1. #1
    Pandaren Monk GeordieMagpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    U.K,England, Newcastle
    Posts
    1,832

    [Character Bio] Tyruis Duskmane

    First of all, Good Morning (or whatever timezone it is) ladies and gentlemen! I hope you enjoy the backstory of my character, I haven't roleplayed since 3-4 years, I used to be one of the best and everyone called me Loremaster..bored of PvE and PvP I wanna get back, so please give me your best criticism, Enjoy! This is a small summarized version since I'm too lazy to make it bigger. I no longer have this character so I can't show a screenshot (unless there's a 3d model maker somewhere I can't find) so..please enjoy in memory


    Basic Information
    Character Name:Tyruis Duskmane
    Title: N/A
    Gender:Male
    Race:Human
    Affiliation:Nesingwary Expedition (Neutral, Lawful Good)
    Status:Living Mortal
    Relatives:Unknown (adopted)
    Mentor:Experienced Hunters in the Expedition., Himself, Hunter Districts in Stormwind.
    Companion:Ripper (Black fox)

    Basic Description
    Inside. Likes: Ripper, Himself, Hunting, Friends, Alcohol, Adventure.
    Dislikes: Corruption, Greed, Harsh Criticism,His "father"
    Outside:Tyruis is a fair-skinned man with a brown ponytail, he has almond-brown eyes , a fair brown-beard that covers his lower face and a light brown hat with blue-lines around. He has blue "pirates" shirt and pants, brown bear leather boots, brown vest with blue and gold stripes around it. He has a brown beltbuckle with a black bullet pouch, and a few hidden blades, he has 2 medium sized daggers and 1 large rapier, some traps, he has a wolf-fur cloak with a quicker of arrows behind it and a crossbow attached onto it. (Imagine the Black Swashbuckler's armor + Tier 9 Rogue )

    Strengths=Expertise on Weapons allows him to survive through sneak attacks and make them himself, also good for dealing with more than 1 espescially with his pet.
    Weaknesses= Powerful Mages, Seduction. Tyruis is a sucker for that.


    Early Life: Tyruis was born in an empty cabin close to Goldshire, he was the bastard child of a thief. His mother was eventually starved to death and later killed by the same man after an argument over the child, he was going to steal him for himself.
    Tyruis cried and shouted..starving and famine..he was near death, he could barely breath anymore..there was no hope. However, a passing priest was sent on a mission from Stormwind..he heard the crying baby and noticed that it was in a room filled with the stench of death and a corpse, after a fight an argument with the Father, he quickly delivered the boy back to the orphanage in Stormwind, he was then taken care of in the Orphanage and had a "Decent" time.

    Childhood-Teen:Not much had happened in these years, he was taught in the languages of Common and Dwarven. He did what every other child had done, be educated in the the arts, from Basic Language to History to Combat. Tyruis always favored History..he knows alot about Azeroth and and a little bit about "Alien Planets". After years passed he mastered Common and Dwarven, knows a tremendously large about of Azeroth's History. He eventually left the Orphanage once being decided too old and looked around for combat-training. However, every now and then he would visit the Chapel and pray, the priests would teach him basic knowledge of the light but Tyruis wasn't really..interested..however they did teach him much about Life and he was grateful for that. He also learned quite alot with the fee with basic hunting for skins.

    When being trained in combat..he was somewhat of a hybrid, A Hybrid of a Rogue and Hunter. His arm-speed allowed him to shoot using a crossbow fairly quick, he was taught quickly how to properly use a flintlock and other guns, he a decent amount of knowledge of camouflage and stealth but chooses to stay in his normal garb if not hunting, he learned the lethal spots of the body and where to strike with his small blades, medium-sized dagger, large-rapier and his fists, he improved his sprinting and running speeds and started to be able to take "Aspects" of beasts, he learned what poisons are useful to kill and what are useful to stun and everything of the sort, he always kept a sharpening stone for any weapon he had. He also learned trapping with nets and magically-infused traps. Finally, he learned the use of a throwing knife and how to use "arcane" and "explosions" into his shots. Now that he knew how to fight..he couldn't stay at the "Operations-Base" forever, he had to find himself shelter and work. ..He looked around in fairly shaded areas...he found an innkeeper who's owner beared..a very awkward ring..it felt so familair but Tyruis just couldn't recouldgnize it, regardless he worked there at day for 5 gold per week and a complementary house, at night he worked as a Beast-Hunter, selling hides of beasts. After weeks of the same repetition he found an interesting tome at a deserted cabin..it smelled rotten of death...it felt all too familiar..he also found a familiar man there..The owner of the Inn, Josh Bridenwald.

    Vengeance,Prooving yourself a man- Tyruis realized what was going on..this was the house he was born in..the innkeeper stole a signet ring that was familiar to him..the family signet ring. However, he didn't know his intentions, he heard a small cackle..Tyruis was at rage,however he realized he had to keep his cool for anything surprising, he stood hiding outside the house..waiting for an opportunity. After almost an hour..Josh fell asleep, he was leaving the house. Unfortunately he didn't..well, a part of him did..his head. Tyruis knew there was no way backing off from this...he ran away with all the gold he had, cleaned his signet ring and put it on..a silver ring with black-runes inscripted into it and a small jewel atop a Golden-mini lion. Tyruis was now 20 years old, he had a decent amount of money from all the hunting he'd made..alot of skill and experience..he ran off to a land where he heard there was Four-foot game and that you'd be rewarded with money, the name was "Nesingwary".




    Reaching Stranglethorn-After days if not weeks of running away, he reached a small dark area named Darkshire..he had a torchlight on his hand as he quickly noticed a fox run to him, he prepared his dagger for a strike as suddenly..the fox quickly dodged it..Tyruis was going to try a different tactic until he realized the fox was friendly..the fox seemed a bit at unease..Tyruis didn't want to kill it or be killed...he found some meat from his savings and gave it to the fox..the fox however decided to follow him after eating.

    Finally Tyruis reached Stranglethorn, however he had to deal with alot of trolls, to get his way through, as he did, however one pesky troll managed to get through him, this troll was skilled and dodged almost every attack..however the fox suddenly raged at it and killed him at a speed unseen before to Tyruis. Tyruis was a skilled hunter at this point and he noticed he had a skilled pet..he named it "Ripper" due to it's ferocity. He found a small spot and set camp and sleeped the night.

    The next day, he reached the camp and talked with the fellow hunters about his adventures through the land, including Hemmet himself., and introduced Ripper. They all shared drinks and foods and stories. Since that day, the adventure began.

    Ripper-Tyruis and Ripper always shared a special bond to each other, I suppose both had a shared rage yet an unknown heart..but that's a story that will be left for later.


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I apolgize if the read is too short or too long..and it might not be extremely good, I haven't rped in a couple of years..Enjoy however .
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2012-09-04 at 02:47 PM.
    Howay the lads!

  2. #2
    Role-player Khorianas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Hall of Blood
    Posts
    1,086
    Welcome to the RP Forums. I have a few things to drop on you regarding your background.

    First of all, I would like more details on his birth, the circumstances in which his mother died (Who killed her, why?) and his father. is the Innkeeper from later in the story his father? How did a thief posess a valuable Signet Ring or even a House name? I must admit I don't really fathom the relationships. Please clarify on that.

    Also, being an orphan with no wealth or status, it is very unlikely that he was even able to learn reading or writing. Let alone history or a foreign language. The only source on literacy, I could come up with is Taretha Foxton, who was just allowed to learn reading after she got Lord Blackmoore's favor (Lord of the Clans) So not even a regular servant of a Lord was literate, I would assume less for a penniless orphan.

    On his combat skills, a rather personal note, I try to stay away from in-game terms as far as possible since it is rather uncreative imho. I think you wanted to express that sentiment by using quotation marks on ingame terms; For in game Rp the skills are all you have got, but exactly that is what makes forum RP so great. The freedom to describe it in detail. Additionally some of the ingame spells are rather, let's say for the lack of a better word "unrealistic" and I would not explicitly use them in RP. Stuns(if overused) and Ressurections for example are a no go.

    As a last note, personally befriending Lore Characters is also usually frowned upon. I however don't know if Hemmet is already considered a big Lore Character, maybe the other roleplayers also have an opinion on that.

    That's my thoughts on the Bio so far. If you can clarify on the thinks i mentioned, you got an interesting Character.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-08-29 at 06:56 AM.

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk GeordieMagpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    U.K,England, Newcastle
    Posts
    1,832
    I totally understand where you're coming from, I'll try to answer some of them, again I'm a "beginner" at best .

    1. I might have to fix the Hemmet Nesingwary thing, they're not really just friends, but rather hunters who socialize..HOWEVER I do understand your troubles and I'll try to change it ASAP.
    2.The Mother died due to the fact she was starved and died, she was basically left to die however there were small supplies until the son was born, the thief also raped her as you can tell. A bit unrealistic but I didn't want to spend forever just on Birth chapter. The thief basically wanted Tyruis to eventually grow up and perhaps be like him..unfortunately he got what was coming to him.

    3.I might of forgot to list this, but he wasn't only in the Orphanage, as I said a priest took him there but every now and then he would visit the Chapel, he however wasn't really "interested" in the "Light" and all the sort, he basically found his way through life by himself.

    4.I suppose I'll agree with the ingame terms thing but I'll be honest, I couldn't really make up something without it being a bit lil' Overpowered.

    5.Yessir, the innkeeper is the father. He stole the signet which was supposed to be passed down to Tyruis, Tyruis eventually realizes this when inspecting the house.

    6.I have no resseructions, I might get one of those goblin electricity zappers that "HAVE A CHANCE TO HEAL and/or revive" someone, the ones used in the Lost isles ..I have first aid skills though.

    7.I have normal hunter traps, and web traps + explosive knockback (not alot) and the pet may try to stun but otherwise I don't have any 15 second stuns or anything overpowered
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2012-08-29 at 11:00 AM.
    Howay the lads!

  4. #4
    Role-player Khorianas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Hall of Blood
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    I totally understand where you're coming from, I'll try to answer some of them, again I'm a "beginner" at best .

    1. I might have to fix the Hemmet Nesingwary thing, they're not really just friends, but rather hunters who socialize..HOWEVER I do understand your troubles and I'll try to change it ASAP.
    Socializing is completely okay. Especially since Hemmet is not a quiet one in game too. It came across as mentoring and that would be a bit much. Being part of his expedition and share a story or two is totally okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    2.The Mother died due to the fact she was starved and died, she was basically left to die however there were small supplies until the son was born, the thief also raped her as you can tell. A bit unrealistic but I didn't want to spend forever just on Birth chapter. The thief basically wanted Tyruis to eventually grow up and perhaps be like him..unfortunately he got what was coming to him.
    Yeah. the unrealistic part kind of knocked me off. I usually don't interfere with Bios, but since you want the same outcome without it being unrealistic, if you don't mind a suggestion: How about if the mother was indeed raped but the thief wanted to keep the kid, when they argued about who gets the child (shortly after birth) They get into a struggle and he kills her and they are interrupted by the priest/ a patrol whatever. Also rather unlikely, but imho not as far fetched as the provisions and staving thing.(Since usually a pregnant woman will get a missbirth before she starves herself) But please, it is your char, so if you want to stay with your version, do so, by all means.



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    3.I might of forgot to list this, but he wasn't only in the Orphanage, as I said a priest took him there but every now and then he would visit the Chapel, he however wasn't really "interested" in the "Light" and all the sort, he basically found his way through life by himself.
    Broadening his horizon is okay. And if he spent the money he earned as a trapper/hunter partially on education i think he could gather the knowledge he has according to your bio. He just wouldn't get it readily in the orphanage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    4.I suppose I'll agree with the ingame terms thing but I'll be honest, I couldn't really make up something without it being a bit lil' Overpowered.
    7.I have normal hunter traps, and web traps + explosive knockback (not alot) and the pet may try to stun but otherwise I don't have any 15 second stuns or anything overpowered
    6.I have no resseructions, I might get one of those goblin electricity zappers that "HAVE A CHANCE TO HEAL and/or revive" someone, the ones used in the Lost isles ..I have first aid skills though.
    The thing with those skills/powes simply is you have to imagine how those would realistically work. Ressurection is just really difficult and basically only possible via Divine intervention or the likes (literal not the old WoW spell)On topic stuns, realistically again, a person is either just a bit dizzy or gets fading vision for a few seconds or out cold. That's why stuns are difficult in RP. If we take explosive shot, you really would have to attach an explsive device to your arrow/bolt and light it and fire it. So it would be difficult to do in a battle etc. I think you got what I was going for. If you describe it well in an RP people will go with it. So fine on that account too. Realistic First aid, like a pressure bandage etc. is also completely okay.



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    5.Yessir, the innkeeper is the father. He stole the signet which was supposed to be passed down to Tyruis, Tyruis eventually realizes this when inspecting the house.
    I assume the seal/Housename is from his mother's side of the family then?

    I think you're on a good way. You also have to know I am not an authority in any way. I give my opinion and you can either go with "well sounds right what you are saying" or "I don't think so, so screw you Khor!" well maybe without the insult
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-08-29 at 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling is hard,...

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk GeordieMagpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    U.K,England, Newcastle
    Posts
    1,832
    I DONT THINK SO SCREW YOU KHOR! ..Nah I kid, thanks for the response..also yes my stuns are difficult somewhat and aren't practical..they need preparation, perhaps the pet can stun with a lethal blow but that's pretty much it. Yes the Seal is from the mom's side. And perhaps I can change the story to what you suggested..thanks for the opinion, I hope my character is somewhat good, with all the changes I've made..what would you say.. out of /10, also I might of over-exaggerated some of the moves, just imagine a realistic version of all the things..not exactly Hawkeye (Avengers'Marvel Comics.) but you get the point , I re-did some of the parts to seem more RP-Fitting. Thank you for your opinion.
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2012-08-29 at 12:20 PM.
    Howay the lads!

  6. #6
    Role-player Khorianas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Hall of Blood
    Posts
    1,086
    I don't give scores since it is rather difficult to factor all of that into ?/10. But I would RP with the character, and that's what counts in the end. The concept was good from the get go, but it just needed some tuning.

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk GeordieMagpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    U.K,England, Newcastle
    Posts
    1,832
    Ah, alright thank you sir I really appreciate it.
    Howay the lads!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •