Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

1 sec delay when i use a spell

So I just bought the game.Made a Warrior at Gandara server and I noticed that I have a 1 sec whenever I use a spell.I used the task manager trick to see how much ping I have and it says 230.So this is not a really good experience for me,especially since I'm a PvP player.What should I do?My connection is fine since i had 65 at WoW and other games.Should I change server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Launch day woes. Have had worse lag on WoW patch days.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazert View Post
    So I just bought the game.Made a Warrior at Gandara server and I noticed that I have a 1 sec whenever I use a spell.I used the task manager trick to see how much ping I have and it says 230.So this is not a really good experience for me,especially since I'm a PvP player.What should I do?My connection is fine since i had 65 at WoW and other games.Should I change server?
    Where are you located, roughly? US? Europe? Australia?

Deleted
    Europe(Greece)

It's usually in excess of 3 seconds for me.I may as well be controlling a mars rover.

Europe(Greece)
    I assume you're on a European server, then? If not, that's your problem and it makes total sense (I would expect a 250ms ping, at least, from Greece to Texas in the US). If you are, I'll also say "launch day woes".

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I play from Latin america (chile, the farthest away from the USA yay .-.) with a 4mb speed internet, haven't had any issue with delay excepting for day1 (and hopefully will upgrade my internet speed up to at least 10 mb)

Deleted
    Yes,I play on Gandara EU.

Deleted
    I usually get 250ms on World of Warcraft Maybe reduce your Graphics and See if anything is background downloading e.g. Skype.

99% of the time its server lag so just chill with it, it will smooth out over the coming days.

EDIT@ My friend plays on Gandara and i want to aswell, is it full and can i get on it if it is full :P?
    Last edited by mmoc085a63d90a; 2012-08-28 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snatat View Post
    I usually get 250ms on World of Warcraft Maybe reduce your Graphics and See if anything is background downloading e.g. Skype.

99% of the time its server lag so just chill with it, it will smooth out over the coming days.

EDIT@ My friend plays on Gandara and i want to aswell, is it full and can i get on it if it is full :P?
    Why should I reduce my Graphics?My fps is like 40 when I have a delay.

Deleted
    Any chance ur using 2-handed swords ?

Why should I reduce my Graphics?My fps is like 40 when I have a delay.
    Can you explain me the task manager trick for the ping? Appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed a certain "squishiness" when it comes to weapon skills but it tends to come and go.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Can you explain me the task manager trick for the ping? Appreciated.
    Sure.
    Press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to open the task-manager, then open the Performance Tab and click the Resource Monitor-button
    In the Resource Monitor, open the Network-tab, then tick GW2.exe
    Click TCP Connections below, and read the number written under Latency (ms).
    (From Reddit)

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Any chance ur using 2-handed swords ?
    Not yet.
    Last edited by mmocd05365eb49; 2012-08-28 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Try to diactivate auto-attack (ctl+right click on the first skill )

Hows now ?

Sure.
    Press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to open the task-manager, then open the Performance Tab and click the Resource Monitor-button
    In the Resource Monitor, open the Network-tab, then tick GW2.exe
    Click TCP Connections below, and read the number written under Latency (ms).
    (From Reddit)

Not yet.
    Thanks, it flutuates from 110 and 150. sometimes I get the delay stuff, but not really too much. But I'm sure you know some weapons feel alot slowers than it "should"

Deleted
    I play on Desolation EU and noticed some laggs. Checked the ping of it by Task-manager - its from 160 to 300 ms. Pretty badly, in wow i have 50-70 ms.

Deleted
    Today was official launch, lag was much higher than during the week end obviously. I expect it to settle down in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is lag on the overflow servers, once you get into your server, everything is fine.

I'm playing on Gandara EU as well and have a similar delay, sometimes much worse. In the Wayfarer Foothills for example it was feeling like a 2-3 second delay. I'm assuming it's just because of an influx of people today due to the official launch being today. Hopefully it'll be better later on, there's unfortunately nothing you can do on your end to fix it.