Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I do not want LFG in the WoW since, a browse tool would be nice, if there isn't one already (I'm still finding all sorts of new frames/panes that I didn't know were there). As for "make some friends", I'm currently just 1 of 3 of my friends playing this game, and the only one above 30, so I mean, sometimes that's hard. Yea, the server communities are pretty good, but there is still a lot of /y spam and it makes finding a group harder.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    While I do not want LFG in the WoW since, a browse tool would be nice, if there isn't one already (I'm still finding all sorts of new frames/panes that I didn't know were there). As for "make some friends", I'm currently just 1 of 3 of my friends playing this game, and the only one above 30, so I mean, sometimes that's hard. Yea, the server communities are pretty good, but there is still a lot of /y spam and it makes finding a group harder.
    Some sort of LFG panel would be nice, definitely. I hope people actually use it though. I know the one in TOR was completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Am I the only one who missed Vanilla/TBC/Early WOTLK and not having a dungeon finder? Grouping up and meeting new people builds a server community.
    Most of the friends I've made were in overflow *chortle*
    Last edited by Maenerd; 2012-08-28 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Ugghhh, yeah. Haven't bought the game yet, but this is something that would slightly put me off. I'd read that there was a method in the game of flagging your interest in doing certain dungeons, as Vicious and Fencers have pointed out on page 1, but I had a funny feeling that people would still resort to just spamming yells in cities anyway.

I'm happy with a TBC-era LFG tool, or just an LFG chat channel, or the existing LFG tab as has been described previously... Just as long as people actually use them. I even would be happy with a full-blown modern-day WoW LFD tool, as I still maintain that it's bad reputation is not because of the tool, but because of the nature of the extrinsic motivation for running dungeons in that game (but that's another story...)

Basically I can't think of anything worse than resorting to yelling as a means of forming groups...

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    2. When one guy leaves in the middle or disconnects we had go out to get another party member and guess what, the whole dungeon completely resets, that really sucks.
    Similarly, if you disconnect or crash during a dungeon, it puts you outside and resets for you. That happened to me on the last boss of AC, so I got nothing from it. >.< But hopefully that's on their fixing agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. theres no LFG you have to shout around areas for pugs unless you happen to have 30 guildies ready to go and perhaps teleport around wasting money.
    There technically is an LFG. Push Y, and look at the icons on the left.

It's not very visible, so people don't seem to know it's there, but... it's there.

If there aren't many people on your server using it, be sure to start shouting around to use it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 04:14 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    Similarly, if you disconnect or crash during a dungeon, it puts you outside and resets for you. That happened to me on the last boss of AC, so I got nothing from it. >.< But hopefully that's on their fixing agenda.
    Same happened to me last night on Manor, felt angry and haven't even dared to finish it even on story mode.

2. When one guy leaves in the middle or disconnects we had go out to get another party member and guess what, the whole dungeon completely resets, that really sucks.
    I did catacomb earlier today and we end up replacing in member cause he dc after the first boss, there was no reset.

I dont want a wow LFG system, I think it destroys the social aspect of dungeoning.
    However, I'd like a better system to find who wants to do a dungeon and pick in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Wow.. what would you want the crap LFG for? it's actually fun to make your own dungeon... I rather do one in a day than 10 per day... that one will surely be worth it.

Reminds me of Aion first ops dungeon times.. it was freaking AWESOME....
    exactly....OP smoke a J and chill out, theres no sub fee and no real gear climb....just relax and enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zem View Post
    I did catacomb earlier today and we end up replacing in member cause he dc after the first boss, there was no reset.
    As long as 1 member remains inside the instance it wont reset, i know i crashed mid run while doing it with a few friends, i simply logged back on, walked back into the dungeon and we continued on like nothing happened.

@ OP i believe i answered one of your problems... as for the second there is a LFG.... so idk why you're complaining there isn't one...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Ye i agree on the 2nd point happened to me yesterday was annoying

Wait, you guys can zone into dungeons? My groups always get scattered into different instances anytime we try to join one. It's kind of... extreeemely annoying considering I've done one story mode dungeon since launch and formed at least 5 groups for others that didn't happen due to this.

And while I'm complaining, a few friends and I went out to the Cursed Coast to complete that long event chain together to get new chest pieces. The very last (Literally, the VERY last) event in an entire chain of around 10 events doesn't have the cauldrons you need to kill in order to complete it. The karma vendor doesn't spawn until the event is complete, so yeah. We had no option but to fail it. And so that entire hour was virtually wasted. Not to mention mobs were spawning at an absolutely ridiculous rate in a few of the events. We literally had to play an utterly annoying game of whack-a-mole and eventually got all of our cooldowns syncs and knocked them out. Still frustating to go through so much just to have a silly bug stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    I would like to see a version of the old LFG system in wow. Just click up which dungeon you want to do and then browse the other people looking for a group.
    Yeah, this system was pretty good, meant you could stuff while still making sure people knew you were up for it.

Deleted
    Well the dungeon resetting sounds like it's buggy, or maybe not everyone should leave the instance.
    I'm more then happy that there isn't an automated LFG tool and i hope they don't add it in the future.

Please god, no LFG.

I'd just like to see a message board system like GW1 had it.

I'm not sure what GW2's is like, I tried using it and all it did was flag me LFG. It needs to have a bit more functionality than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Achyra View Post
    The only one? No.
    Do I miss it? Hell no. I stopped rolling pure dps classes because 'LF2M Tank and Heals' started to make me loathe the game. LFG is, for me at least, one of the best additions to the game.
    That is why I switched from rogue to priest, with the advent of lfg I'm a mage now, probably for good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok i tried my first dungeon at ascalon catacombs, nice and hardish but theres some things that really bother me:

1. theres no LFG you have to shout around areas for pugs unless you happen to have 30 guildies ready to go and perhaps teleport around wasting money.

so not only do you have to pug around some field throwing messages but hope that no one disconnects or leaves. Thats stupid.
    You're probably just spoiled with the way other games have their dungeons. This game isnt for you if that's the case. This is how dungeons were, this game won't be holding your hands on some things.

Deleted
    no i dont like rift/wow/swtor lfg. it makes people stand in a city and waiting or what about the excitement when getting there for the first time etc? D: i love to shout!