Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I agree. Even developers like Blizzard have issues, and yes while they are experienced with dealing with it, they still can't predict what is going to happen when a massive amount of people log in. People think the issues with GW2 is bad? Try playing WoW on a day when a new expansion is released. You'd be lucky if your server doesn't crash multiple times, or for several hours.
    I mustve been extremely lucky then during the WotLK and Cataclysm launches. WotLK had a few server restarts at short notice to fix some stuck quests, but I otherwise had no problems with either expansion. I do admit though that their account registration servers died on the first day of release in vanilla, but there were no major issues in the days that followed. I missed TBC launch by about 4 days due to illness so cant comment on that.

You've never played WoW on the day an expansion releases, have you?
    Been subscribed since a wee bit after release, December 05. I can't recall not being able to create a party in WoW. Auction house errors? I remember a few here and there, none that ever lasted more than a day though.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    When your companies options are to release early ahead of a WoW expansion, or push it back and contend with it? You go early.

You've never played WoW on the day an expansion releases, have you?
    What does this have to do with this thread? Trying to start a flame war?

You can always point the finger at something that's even worse than the problem discussed. Doesn't make it any better though.

Luckily, I haven't had that many problems yet aside from not being able to log in often and lag. Doesn't make it any better for others either.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2012-08-28 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post
    I'm getting kind of sick of the "It's an MMO release, of course it'll be broken huehue" excuse. No, not acceptable, and it's amazing that game companies have managed to get their customers to not only accept, but argue FOR, their broken, faulty product that does not work as intended.

Honestly, real life products would never, ever be allowed that excuse. Imagine if a major company like Apple released a new product that flat out only did 50% of what it was meant to, or you couldnt use it for 2 days after you'd bought it, or it just straight up didn't work. You think everyone would say "oh it's a new product / technology on release, of course there will be problems!" or do you think they'd bitch, moan, complain and try to sue the seven shits out of Apple?

I'm sorry but to me dungeons, trade markets, and party and guild systems are absolute cornerstone facets of an MMO (parties and guilds especially). That's the point of an MMO, to play with people and friends, otherwise you might as well play a single player game, and for it to take 4 days and counting for these things to be working at even a basic level in some cases is absolutely ridiculous. If it had been a few hours or even a day, i'd understand it, but this long is ridiculous.

I love the game, I really do so far, but when Arenanet seemed to put more effort into fixing the damn Gem store so that people could give them money in exchange for some in-game aesthetic sunglasses or a hat whilst I was unable to be a part of the guild I had founded, or run a dungeon with friends, or PvP against other people, or seemingly interact in almost any way with other human beings in the game, I got pissed.

EDIT: and at present, character creation is broken. HA! Try telling me THAT isn't a vital part of an MMO that should absolutely be working for a major release.
    A lot of this is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    When your companies options are to release early ahead of a WoW expansion, or push it back and contend with it? You go early.
    True. But customers don't care about any excuses that companies make. They pay money and expect something in return. That's also the reason why the "Blizzard makes so much money they owe me more content!" argument doesn't make any sense, it's just the other way around this time.

Probably the only reason to break this behavior should be when there are unethical business practices involved (child labor etc.). Then there should be more involved than just "money vs value".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    1. Playing with friends works now. If it still isn't working for you I suggest re-installing.
    2. Trading Post will be up shortly. If you aren't satisfied with that, you clearly didn't play Diablo 3 at launch.

All in all, this is probably the smoothest MMO rollout I have ever been a party of.
    This is sickening and what is wrong with a large part of the fanboys here on mmo champ for gw2. When it's other games having problems the sky is black and they're bad games. The issues gw2 is having? It's ok because it's gw2! Seriously?

OT: I think the connectivity and grouping issues are worse on some servers than it is on others that is why some people are having problems while others aren't.

I still think the whole overflow system has to go sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by yuca247; 2012-08-28 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    This is sickening and what is wrong with a large part of the fanboys here on mmo champ for gw2. When it's other games having problems the sky is black and they're bad games. The issues gw2 is having? It's ok because it's gw2! Seriously?

OT: I think the connectivity and grouping issues are worse on some servers than it is on others that is why some people are having problems while others aren't.

Or it's because people are being ridiculous over a game that JUST officially released TODAY. Even if it was a game I didn't play, I would still have the same stance, especially when it comes to MMO's. You really shouldn't group everyone and call them "fanboys", it can get you into trouble. Just sayin'.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    What does this have to do with this thread? Trying to start a flame war?

You can always point the finger at something that's even worse than the problem discussed. Doesn't make it any better though.

Luckily, I haven't had that many problems yet aside from not being able to log in often and lag. Doesn't make it any better for others either.
    No, it was more sarcasm then anything. My point was, MMO's, especially ones with large player-bases, will have problems when a new patch/expansion is released. This is no different, because a large amount of people played for the 3-day head start. I was just saying if you had played WoW, or really any other MMO, you'd understand there will be hiccups. Not trying to start a war....

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post

I wont speak for anybody else but personaly I had the very realistic expectation of a few technical hickups at launch. That is normal with something of this size and I'm confident they will be delt with as soon as possible. While the issues I've seen are somewhat anoying they are far from game breaking, after all I'm playing just fine. Now if you'd rather deal with login queues instead of an overflow server or would rather they take the servers down so you cant play at all while they try and fix technical dificulties with some systems there are other MMO's out there that will cater to your wishes.

Who is John Galt?

The grouping is pretty crappy right now. I joined a group with my GF, and we saw each other once in about 4 hours...

I think the issue is that it's really busy, so you're pretty much always in an overflow shard. Especially in the initial areas. And given that there's probably more overflow shards than real shards right now, the odds of you getting into the same one as your party members is pretty slim. It should lock you together, keep capacity of a shard at around 75% so they can bring party members in, even when it's "full"... Only way they could have tested this would be to have a BWE with only one realm up to force everyone together, or put the shard capacity down.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, I guess.

Like all things Anet they had to overcomplicate everything and now these 2 major things are broken.

These things will likely sort themselves out relatively quickly, I am guessing 2 weeks to have an acceptable tradebroker and to have overflow adjusted so its not breaking up parties.

More worrying to me is the poor optomisation and performance in WvWvW as this is major end game for a lot of people.

This is the only upside of missing both the guild wars 2 launch and Diablo 3 launch cause of my job(working at sea) when i get back home the major bugs are ironed out and i can play the game without grief :P

Oh well, any issues i'm sure are being worked on.
    Sure you wont lose any sleep over it.

After all the server downtime and graphical glitches and issues with other mmo launches, I'm just glad i can log on and play. I'd rather have the AH down than the whole server.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    you don't release a multiplayer game without the ability to play with friends.

It's pretty broken and unacceptable. No amount of people saying it's acceptable is going to make it acceptable to me. Sure, I'm definitely ranting, but I'm pretty sure it's justified.
    Just wondering have you tried to right click the character's name in your party and clicked join in "zone" while you were on the same map? Every time I've wound up on a diff. overflow than my friends I've clicked that and poof done I'm in the same overflow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengel View Post
    Just wondering have you tried to right click the character's name in your party and clicked join in "zone" while you were on the same map? Every time I've wound up on a diff. overflow than my friends I've clicked that and poof done I'm in the same overflow.
    Unfortunately we've tried it every time. In the past few days we would have to log in and out maybe 5-7 times before that option would actually work. However, today for whatever reason it didn't work after more than 45 minutes of doing so.

I think as others have said that this is only affecting certain servers.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Ok, I wasn't understanding your complaint without that tidbit

What part of *This just came out today its a new game* is people not getting. yes this is 2012 but that dose not change the fact new mmo's come out with bugs the game is not officially 24hrs old yet *will be in 2hrs* give it time. if this problem is still there after a week then i can see getting mad but the first 72hrs-1Week of a new mmo is the worse time cause of bugs..or in some peoples eyes the best.

/End Rant
    /End Thread.

Ps: Give Anet credit they have been on the ball since the headstart and have even done a ton of stress tests this month. 400k on the headstart and maybe 1million + today and most if not all can log in and quest.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-08-29 at 02:14 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of whining did you check out all the options available in the game? Did you try right clicking your friend in party and click join? I've had 0 issues grouping with friends and we have a full group.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I like this game, a lot. But I'm somewhat shocked that Arenanet has released a game with the following two vital features not functioning:

1. Broken grouping system. As I type this, my friend and I have spent upwards of 20 minutes now logging in and out, dropping in and out of party and fruitlessly trying to join in on each other's game. No luck.

You don't release an MMO without players being able to play with their friends. That's the ENTIRE basis of an MMO.

2. Broken trade market. This again, is another gigantic facet of any MMO. The fact that the game has released and players don't have access to such a necessity is not acceptable.

This is no longer beta, and no one can apply the "it's headstart access of course there will be issues". Coming from someone who has taken part in a handful of AAA MMO / multiplayer game launches, this is one of the most frustrating so far, and definitely should (and could) have been worked out before release.
    Agreed with the grouping system problem. It must be fixed and I believe it will be very soon. It was broken in BWE1 and I believe it was fixed around BWE2 and it worked OK in BWE3 and the stress tests.

Trade market is a must for others, for me it's not a game breaker. Still this has to be fixed.

These issues were corrected in BWE3 so I'm not sure why things were broken if Quality Control with version control was being done correctly to ensure the game was still functioning correctly for release.

An additional game breaker for me which most have probably not seen yet is the unbearable "stuck in a place" bug. This usually happens during combat where you might be temporarily immobilized and when it wears off and you're able to cast, you're still unable to move no matter what. This will cause problems in large scale combat and the only way I've seen to correct it is either start another battle with something that throws you around or select a way point. If you're in a large scale battle where the target creature has moved away, you lose the battle because you had to select a way point to break from the stuck bug.

Most players probably have not seen this yet. It existed in Guild Wars and was rare there also. Most players probably don't think anything of it because they just way point out. But for me, it's a game breaker.

I love the game and am happy with the progress so far. Of my 10 accounts, I have characters 14 or above on each account. I'm taking my time and getting everything completed in an area before moving to the next major area. I'm playing 5 rangers and 5 necromancers. I've also got a second team of 5 elementalists that I'm going to level up on the necromancers accounts.

Worldwide (and name variations there of) - Level 16 Ranger
    Temor (name variations there of) - Level 15 Necromancer
    Prepared (name variations there of) - Level 5 Elementalist

I play on the Anvil Rock server which doesn't do well in World PvP battles - at least not yet. Which realm is going to dominate in World PvP?