Deleted

Mini ITX gaming build !!

hello !

i want to purchase a new computer... and i would like to do this build :

case : bitfenix Prodigy
    PSU : Corsair HX650W
    Mobo: Asus p8z77-i (i need wifi )
    CPU : I5 3570K
    Cooling : Be Quiet! Dark rock 2 ( because noctua is too big )
    Ram : G-skill Ripjaws Z series 8Gb 2400Mhz CL10
    GPU : Asus GTX670 Direct CU II 2GD5 2GB
    SSD : crucial M4 128Gb
    HDD : 1To Seagate

what do you think about this build ?
    i really LOVE the new Bitfenix that's why i want to do a mini ITX build.

But i have a question :
    does the CPU cooler fit with the graphic card ? i've seen some videos it seem like yes because there is 1 side without Fan but i prefer ask before.

Thanks !

PS : sorry for my english - hold your grammar nazy :P

Nice build. I thought about getting the Prodigy myself, but haven't yet.

I think the Corsair Vengeance Low Profile White RAM kit would look better than the G-Skill. (http://www.corsair.com/memory-by-pro...2a1600c9w.html). G-Skill makes a great product, but I just think the white would look better. That's a personal choice.

You could also do a Corsair H100 in the top of the case instead of the Be Quiet cooler. I assume you aren't using a CD-ROM as it's not listed so the H100 would fit nicely in the top.
    Last edited by Perderder; 2012-08-28 at 08:41 PM.

Deleted
    thanks for your reply.

yes why not for white ram :P look pretty good

I don't think H100 will be a good choise, i explain : i have an Antec Khuler 620 and the fans are very noisy.

I think first of all it's "overkill" because u can't OC too much this CPU.

And a Noctua/Be quiet will be more silent. (i think)

What do you think about it ?

I don't have any experience with Be Quiet, but the Noctua fans will be quieter than the H100 fans. You should be able to get a fairly nice overclock with the H100 and you could always get better fans for it.

May I quietly suggest something such as this to get you more airflow into the case:

http://www.startech.com/Computer-Par...Bay~FANDRIVEBK

If one were using a liquid cooler, it wouldn't be needed, but air cooling both the GPU and CPU (especially overclocked) in a case like that is going to need a wee bit more airflow than a rear exhaust.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    May I quietly suggest something such as this to get you more airflow into the case:

http://www.startech.com/Computer-Par...Bay~FANDRIVEBK

If one were using a liquid cooler, it wouldn't be needed, but air cooling both the GPU and CPU (especially overclocked) in a case like that is going to need a wee bit more airflow than a rear exhaust.
    It's important to note that those things are fricking loud!

Yeah I was just thinking that there's no way to control the speed after installing them since they use molex connections.

@OP - Perhaps you could reverse the rear exhaust as an intake, and install at least one fan on the top bracket as exhaust.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've built 2 of these in the last number of months, as both of my sons' laptops finally died.

Plays WoW on a 2MP display (1920x1080) on high-max at about 50fps; almost completely silent, temperatures are nice.

I used this case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Tpk=pc-tu200b $170

The case is much more expensive than the typical case, but it looks like a small guitar amp, and is very well set up - there are no sharp edges at all, and it's got a very convenient carry handle - everything pops out with thumbscrews and is obviously very well built and looks great.
    Partspicker doesn't have it in its list, so I mentioned it up here.

The two systems I set up had i5-2500's unlike the 3500 in the list below. I've left out other obvious stuff from the list as well (keyboard mouse windows dvd 5.25" floppy and micro wifi dongle); total system (not including a monitor) from newegg was $1126 (includes tax & shipping) - prices from a few months ago, looks like it would be $50-80 less today.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus P8H61-M LE/CSM (REV 3.0) Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($76.97 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($62.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 2GB Video Card ($174.98 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Rosewill 500W ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $604.91
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-28 23:19 EDT-0400)
    Last edited by tyggyr; 2012-08-29 at 03:31 AM.

Deleted
    hey!

thanks for your reply !

tyggyr :
    already seen this case but i don't like it, as i said before i want to do a mini ITX build juste because of the new bitfenix

juste saw a video this morning (check bitfenix channel on youtube ) and they use this one : Prolimatech Megahalem Black Edition

it fit perfectly with a HD7970.

for the ram if i you buy low profile ram u can even install a push/pull fan !

I'm planning a Prodigy build myself.

A few things to note:

-EVGA is releasing a Z77 ITX board pretty soon.
    -A Noctua NH-D14 will fit on that board and in that case if you do not need a CD/DVD drive. So will an H100.
    -A CM Hyper 212+ Evo will fit with a CD/DVD drive in push/pull.
    -It will fit a 7970 if you want to go that route.

Good luck man. Post pictures!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    I'm planning a Prodigy build myself.

A few things to note:

-EVGA is releasing a Z77 ITX board pretty soon.
    -A Noctua NH-D14 will fit on that board and in that case if you do not need a CD/DVD drive. So will an H100.
    -A CM Hyper 212+ Evo will fit with a CD/DVD drive in push/pull.
    -It will fit a 7970 if you want to go that route.

Good luck man. Post pictures!
    thanks for this infos!

mhhh.... did they anounce when the new board will be released ?
    this MB keep your USB on when you turn off your pc ? because i have an Asrock Extreme4 and when i switch off my pc the usb turn off too ( it's hard to charge my razer mamba lol) and it seems like only asus motherboard keep your USB on when your pc is off.

for the graphic card i already have a 7950 Oc edition (quite same performance than a normal 7970) so would like to try the Asus GTX graphic card :P

Deleted
    SO !

final build will be :

Bitfenix prodigy
    Asus p8z77-I DELUXE.
    Be Quiet! straight power 580W 80+ Gold.
    Intel i5 3750K.
    Noctua NH-u9B SE2.
    Asus GTX 670 DCU2 2gb.
    Corsair vengeance low profile 8gb 1600Ghz (white :P).
    crucial M4 128Gb.
    Seagate 1TO.

add 2 fans :

front panel : bitfenix spectre all white 200mm
    back : bitfenix spectre all white 140mm

i'll don't add on top 2 more fans because i think they will (i don't know the word lol ) disrupt/bother the air flow who's coming from front to back.