Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I understand the developers need to put dodge (procs/on use) on trinkets as it benifits all tank classes, but I wish they would do something interesting with dodge for Prot warriors. Nothing ground breaking, perhaps a succussfull dodge increases crit chance of your next melee autoattack. Just something to make it more interesting.

Deleted
    I'm not that much sympathetic, seeing trinkets like Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire. A trinket which they hadn't cared too much on making it far far better for agi tanks, going as far as making it useless for str tanks in many situations (any "1 swing each 1.5 secs" situation). Fun part is that when you are getting pelted by attacks you end up going Sbarrier, making mastery procs, well.... Uninteresting at best. Can't see a reason to not make a trinket that says screw you leather tanks.

santa666, there was no response, obviously. Mayhaps in the class blog they are doing. Will be interesting to see the explanation, if it's not bypassed.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-03-05 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    santa666, there was no response, obviously. Mayhaps in the class blog they are doing. Will be interesting to see the explanation, if it's not bypassed.
    It'll be bypassed. Nobody should be shocked when it happens.

Deleted
    I'm crazy or tank boots only drop from thrash and Ra-den? Well, there are crafted ones, too. No heroic anyhow besides Ra-den. But really, having up to 4 piece for the same slot dropping of bosses, and none drops boots? Did I miss them?

Deleted
    I'm crazy or tank boots only drop from thrash and Ra-den? Well, there are crafted ones, too. No heroic anyhow besides Ra-den. But really, having up to 4 piece for the same slot dropping of bosses, and none drops boots? Did I miss them?
    Treads of the Blind Eye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tossy View Post
    Thanks, wowhead now too have them assigned to Durumu. Sadly, the heroic version of them is somewhat worse than the crafted ones.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=96723

Seems better (even without the socket), but they seem to be from... thrash? No boss is linked to them on wowhead/wowdb anyhow. Probably the heroic version don't exist. So it is crafted ones until Ra-den anyways.

Deleted
    Thanks, wowhead now too have them assigned to Durumu. Sadly, the heroic version of them is somewhat worse than the crafted ones.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=96723

Seems better (even without the socket), but they seem to be from... thrash? No boss is linked to them on wowhead/wowdb anyhow. Probably the heroic version don't exist. So it is crafted ones until Ra-den anyways.
    Yeah indeed, i picked up the ones you linked for my prot paladin on a trash run. Obviously they aren't great for prot paladins without the haste and socket, but from the 476 sha of anger boots it was a nice upgrade.

Havn't seen much discussion on the changes to Glyph of Incite. I personally don't see much downside to using this glyph, has been working great for me on taunt swaps since i usually demo shout just before the swap to ease the healing transition and this glyph change makes keeping threat after taunt much easier. I really feel like I'm missing something here though and was hoping you more experienced warriors could weigh in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Havn't seen much discussion on the changes to Glyph of Incite. I personally don't see much downside to using this glyph, has been working great for me on taunt swaps since i usually demo shout just before the swap to ease the healing transition and this glyph change makes keeping threat after taunt much easier. I really feel like I'm missing something here though and was hoping you more experienced warriors could weigh in.
    There's not much to add, really - you're using it quite intelligently and it's a perfectly viable glyph. I daresay Keb's updating the guide for 5.2 offline before fully updating but, then again, he might be pissed off that the warrior 5.2 "explanation" came out and nothing was said about the tank nerfs; just PvP and a touch of Arms PvE.

Hugely disappointing.

Based on my gear, armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...retsu/advanced

Should I get the ring or the trinket from shado-pan assault first? I can buy 1 or the other and I have them both unlocked.

Deleted
    for 10 trinket, for 25 ring

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    for 10 trinket, for 25 ring
    Thanks. Now after this just prioritize buying all items with pure mastery on them right? I raid 25 man. Going to step into ToT for the first time tonight.

Deleted
    Expertise to hardcap and then mastery is what I am doing for progress and I believe the majority of tanks progressing at high end will be
    Going with double stamina trinkets aswell

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Expertise to hardcap and then mastery is what I am doing for progress and I believe the majority of tanks progressing at high end will be
    Going with double stamina trinkets aswell
    Understood. But I was vague with my question: I meant, assuming there are 2-3 valor items I could buy, I always pursue the one with the best stats (say mastery) or do I get the one that cost the most first?

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Understood. But I was vague with my question: I meant, assuming there are 2-3 valor items I could buy, I always pursue the one with the best stats (say mastery) or do I get the one that cost the most first?
    Which ever would be the biggest upgrade first, based on what you have in that slot already.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Which ever would be the biggest upgrade first, based on what you have in that slot already.
    Thanks, dumb question honestly lol.

Are thunder clap and shockwave the only abilities available for AoE tanking? Leveling my warrior by tanking dungeons and pvp, but that gets frustrating in like Stormsout (sp?) Brewery all the hoplings is impossible.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Are thunder clap and shockwave the only abilities available for AoE tanking? Leveling my warrior by tanking dungeons and pvp, but that gets frustrating in like Stormsout (sp?) Brewery all the hoplings is impossible.
    Try using revenge and cleave in between thunder clap and shockwave, be sure to target mobs you don't already have threat on. Tidy Plates + Threat Plates is a nice addon for this. I can usually pick up 90% of them this way and the ones that are free don't really have a huge impact on the rest of the group.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 03:43 AM ----------

On a sidenote, the Shockwave change is really annoying in dungeons. Couldn't they have made a Prot only minor glyph that reduces the base cd to 20 seconds?

Yeah that's what I end up doing I was just making sure there wasn't something I'm missing.

And true, that would have made more sense.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Tell your group to run to the end with you and keep up. Once you're all there, pop mocking banner and go to town. Also, back in Vanilla and BC warriors didn't have a strong thunderclap, and we had zero shockwave until WoTLK. Decent warriors had to use nameplates and switch targets to use regular attacks on them. We can still do that, threat plates is also a big help with this.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Try using revenge and cleave in between thunder clap and shockwave, be sure to target mobs you don't already have threat on. Tidy Plates + Threat Plates is a nice addon for this. I can usually pick up 90% of them this way and the ones that are free don't really have a huge impact on the rest of the group.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 03:43 AM ----------

On a sidenote, the Shockwave change is really annoying in dungeons. Couldn't they have made a Prot only minor glyph that reduces the base cd to 20 seconds?
    When they nerf abilities like this, it should only affect arenas. It's retarded otherwise.
    Last edited by idefiler6; 2013-03-10 at 05:01 AM.