Armour and Def Stance buff are just awesome as well, to prevent any serious spikiness we might have had with the CTC lost (not that it was absolutely necessary, but it's a nice guarantee).

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 03:29 AM ----------

    If you haven't seen the BP yet : http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...pt-ii/#post524

  16. #136
    surprised at the large amount of buffs

  17. #137
    The Lightbringer The Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,170
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warrior
    -- Rage generation from Revenge increased from 10 to 15.
    -- Rage generation from Shield Slam increased from 15 to 20. (Sword and Board continues to give 5 extra, so 25 now).
    -- Reduced internal cooldown on Critical Block from Enrage from 5 sec to 3 sec.
    -- Increased damage reduction from Defensive Stance from 15% to 25%.
    -- Increased armor from Unwavering Sentinel from 10% to 25%.
    I'm a bit worried about these buffs, actually.

    Have they honestly made such a hash of active mitigation that they had to buff our passive damage reduction so drastically? It's also going to have a significant impact on warriors in PvP, something that's going to need accounting for somewhere.

    What a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    I'm a bit worried about these buffs, actually.

    Have they honestly made such a hash of active mitigation that they had to buff our passive damage reduction so drastically?
    What a mess.
    Aw, your quotation is much better looking than mine.
    But yeah, my main concern is the buffs to rage making shield block uptime too predictable and taking some of the fun out of it. As it were you really needed to put, at least, some effort into your offensive priorities for max RPS. I might be wrong though and i've learnt to at least give something a try before dismissing it.

    Might this in, any way, make enraged regeneration more attractive since it could be "ok" to use it as a rage dump with how fast you "potentially" might build your rage? Maybe enrage availability wasn't a problem to begin with though. I didn't really try it out enough to know.

  19. #139
    At first glance the Rage buffs can only mean that we're not really intended to go for hit and expertise, since atm im running near the cap of both and the rage incoming is more than enough to have SB always on CD and throw the ocasional Sbar in between.

    Again this at 85.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    At first glance the Rage buffs can only mean that we're not really intended to go for hit and expertise
    Isn't that a shame if it carries over all the way to 90? Variation is good and as far as i know the devs approved of the idea of using offensive stats more as a part of the whole active mitigation idea. I'm not out to only hate on the buffs, but i can't say i was jumping up and down when i saw the post. Much like Thylacine said it's just way too drastic and sudden and signals the developers were kind of off with the design to begin with. Spikyness is a part of tanking, like a little bit of RNG is part of DPSing. Eliminating it completely (which i'm not sure it'll do) takes some excitement out of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •