Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Yeh, what i meant was that for threat plates you need tidy plates.
    Tidy plates you can run without threat plates :P
    Yeah, my last post came across a bit more... Disagreeable than it was really meant to be.

My apologies.

So I was reading over hard-capping exp on warriors, and it seems to be BETTER than prioritizing hit/exp 7.5% then mastery > all. Had to change my reforge strat.

I re-did all my reforges and was able to manage 8.44% hit and 14.82% exp. However, I had to reforge BOTH my mast trinkets to exp to be able to get .18% from exp cap, look good or no? Armory in sig.

Personally, I handle the 15% exp/7.5% hit all through gemming/reforges so I can swap my trinkets between stamina, mastery or strength depending on the fight. With that in mind, I would first reforge everything to try to hit the 15% exp cap after the 7.5% hit cap. If I could not reforge to get there, then I would use 320 expertise gems or guardian gems in your red sockets, blacksmith sockets and belt buckle. You can also use guardians in your blue sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyb View Post
    Personally, I handle the 15% exp/7.5% hit all through gemming/reforges so I can swap my trinkets between stamina, mastery or strength depending on the fight. With that in mind, I would first reforge everything to try to hit the 15% exp cap after the 7.5% hit cap. If I could not reforge to get there, then I would use 320 expertise gems or guardian gems in your red sockets, blacksmith sockets and belt buckle. You can also use guardians in your blue sockets.
    Hhmm, so the exp is better than stam in those sockets where I can put any color?

And yeah I'll leave my trinkets reforge free, switching them out without losing the reforges is nice.

Well let's see, I can probably answer my own question heh. 960 exp > 960 stam I beleive, considering the exp will get me closer to taking less spike damage I think?

And Gliff, wish I had the gold. Till then, I'll leave my mastery trinkets untouched.

Deleted
    @Icycoldd
    You get more exp per gem than you get stamina(320 vs 240), however you get more stamina from trinkets than you get from other stats (provided they're on equal ilvl).
    With that said whether you're getting exp to 15%, going for alot of stamina or stacking mastery is very personal and also dependent on healing-setup to some degree. I'm sure there are math to proove one better than the other if you really want to be absolutely sure...
    Personally I'm going for for the exp since thats what I feel brings me the most control while also contributing the most to my guild.

Stamina doesn't really provide any damage reduction other than letting healers have a more healthbuffer to play around. Stamina is problably the strongest defensive stat as of now (counting hit and exp offensive) but it wont do you any good if your damage intake is higher than the amount of healing you recieve. Some healers may even argue for that you drop some stamina to not soak their mana as fast, but its mostly situational from fight to fight and whether you play in a 10man or a 25man team.

No real concrete answer here but hopefully I brought you some insight which can lead you to the right answer for you and your team.

Edit: You do not need any more hit than the exact amount that brings you to 7.5%. Currently when i look at your armory you sit at 10.68%... Thats 1131 stats better placed placed elsewhere.
    Last edited by mmoc05059cf28f; 2013-04-07 at 03:05 AM.

The reason for that surplus of hit is because most my items have hit on them natively so it's hard to keep hit low even after reforges. Am I missing something to get rid of more hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    The reason for that surplus of hit is because most my items have hit on them natively so it's hard to keep hit low even after reforges. Am I missing something to get rid of more hit?
    Reforge more things away from hit. There's a few pieces you can do this on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyb View Post
    Personally, I handle the 15% exp/7.5% hit all through gemming/reforges so I can swap my trinkets between stamina, mastery or strength depending on the fight.
    Sage advice.

Deleted
    Problem about that is that you can't use expertise/hit trinkets. And for this tier, I think that fabled H (hit trinket) / shadopan (expertise) are the best companions to lei shen stam trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Reforge more things away from hit. There's a few pieces you can do this on.
    Ah, well here's the thing: Say my shoulders for example, have 869 parry and 420 hit. I reforged the parry instead of the hit to get more exp towards the 15% cap. Plus, it gets a little troublesome cause I want to make sure I get exp cap w/o 2 pc t14 as well.

Deleted
    Our Prot Warrior has been having issues lately, and I’m the new OT in my 25-Man Guild.

Basically, what should I be Gemming for in 25-Man? Also, is the Stat priority: Exp = Hit > Exp (15%) > Mastery > Parry > Dodge?

Sorry for this post; the information is probably here. In the future I’ll read the whole thread but I need some information quickly. Thanks a lot.

http://http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Kextraz/advanced I know about the Sockets etc. Just a general overview of my style right now. Last time I tanked seriously was T14 10M.
    Last edited by mmoc263730159b; 2013-04-07 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Problem about that is that you can't use expertise/hit trinkets. And for this tier, I think that fabled H (hit trinket) / shadopan (expertise) are the best companions to lei shen stam trinket.
    I quite like the Zandalari one that drops from (I think) the Council of Elders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaxomA View Post
    Our Prot Warrior has been having issues lately, and I’m the new OT in my 25-Man Guild.

Basically, what should I be Gemming for in 25-Man? Also, is the Stat priority: Exp = Hit > Exp (15%) > Mastery > Parry > Dodge?

Sorry for this post; the information is probably here. In the future I’ll read the whole thread but I need some information quickly. Thanks a lot.

http://http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Kextraz/advanced I know about the Sockets etc. Just a general overview of my style right now. Last time I tanked seriously was T14 10M.
    For progressing into 25 Heroic I would indeed suggestion going full into stamina with the priority you suggested

He basically needs to get out of gemming full mastery and unless they change how we function significantly or the curve on the boss damage diminishes significantly, we should just be going for stamina for the rest of the expansion at least

He also seriously needs to fix his reforges as they are all over the place

Get his gloves socketed with blacksmithing

MAJOR- Get a 3rd main glyph???? Drop Glyph of bull rush and run with Hold the Line + Heavy Repercussions, switching between the following depending on the fight; Heroic leap, Rude Interruption, Unending Rage (although I have never personally used this one)

Deleted
    Thanks Eddy

Deleted
    Eddy is probably correct. That being said you don't have too...
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...oore/Livedilii

Personally I would always use stamina trinkets. The only slot where stamina outshines secondary stats. Basically the opposite to gems.

A 2190 stamina trinket is worth 9 blue gems.
    A 1920 mastery trinket is worth 6 yellow gems.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-04-10 at 09:25 AM.

I think the decision of stam trinkets vs mitigation trinkets is heavily influenced by the composition of your healing team (at least for 10 mans). If our pally is healing, I have no problem with going double stam trinkets, but if we have just our shammy and druid, I stack mitigation. It's easier for our pally to top me off when I have higher health and lower mitigation than it is for our druid. At the same time, if I roll a heavy mitigation setup with our pally, she tends to overheal more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys.

Need some advices to my prot warrior. I’m the OT on my 10m Core, raiding normal modes, with slow progression (3/12 Normal), working on Tortos. Oh, we run 3 healers.

I’m actually getting 7.5% hit and 15% expertise (reforges aren’t optimal ATM cos I got Horridon’s head but had no time to reforge it yesterday). Using 2 Stamina trinkets (Relic 476 and Shado-Pan 489).

My small problem now is: what to upgrade next? I’ll be sitting on 2300 VP at the end of this week.

1) Thinking about buying the Tank VP Legs, with lots of expertise. But that would break my Normal T14 2 PT Bonus (-1 min Last Stand CD).
    How bad would be that? Still unsure if the better stats on the legs will overcome that set bonus.

2) Since I’m the only plate on the raid that still don’t have a 522 chest, the next drop will be mine. Jin’rokh (Hit/mastery) or Council (Parry/hit) that are “on farm”.
    That would break my 2pt t15 (LFR). Since I got it like 2 days ago, had no chance to do some long tests. That heal (trying it glyphed) is kinda amazing as far I could see. Same stuff, still unsure if the better stats on the chest will overcome that set bonus.

3) Stamina is my focus after hit/exp caps. Our heals aren’t that proactive, so I feel more confident with more health. I tank Horridon for the whole fight (swaps only after War God is dead) with BoP rotations. I’m on bats @ Tortos too. Think stamina does a good job on those.
    Now the third question, about the DPS VP Trinket (loooots of expertise) with some nice STR proc (that would help a bit on Parry too, right?). My health would drop a lot, but I could use ALL that expertise, that way I’d get more mastery from reforges. Is it worth? Saw some prot-warriors with them on wowprogress but, no idea tbh, again. Edit: with that trinket i'd be at 588k unbuffed.. Too low?

Here’s my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gious/advanced

Sorry for the wall of text and for the Grammar errors. I suck a bit @ English.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Drugshock; 2013-04-10 at 04:17 PM.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    1) Thinking about buying the Tank VP Legs, with lots of expertise. But that would break my Normal T14 2 PT Bonus (-1 min Last Stand CD).
    How bad would be that? Still unsure if the better stats on the legs will overcome that set bonus.
    Generally the only time I REALLY felt that set bonus was on Sha of Fear heroic in order to take every single Dread thrash. That said, it's nice to have an "Ow shit" button out there.

2) Since I’m the only plate on the raid that still don’t have a 522 chest, the next drop will be mine. Jin’rokh (Hit/mastery) or Council (Parry/hit) that are “on farm”.
    That would break my 2pt t15 (LFR). Since I got it like 2 days ago, had no chance to do some long tests. That heal (trying it glyphed) is kinda amazing as far I could see. Same stuff, still unsure if the better stats on the chest will overcome that set bonus.
    I wouldnt wear any LFR parts for set bonuses this tier, the bonuses aren't that great imo, the 2 set beeing better than the 4 set.

3) Stamina is my focus after hit/exp caps. Our heals aren’t that proactive, so I feel more confident with more health. I tank Horridon for the whole fight (swaps only after War God is dead) with BoP rotations. I’m on bats @ Tortos too. Think stamina does a good job on those.
    Now the third question, about the DPS VP Trinket (loooots of expertise) with some nice STR proc (that would help a bit on Parry too, right?). My health would drop a lot, but I could use ALL that expertise, that way I’d get more mastery from reforges. Is it worth? Saw some prot-warriors with them on wowprogress but, no idea tbh, again. Edit: with that trinket i'd be at 588k unbuffed.. Too low?
    For normals that's not too low, i'd go with the trinket personally (bought it yesterday).

Especially 10 man tnaks don't really _need_ double stamina, I tend to run one stamina, one avoidance trinket. Although i changed a little for Horridon because that guy on Heroic is like a truck on steroids.

Looking at your gear i'd replace the relic with the Exp trinket. I'd also try and get some crafted boots or something, they are really nice especially since you'll be running normals for a while it's BiS. Also, start on the legendary quest! Not having a gem in your weapon and also not having that extra socket...

Even when not brute forcing it slowly building towards it is generally a good idea!