Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    know the draft order by chance?
    It will be randomly set one hour before the draft so no one can call me corrupt lol.

At present the live draft is being set for Sunday at 6pm EST. I still have time to alter that if for some reason a majority of people sudden;y can't make it.

One person is still missing from the league so whoever you are join it damn you.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-31 at 01:00 PM.

may have to reopen the last spot to someone else

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    may have to reopen the last spot to someone else
    Let me know for sure. Still waiting on one person to join so if you have to drop I might just cut it to 10 teams if they don't join by tomorrow when I have to lock the league for scoring to start this week.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Let me know for sure. Still waiting on one person to join so if you have to drop I might just cut it to 10 teams if they don't join by tomorrow when I have to lock the league for scoring to start this week.
    I meant cause whoever the 12th person is isnt joining, so you might just need to send a new invite to someone else

15+ Year Old Account
    I meant cause whoever the 12th person is isnt joining, so you might just need to send a new invite to someone else
    Oh okay. I'm going to give them until about 6pm tomorrow night. I think Pen, Javiers, Dray, Irony, Killer, Arlee, Vetali, Logonov, you and myself are in for sure. Thats 10. I'm pretty sure buck is in too. Which I think leaves berg. I'll send him another message to check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Oh okay. I'm going to give them until about 6pm tomorrow night. I think Pen, Javiers, Dray, Irony, Killer, Arlee, Vetali, Logonov, you and myself are in for sure. Thats 10. I'm pretty sure buck is in too. Which I think leaves berg. I'll send him another message to check.
    Yes, if you don't know which team name is mine, you don't know me very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to make my team name fairly obvious

Yea, I'm in there already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprising "Oh the Irony" is in fact me.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is 3rd and Long I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only I could make the live draft...I'd join

yay it is full GL everybody... YOURE GONNA NEED IT! Havent done any 12 team leagues before so should be fun
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-09-01 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay it is full GL everybody... YOURE GONNA NEED IT! Havent done any 12 team leagues before so should be fun
    I got 2 12 teams.

And this is my first year of fantasy.

Going to be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going in blind.

Is there gonna be a list of players when we're picking, or is that something we need to have beforehand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm going in blind.

Is there gonna be a list of players when we're picking, or is that something we need to have beforehand?
    If its anything like what I did before, you get a full roster list you can organize by position and search by player. Then you have a queue list you can drag players into so it makes it easier. You get a few mins to set that up I believe.

Con can probably confirm / deny that though. Might be diff.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going in blind.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....lobby=standard

I'd recommend going there and trying a mock draft or two to get familiar with how the system works so you don't accidentally take a kicker or something with your first pick.

I'm going in blind.

The site themselves rank the players in how they determine their value. You ofc dont have to agree but its generally a decent guideline for player value.

A few tips fantasy players generally use are things like:
    *Be wary of bye weeks, nothing sucks more than having both your starting and backup QB off on the same week (the site will tell you each players bye week)
    *Handcuff injury prone RBs, this means draft the starter and later draft the backup just in case the starter does get hurt again you are not completely screwed
    *Separate players into tiers, so if you think Rodgers/Brady/Brees are all 1st tier players its less important which of those 3 you pick, but if only Brees/Newton are left the difference is much larger between the 2 so its more important that you take Brees before hes gone if you want a top tier QB.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-09-01 at 11:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Additional tip:
    -Don't be lured into drafting a kicker before the last round because someone starts a run on them in the 7-9th rounds by taking Janikowski, Gostowski, etc. The point difference you get from picking a kicker in the last round compared to a mid round is nowhere close to worth the return. Last year the difference from kicks 2 through 10 was 18 points so just over one point a week from a guy taken in the 7th round to a guy taken in the 15th.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of expected length of time does it take?

15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of expected length of time does it take?
    45 minutes or so depending on how long people take with their picks.