Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That would more or less put it on par with the other 2. I kind of liked the extra rage but it was so short. Extra damage is still a nice CD and it stacks with reck and banner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    That would more or less put it on par with the other 2. I kind of liked the extra rage but it was so short. Extra damage is still a nice CD and it stacks with reck and banner.
    If it's damage you want, Bloodbath with Deadly Calm and the Glyph of Incite is likely the way to go - I'd like to see the math, of course, but that's my inclination.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot, very useful handbook for prots.

Deleted
    Well it gains 4 seconds on what it already has, and the damage bonus is what you really want as converting that extra rage into damage is near impossible with an expertise / hit capped set as you will have shield blocks maximum uptime anyway and just dumping it into HS is pretty low damage at best. I would say the extra 4 combined with the loss of the rage generation, for prot atleast it will make it slightly more powerful than it already is so I cant really see myself changing away from avatar anytime soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Well it gains 4 seconds on what it already has, and the damage bonus is what you really want as converting that extra rage into damage is near impossible with an expertise / hit capped set as you will have shield blocks maximum uptime anyway and just dumping it into HS is pretty low damage at best. I would say the extra 4 combined with the loss of the rage generation, for prot atleast it will make it slightly more powerful than it already is so I cant really see myself changing away from avatar anytime soon
    Mmm, food for thought.

Has anyone really worked with Storm Bolt to see how good it is? I'm considering giving it a proper go, considering I ditched it previously because I found the stun on trash to actually be quite annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone really worked with Storm Bolt to see how good it is?
    Cosidering the long cooldown, its not that great, the damage is about that of a good stacked shield slam on unstunnable mobs.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Cosidering the long cooldown, its not that great, the damage is about that of a good stacked shield slam on unstunnable mobs.
    As I suspected. It just "feels" hugely underwhelming.

It hits for less than Devastate on unstunnables.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    That fact really made me laugh at first then seriously sad inside at how underwhelming the ability is : <

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    That fact really made me laugh at first then seriously sad inside at how underwhelming the ability is : <
    although I know that this is the prot thread, has anyone any numbers for how hard it his for arms/fury?
    because if it is similar low for dps specs, what the hell is the reason for this spell to exist in the first place? the stun?

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    although I know that this is the prot thread, has anyone any numbers for how hard it his for arms/fury?
    because if it is similar low for dps specs, what the hell is the reason for this spell to exist in the first place? the stun?
    It's supposed to replace concussion blow. Not sure how hard they hit, but a quick single talent change isn't expensive if you're near your computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt sound accurate, on what did you test?

Mine was hitting for 14k on regular (stunnable) quest mobs few days ago.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Which JC gems should I be using?
    right now I am using the 480 mastery gems, but the 480 stam gems seem appealing since they're a 100% stat increase over normal gems whereas the mastery gems are only a 50% increase over the normal gems.
    my ilvl is still pretty low, 459 equipped so my hp is under 400k but I would like to start doing some MSV here soon (Will has me worried since when titan's gas is up the guys can melee for 200k+)

i'm going 7.5% exp/hit > mastery > parry/dodge
    also know gemming stam is kinda noob nowadays
    Last edited by bals; 2012-10-31 at 04:38 PM.

Well, since the serpent eyes are cheap and plentiful, use stamina where you need more health and switch to mastery if stam is less of an issue but you'd want more crit block. I wouldn't say gemming stam is noob, though.

Deleted
    Depends, for 10 man I would go mastery
    For 25 I would go stamina every time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Which JC gems should I be using?
    right now I am using the 480 mastery gems, but the 480 stam gems seem appealing since they're a 100% stat increase over normal gems whereas the mastery gems are only a 50% increase over the normal gems.
    my ilvl is still pretty low, 459 equipped so my hp is under 400k but I would like to start doing some MSV here soon (Will has me worried since when titan's gas is up the guys can melee for 200k+)

i'm going 7.5% exp/hit > mastery > parry/dodge
    also know gemming stam is kinda noob nowadays
    At the moment, I'd say stamina; there's an awful lot of magical damage flying around the Mogu'shan Vault, and our answer to that is hit, expertise (prioritising barriers) and stamina. Truthfully, I'm favouring stamina regardless but not to the extent in WotLK; prioritise it, but not to the exclusion of mastery gems in yellow sockets and picking up socket bonuses.

It all helps.

Deleted
    I thought Windsong would be useful for a Tank (over Dodge and a 7,500 Absorb). Is there something I'm missing?
    Last edited by mmoc263730159b; 2012-11-02 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaxomA View Post
    I thought Windsong would be useful for a Tank (over Dodge and a 7,500 Absorb). Is there something I'm missing?
    Yup. Crit and haste are useless and the proc is random. The dodge enchant stacks twice and is almost always up.

Deleted
    Sorry if this was already asked at some point, but I need a quick answer. Should I get the trinket from the cards? The Relic of something it's called.

The two trinkets I have right now are http://www.wowhead.com/item=86046 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=87575 . Obviously, I want to change the second one, but I don't know what to buy.

The one from the Darkmoon Fair, or the one from the Shado-Pan, which is exactly the same as my first trinket. The relic has less hp, but different from my first trinket. But the one from the Shado-Pan is exactly the same, but has more hp than the relic.
    Last edited by mmoc7570420288; 2012-11-03 at 03:53 PM.

If you feel the cost is justifiable, go for it. It's a great trinket for this tier. Honestly though, the Brewfest one is close. The extra dodge will grant more revenge procs on average but at the same time it's at a high DR. I'm going to grab it if I can find it for the right price.