Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the 2 tanks in my guild passed on another mastery trinket, this time Stuff of Nightmares, and I noticed it doesn't seem to be up much on the dummies compared to the Elegon trinket. I currently have it, Relic, Vial and the MSV trash trinket. I'm guessing Relic/ MSV Trink for magic fights, Vial/MSV Trash trink for mixed and Sha of Fear (crit block the thrashes as much as possible with the on use up) and Vial/Tsulong trinket for really hard physical hitters like Will or Windlord (almost no magic damage period, or tons of adds to block)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Very good read. Did a good job with this guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok guys im posting here cos shit i got drives me nuts.

I am using xperl/dominos interface since TBC.

I got some but that pisses me off.
    When i play fury everything is ok
    When i change spec to prot + reload gui i got some bug.
    My skills on bars are like lagging. Sometimes i need to press SS or revenge like 10-15 times b4 it "gets in" Its like playing with 500ms.

I got 22ms and 60fps+ on ultra.
    I tried:
    Vsync
    Reduce interface lag
    secure ability toggle

Usually its when i aoe loads of mobs. But i do get it on boss fights :/

No problems like that when im playing fury.

I would record video of it but if i post ppl will HATE ME for my interface :P
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2013-01-04 at 07:36 PM.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    That sounds like you're not facing the target. But in any case it's probably better suited in the Interface forum, they'll know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good idea. I cant figure that out
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

A small question...does anyone know a good source to get a better understanding of using SBlock and SBar? Which is more beneficial to certain fights, when one is better than the other, etc.

Deleted
    Either use World of Log personally and look for damage taken chart or just browse some other kills to get a general idea. Please be aware that certain healer setup/raid sizes (hello disc priest's absorb & 25 man boss damage scaling vs. mass cooldowns!) might distort the results.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    A small question...does anyone know a good source to get a better understanding of using SBlock and SBar? Which is more beneficial to certain fights, when one is better than the other, etc.
    It totally depends on the fights, for high magical / bleed damage, Sbar is obviously going to be strong on those
    Things like timing it so you have one stack of shield block up and then use barrier just before a breath on something like tsuolong or elegon is also adviseable

As for flat vengeance scaling, SBlock is usually better for delta reduction up until around 400k vengeance, past that SBar scales to the point of having more absorb than your incoming DPS, so if you can back to back barriers with hard enough hitting mobs you are effectively immortal, eg) Shek'Zeer Heroic where the other tank died, I picked up his mobs and went to 750k vengeance, my Shield Barrier was @ 1.7 million absorb per cast, the mobs couldn't ever take off more than 1 million

For most fights though you are better off just dumping rage into SBlock for heavy repercussions and the smoother damage reduction and using Barrier as a fairly niche spell on high unblockable damage abilities OR when you are in the SBlock downtime

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    It totally depends on the fights. For high magical / bleed damage, Sbar is obviously going to be strong on those.
    Things like timing it so you have one stack of shield block up and then use barrier just before a breath, on something like Tsuolong or Elegon is also advisable.

As for flat vengeance scaling, SBlock is usually better for delta reduction up until around 400k vengeance - past that, SBar scales to the point of having more absorb than your incoming DPS, so if you can back to back barriers with hard enough hitting mobs, you are effectively immortal (e.g. Shek'Zeer Heroic, where the other tank died, I picked up his mobs and went to 750k vengeance, my Shield Barrier was @ 1.7 million absorb per cast, the mobs couldn't ever take off more than 1 million).

For most fights though, you are better off just dumping rage into SBlock for Heavy Repercussions and the smoother damage reduction, and using Barrier as a fairly niche spell on high unblockable damage abilities, OR when you are in the SBlock downtime.
    Exactly. There's really nothing notable to add to this.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Feel free to ask for a more in depth answer, if it's still unclear.

Thanks for the help, I believe I understand. I suppose I'll still need to do a bit of personal testing on bosses, but I think I know what I should be looking for now.

Deleted
    Well if you have any questions relating to a specific boss just feel free to ask, as its probably easier on a boss by boss basis than just a generalization ^^

Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-01-07 at 10:19 PM.

help! Heroic Lei Shi:

those add hit really Really had... any chance to "tank" without kiting?
    armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Azralon/Dragaunuss/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Affdeus View Post
    help! Heroic Lei Shi:

More or less No.
    Our guild has the tanks barely touching them. Saving taunts for the swaps on boss, and only doing some damage to the add marked with skull to gain powers for mitigation. The rest are handled by DPS with CCs and minor kiting if the CC isnt enough.
    Last edited by mmoc05059cf28f; 2013-01-10 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    help! Heroic Lei Shi:

One way of handling Lei Shi's adds is with CC's. Your raid can control 4 of them, and leave only one for the tanks to handle => the focus.

As soon as they pop, mass CC all of them (bans, traps, fears, roots, stuns, etc...) regardless of which one you'll focus, then place a skull on the closest one ASAP, and tank it.
    One add on its own is easily handled by the tanks. Tanking more than one is really unnecessary and will require some strong CDs to avoid being instantly gibed.

GL, : )

Deleted
    A good strategy to use is to have your mages cast ring of frost, have your healers with Threatplates and if they see if they have agro on one of the adds, kite it through both sides of the ring of frost, just standing in the center wont work as they get a swing off before the stun takes effect

As for tanking the adds, with vigilance you can put that on your other tank so you can spam taunt any loose adds, as for tanking any more than 2, you really are going to need to blow all cooldowns as your healers will be busy healing whoever is tanking the boss and the high dot damage on whoever you have assigned to stacking

Deleted
    I typically just tank the add without any kind of problem. Sometimes i think i've even had two on me because of some bad CC with shield block and demo shout. Never felt they were untankable, that's in 10 man however.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had this in the Fix my dps thread but I believe it will bebetter answere here as it is a prot / fight quesiton more than just fix my overall dps.

Normal Windlord Prot war solo tank

Looking at other logs I can see that I'm deff not using thunderclap enough on this encountre... I think the habit of only using it when the debuff is missing is a hinderance on this fight that i will need to break. However I would really love for people to pick my dmg appart and provide any feedback on how to up prot dps while tanking all the adds! If I can't get it figured out I will need to go dps and let our pallie tank it... but I really loath dpsing :P

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...ses&boss=65501

Looking at WOL many are in the high 200k and 300k range...so my 160k on the best attempt feels...shitty at best!

Halp a tank stay a tank on this fight!

Deleted
    Well it really depends how much you want to 'scumbag' the DPS
    For general high DPS you should be using thunderclap as close to on cooldown as possible as it does ridiculously high damage, only delaying it for Shield Slam with Block up and dragon roar.

An easy way to gain a bit of dps here is to put a focus macro on one of the menders and interrupt them with the Rude Interruptions glyph which is a nice 6% flat damage increase
    /cast [target=focus] Pummel
    From your log your shield block uptime is fairly low so keeping that higher and not dumping it into barrier will help alot as the increase in shield slam is MASSIVE
    Try to only use cleaves when you have the ultimatum proc as using it outside that will mean you cant get Block up when you need to, by all means use it if you have an excess of rage intake and will be readily be able to cast Block, back to back with itself

I would also recommend getting bloodbath and syncing that with Dragon Roar and some nice thunderclap abuse

If you want to totally be a scumbag on that fight you can spec into Bladestorm and Bloodbath and use the two together when you are at high vengeance with a 2h weapon equipped, which combined with a demo shout and a last stand and possibly an external CD can yield some ungodly numbers:P

Also in terms of your gear, although this wont affect your DPS, you are overcapping hit and expertise a fairy bit so I would recommend downloading reforgelite and familliarising yourself with it as its a great addon as that will let you stay very close to the caps while reforging into more useful ones
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-01-11 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    I had this in the Fix my dps thread but I believe it will bebetter answere here as it is a prot / fight quesiton more than just fix my overall dps.

Normal Windlord Prot war solo tank

Looking at other logs I can see that I'm deff not using thunderclap enough on this encountre... I think the habit of only using it when the debuff is missing is a hinderance on this fight that i will need to break. However I would really love for people to pick my dmg appart and provide any feedback on how to up prot dps while tanking all the adds! If I can't get it figured out I will need to go dps and let our pallie tank it... but I really loath dpsing :P

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...ses&boss=65501

Looking at WOL many are in the high 200k and 300k range...so my 160k on the best attempt feels...shitty at best!

Halp a tank stay a tank on this fight!
    So you found other logs with good numbers, but you forgot to actually check what spells they used and how many times etc?
    Best way is to analyze your own logs though, look at what your spells hit/crit for and then figure out how many targets they hit.

Thunder Clap 24959444 5.1 % 427 49767.2 21250606 40 92720.9 3708838
    Shield Slam 94854086 19.5 % 361 214366.7 77386377 33 467126.3 15415167
    Revenge 119525720 24.6 % 1151 86244.2 99267085 105 160390.6 16841018
    Devastate 44123575 9.1 % 465 76703.1 35666943 45 159188.0 7163459

What i get out of those main abilities is that your Shieldslam hits harder than Revenge even though Revenge hits two targets. Devastate is rubbish since it doesnt even outdamage Revenge on one target and if Thunderclap hits 2 targets it's stronger than devastate, if it hits 3 targets = close to Revenge, and 4 hits puts it barely behind Shield Slam. Since you are solotanking though you are probably juggling 6-7 targets with puts Thunderclap greatly above the rest in terms of damage per GCD.

Bloodbaths with Dragon Roar and Heroic Leap will net you even higher total score if you want to push it. But that shouldnt be necessary to net you a decent DPS

Spell prio should be something like: TC > SS > Revenge

You should pretty much constantly have revenge available due to several mobs hitting you and proccing loads dodge/parries so just spam away on that hotkey and throw in a Thunderclap when its off cooldown and the same for shieldslams.

Worth mentioning is execute aswell. Even though it might be lethal to use rage for execute, if you are unable to keep barrier up because of that, it hits for a stupid amount of damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you both very much!

Eddy for the hit EXP caps I have been using reforge lite but even cahnging just one gem puts me under each time. I set it for hit and EXP hard cap and each time I make a change I always fall to (in hits case) 7.4% so always figured a bit more was less detrimental than a bit less.

Thank you Zmurf! I did look at other logs and I knew that I needed to cast more Tclaps overall but looking at the numbers was not sure if going for the glyph to double dmg but double cd would be beneficial or just mashing the button more. I was trying to keep barier up as much as possible to help out healers but looking now looks like shield slam dmg took a pretty decent hit due to not keeping block up ...

Anywho I can't thank the 2 of you enough... really...really don't want to dps :P