Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    So focus burn and interrupt the hybrid. /end thread

Seems like Hunters are just upset because they have been balanced in 5.04 and want heads to roll!
    go play a low level bg with 3,4,5 dps trying to burn and interrupt a healer while all the healer does is stand there and outheal everything that gets thrown at him with no mana loss...tell me how much fun you'll have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Those casters run oom fast from self healing.
    Spriests don't. They actually can heal longer than disc.

Deleted
    I honestly don't understand why he's complaining about warriors' healing ticking for 13k~ at 400k HP at 35% when rogues currently have recup constantly healing for 6.5k at 160k~ HP pools.

Shamans go oom if they spam heal. So do priests. Rets are pretty terrible. I've not played moonkin/feral but several friends of mine, who are serious and have always been serious about PvP, have been extensively testing arena every day on beta for 2 months or more now - they stream and I've watched several other streams where they fight a number of other high rated players as a bunch of different comps (from each side).

Hybrid healing is powerful but I honestly don't think that's a bad thing, these last couple seasons have had shadowpriests heal for very respectable amounts if played correctly (eg. Talbadar's play style that anyone can check by youtubing wow tournaments) and I never had a problem with it. Hybrid healing brings a lot more diversity into the game, so long as they can't do a healer's job as well as the actual healer can and are always at a disadvantage (be it going out of mana, healing for less, not being able to DPS while assisting, etc.) that's perfectly okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Spriests don't. They actually can heal longer than disc.
    Yeah, they do.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2012-08-29 at 11:12 PM.

if anyone has been playing currently at 85, the healing is utterly ridiculous and i don't really see how being 90 is going to fix it.

Tbh, swap that Hunter with a frost mage or arms warrior and we'll probably actually see some actual damage. Hunters out of BM CDs are nothing.

Burst and hybrid healing is completely out of control atm. Kinda fun really Got almost globalled by a destro lock (5k res) and saw 100k healing touch crits from an astral lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Baene55 View Post
    go play a low level bg with 3,4,5 dps trying to burn and interrupt a healer while all the healer does is stand there and outheal everything that gets thrown at him with no mana loss...tell me how much fun you'll have.
    This, kind of ... maybe at 90 it will be balanced enough, but I must wonder about 10-89.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

whoever thought that 1.5 second cd WoG for rets that scale on ap would be ok needs to be fired asap from the dev team.
    Last edited by Illana; 2012-08-30 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baene55 View Post
    Yep, if you miss an interrupt/healer jukes it, it all goes to hell from there.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

While I agree healing is OP right now mainly from pure healers this video is a poor judge of that. Most of the specs were getting close to going OOM from spamming heals (and doing no dps). The hunter also did not use Silencing Shot, Trang Shot, Scatter Shot, no traps, and here's the big one...no Widow Venom which is a 25% healing debuff. I've been playing the beta for months and I have played live since the patch hit and hunters have been wrecking people. Why does he not show that in his video? They also can heal 20% of their health in less than 10 seconds without doing anything.

Biased video is biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    While I agree healing is OP right now mainly from pure healers this video is a poor judge of that. Most of the specs were getting close to going OOM from spamming heals (and doing no dps). The hunter also did not use Silencing Shot, Trang Shot, Scatter Shot, no traps, and here's the big one...no Widow Venom which is a 25% healing debuff. I've been playing the beta for months and I have played live since the patch hit and hunters have been wrecking people. Why does he not show that in his video? They also can heal 20% of their health in less than 10 seconds without doing anything.

Biased video is biased.
    i dont understand why people keep saying he never used scatter/silence etc are you guys blind or watching another video?

hybrid healing and warriors? come on its only @35% and 1 dd can easily dmg through it...
    healing no scaling as good as dmg in mop (with lvl 90) so no problem there.
    classes like ret pala/enh shaman still need to hit something to be able to heal(okay ret pala can also heal abit without hitting) -->cite them/cc them
    boomkins and shadow priest can cast healings in there forms BUT thats the point of playing hybrid classes. if they try to damage and heal they go oom very fast.

Rejuv - 16% of base mana. That's 2981 or roughly 3% of your mana.
    Healing Touch - 28% of base mana. That's 5217 or roughly 5% of your mana.

Every eclipse grants you 35% mana. You can move freely between eclipses very quickly due to pvp 4 set and talents. Boomkins never go oom. I would have to innervate prepatch, now it is not even on my bars. Hybrid healing for huge amounts (my boomkin HT heals for around 80k non crit, rejuv is stupid strong I just keep it up all the time now like recuperate) and I never run out of mana. Hell, sometimes I don't even dps I just heal people around me depending on if that will win the fight or not.

It is broken right now. I had looked forward to this like I did the previous prepatches because there was so much PvP because that was all there was to do. Not this time around. It is just not fun. Just going to cap honor on my alts and do RAF leveling for my monk...

Deleted
    I have a great solution since hybrid tax no longer exist and with mop changes a hybrid in a dps spec should not any healing spells from the healing spec tree.

Hybrids having equal dmg and healing is op v dmg and no healing. You want to self heal then you do less dmg in PvP. The hybrid dmg issue is a PvE prob with major impact on PvP, (as is Blood Tank mechanics) each class should have the same overall surv+healing+dmg total in PvE and PvP. More of 1 less of another(s). This equation isnt working at the moment.

Similarly Cata turned into most healers usually win BG affair, count the healers and place your bets - 1 healer > 2-3 dps, so in a 10 man BG 10 dps = 10 and 9 dps + 1 healer = 12/13 (6 dps + 4 healers = 14/18!). Healing slots would make for fairer and more enjoyable BGs. Healers would be paired in queue and be assigned together 1 each side so BGs have the same number of healers be it none or 4 aside depending on number in the queue.
    Last edited by Aaryki; 2012-08-31 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    I noticed recently that (ret pala) my heals have been rather bad in BGs. Guess stealth nerfs happened overnight!