Thread: Warhammer 40K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joss View Post
    Orks Psychic "hive mind" makes it faster because they believe red makes it faster. mind over matter etc, not due to intelligence just sheer stupidity, which is kinda cool... I think
    There have been recorded cases of Orks in space using fighters without a canopy, breathing normally because they were too stupid to know any better.

Deleted
    I've got a question: Khorne might be the god of war but he is also the god of honour that does not think that the helpless and weak deserve his wrath, yet i've never read about a khornate beserker sparing the lives of children or unarmed women and men, has this ever happened?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    There have been recorded cases of Orks in space using fighters without a canopy, breathing normally because they were too stupid to know any better.
    Gotta love the orks. They genuinely believe their crude weapons work against space marines in full power armour and thus they do.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    I've got a question: Khorne might be the god of war but he is also the god of honour that does not think that the helpless and weak deserve his wrath, yet i've never read about a khornate beserker sparing the lives of children or unarmed women and men, has this ever happened?
    All chaos gods are emotions taken to the extreme, Khorne starts out as god of combat, war and (martial) honor but that soon spirals down to just killing for killing's sake (Blood for the Blood God! etc...). And bersekers are named for a reason, they will even start fighting among themselves once enemies are dead, word "civilian" doesn't really exist in their dictionary.

10+ Year Old Account
    He may be the god of honor, but his followers are driven by blood. Just because a certain group, like berserkers, may pledge fealty to khorne does not mean that they embody every aspect of his being. You see this with all of the chaos gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    He may be the god of honor, but his followers are driven by blood. Just because a certain group, like berserkers, may pledge fealty to khorne does not mean that they embody every aspect of his being. You see this with all of the chaos gods.
    I see, i guess it's the same thing about artists and Slaneesh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Forever torn between siding with the Night Lords or the Thousand Sons. Plan to make up a Sorcerer riding a Screamer of Tzeentch as though it were a Disk.

Khorne cares not from where the blood flows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I've odered a small glass cabinet for my room, decided my best armies have spent long enough packed up in boxes and decided to let them hang out in there where they can be on display.
    You know its unny because i was thinking abou doing the same thing.

Whats the point in taking so much time to paint models if your not going to display them?

I can't wait untill my parents visit again and see demon princes staring at them from a glass case....nurgle demons at that.

Post pics of your nurgle demon prince, Supertony?
    HATTAI! Clearly the thousand sons are way more awesome! Rubric marines are fun, so you can easily incorporate Ahzek Ahriman in your army and have them as a troop choice instead of elite! Not to mention all the goodies that they get for picking Mark of Tzeentch.
    The Nightlords abhor daemons, and I personally hate playing something without fitting it with the lore components as are fitting... On the other hand. the "New" raptors look effin' sweet... and fit nightlords amazingly well for that shock attack feel...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Post pics of your nurgle demon prince, Supertony?
    HATTAI! Clearly the thousand sons are way more awesome! Rubric marines are fun, so you can easily incorporate Ahzek Ahriman in your army and have them as a troop choice instead of elite! Not to mention all the goodies that they get for picking Mark of Tzeentch.
    The Nightlords abhor daemons, and I personally hate playing something without fitting it with the lore components as are fitting... On the other hand. the "New" raptors look effin' sweet... and fit nightlords amazingly well for that shock attack feel...
    Plain old Sorcerer can take ruberic marines as a troop choice aswell if he has MoT, was thinking about making a combined force, all the fast attack choices painted as Night Lords with the bulk as Thousand Sons. Have 5 unpainted warp talons sitting near me just waiting for a base-coat, but I've been told they aren't worth the points cost, oh well. Some Night Lords may hate demons, but different warbands have different philosophies, in Lord of the Night *****SPIOLER*****(Just in case) Krieg Acerbus shows us as a fully fledged Daemon Prince and a completely warp tainted warband, buthering every last man, woman and child in the hive city.

Ah well, guess it's up to you. It would look funky if they seemed as two forces working together. Make anything fast attack nightlords and the rest Thousand Sons. They're somewhat similar colour wise, it might just work.
    ALso, there is a spoiler type writing which is covered in black ... Which you have to click on to avoid y'know... spoilers.
    Last edited by Omnoms; 2013-01-28 at 11:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can see the Night Lords working with the Sons if there was something to gain by it, nothing says they'd still be friendly after the job is done though :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    I can see the Night Lords working with the Sons if there was something to gain by it, nothing says they'd still be friendly after the job is done though :P
    Loved the books, and if anything - they were betrayed (By the sons of horus, ergo black legion) This was 40k though, not 30k. The night lord novels are pretty interesting to see how they scorn the dark gods, and all mutations.

There's pretty much two factions, one staying to the ideals of the crusade era and the other that embrace the dark patrons.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was Aaron Dembski-Bowden's books that made me love the Night Lords. The Sons have always been of interest to me mainy because of their heavier reliance on magic.

I still giggle at time to time at Ahzek's backfire...

15+ Year Old Account
    A Thousand Sons was actually the first Horus Heresy book I picked up, found it hard to get into at first. Once past that initial hump however I found it to be, I think, one of the best books I've ever read.

Deleted
    The only 40k novel I have read so far is Space Wolf, that was awesome, but it was a long time ago, I am going to start reading the horus heresy series when I get some spare time.

Deleted
    Thats not Khorne you are talking about, Khorne enjoys slaughter for the pure fun of it hence his warcry "Blood for the blood God, Skulls for the skull thone!" I have never read anything about Khorne having any honour.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Thats not Khorne you are talking about, Khorne enjoys slaughter for the pure fun of it hence his warcry "Blood for the blood God, Skulls for the skull thone!" I have never read anything about Khorne having any honour.
    Fantasy Khorne has a bit... At least compared to 40K Khorne.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann