Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
102
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    Yeah, Warmachine can't be beat in the tabletop minis world.
    I'm really interested in the tabletop RPG that comes out next month. My connection at Gencon didn't matter the way the book sold out.
    I have only recently started playing Warmachine and really like it so far. I bought the starter set (Khador and Menoth) so I could play games with friends as they are all 40k players. Now I'm working on building a Khador Army

    My main interest is painting, I recently made a blog, which doesn't really function as a blog, I just used it mainly to host pics on to be inserted into another mini gaming forum I use. Here is the blog if anyone is interested http://keyholepainting.wordpress.com/ There is hardly any descriptions but you can see my Khador Man hunter and also a kinda speed paint tutorial I did of a Blood drinker Marine.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,076
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    A good place for the OP to ask would be http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/cmps_index.php its a dedicated 40k forum. Theres army list subsections where you get a lot of feedback for it

    Used this site my self to ask about my IG army lists. Hope it helps.
    Alright cool thanks! I had never heard of these forums will check them out

  3. #23
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    I used to have substantial Space Wolf and Ork armies and a Dark Elf fantasy army, but I moved to America and my Mum gave them away. So angry.

    Wish I could find Necromunda for sale though, much cheaper and quicker to play.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,247
    Oh wow WH40k!, I havent seen anything about this (apart from the games) for a long time! I used to have a 1000 point blood angels army, my baal predator was my pride and joy <3

    Also had a small 500 point Tau army, they were fun, but blood angels are my first love ^^

  5. #25
    I used to have a big Imperial Guard army around 5k points. Never found a place to play where I live now and started selling it when times got hard.

    I miss playing, RTS games just dont give the same feel

  6. #26
    I have just started collecting them, (i have the orc army from assault on black reach plus some various others, a killa kan and some fast attack units, i also have a chaos battlepack with a thousand sons squad, a defiler, some lesser daemons and a sorcerer lord) but i find i dont have a steady enough hand to paint them, so any tips on that would be helpful, also for anyone into the lore the space marine battles book are amazing reads, i've read; fall of damnos, hunt for voldorius, the gildar rift, battle of the fang, legion of the damned and wrath of iron, also i am just starting architect of fate and so far its great!

    Also, this had to be done...

    Milk for the khorne flakes!

    P.S. was a real shame that DM isnt gonna be an MMO cause i wouldve loved it but still I can always resort to destroying the imperium in Space Marine :P
    Last edited by Thenamedosentfi; 2012-08-30 at 09:06 PM.
    Have faith in the light,
    And the strength of its weilders.

  7. #27
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Oh wow WH40k!, I havent seen anything about this (apart from the games) for a long time! I used to have a 1000 point blood angels army, my baal predator was my pride and joy <3

    Also had a small 500 point Tau army, they were fun, but blood angels are my first love ^^
    Red Rage rolls are annoying for Blood Angels though. Or... Red something... That makes them stupid good at assault. It's ok though, my pathfinders would kill them before they got to assault!

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    3,981
    So how much $$ would it cost someone to start from scratch? Is 1000 a point army the standard starter size? Sorry, don't know anything about WH40k, but I've marveled at the figurines since I was a little kid
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    So how much $$ would it cost someone to start from scratch? Is 1000 a point army the standard starter size? Sorry, don't know anything about WH40k, but I've marveled at the figurines since I was a little kid
    Well the starter set which is 500 points (give or take) is about 120$ so if you buy 2 of those and an HQ its about 300$. Add your codex and rulebook... soooo 400... OH! and paint dice templates etcetc.... sooo... maybe 500$ dollars to start?

    You don't have to do it all at once though. Like I have my codex, paint and dice ect plus a couple of figurines and going to buy the rest later.And most tournament are 1000 points, but fun games are more like 500.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well the starter set which is 500 points (give or take) is about 120$ so if you buy 2 of those and an HQ its about 300$. Add your codex and rulebook... soooo 400... OH! and paint dice templates etcetc.... sooo... maybe 500$ dollars to start?

    You don't have to do it all at once though. Like I have my codex, paint and dice ect plus a couple of figurines and going to buy the rest later.And most tournament are 1000 points, but fun games are more like 500.
    Do you mean the starter armies or the starter set? If you get the starter box set you get two small armies, rulebook, dice and templates (everything you need basically except modelling stuff like paints and glue) The figures in the starter set are made so they can be clicked together so you don't even need glue to start with.

  11. #31
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,285
    Nids player here. We are without number!
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  12. #32
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,794
    Wow, I suddenly have the urge to dig out my Tyranid army. It's been so long. Thanks for the nostalgia hit.

  13. #33
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,076
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Do you mean the starter armies or the starter set? If you get the starter box set you get two small armies, rulebook, dice and templates (everything you need basically except modelling stuff like paints and glue) The figures in the starter set are made so they can be clicked together so you don't even need glue to start with.
    I mean the starter armies sorry XD

    Prolly should have clarified that.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 12:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Wow, I suddenly have the urge to dig out my Tyranid army. It's been so long. Thanks for the nostalgia hit.
    You're welcome

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    So how much $$ would it cost someone to start from scratch? Is 1000 a point army the standard starter size? Sorry, don't know anything about WH40k, but I've marveled at the figurines since I was a little kid
    1k is a small fight army.

    A few hundred dollars or so, depending on how you set up. Ebay and other places might net you some deals

  15. #35
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,353
    Found Magic the Gathering cards that are really old an apperently worth 400 euros/630$, I dont even dare to visit my parents and dig up my old Warhammer(not 40k) models.
    I will just cry at the ammount of money I spent on it
    The best thing about Kremlin posters is that as soon as you voice something they have to mention the US.
    Their awe and love for the US is truly great and I commend them for their love of their fellow men.

  16. #36
    Never played the platform game or whatever it's called, but I love the universe and the dawn of war games!

  17. #37
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,353
    Did I totally missunderstand the thread. I thought it was about the tin models armies. There is a platform(?) game nowdays?
    The best thing about Kremlin posters is that as soon as you voice something they have to mention the US.
    Their awe and love for the US is truly great and I commend them for their love of their fellow men.

  18. #38
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    639
    I'm personally a Grey Knights player, but that Eldar list looks just about right, unless somebody has an army tailored specifically to fight Eldar, you should be set.
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2012-12-21 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Did I totally missunderstand the thread. I thought it was about the tin models armies. There is a platform(?) game nowdays?
    The models are usually plastic or resin, and it's a tabletop miniwar game... or... Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the official name.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,247
    Very tempted to start a new space marine army and paint them in the blood ravens colours from the dawn of war games...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •