Thread: Warhammer 40K

Deleted
    So i'm reading a thousand sons now and i'm at the part of the Imperial conclave bit where the Emperor for now on forbids the use of psychic powers even by Magnus. That's it, for no reason and without any explaination at all and with disregard for the fact that the thousand sons have used this for thousands of years and are now suddenly commanded to obey this order or you will betray the emperor, Surely the Emperor that cares so much about his sons isn't that ignorant and stupid? Seriously, no though at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    So i'm reading a thousand sons now and i'm at the part of the Imperial conclave bit where the Emperor for now on forbids the use of psychic powers even by Magnus. That's it, for no reason and without any explaination at all and with disregard for the fact that the thousand sons have used this for thousands of years and are now suddenly commanded to obey this order or you will betray the emperor, Surely the Emperor that cares so much about his sons isn't that ignorant and stupid? Seriously, no though at all.
    Psychic powers are powered by the warp, the warp is very dangerous. They give a widow in to the material world.

The Emperor knows about the gods of the warp and they are frightened by his plans back on Terra.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Omnoms;20031471]
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Only been to an official GW store once, and yeah... They were pushy alright. I told them I'd just started and that I was collecting Grey Knights (if memory serves I bought my Kaldor Draigo miniature), and suddenly the guy was all like "Oh yeah, I'll tell you a cheap, fast and sure way to win... Just get 3 Dreadknights, 10 Terminators and 1 or 2 Stormravens"... DERP nothing cheap about 3 Dreadknights or TWO Stormravens -_-'[COLOR="red"]

Cheap meaning points wise... GW employees never think in money... They get a 50% or more discount.
    Do you really? That would make sense why some of them have 4 or 5 10K point armies i guess...

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grey Knights are one of the cheapest armies to build. Build a IG army and you will be happy that all you have to do is buy a couple of Stormravens and a few Dreadknights. GW are crazy thou the prices they want for plastic is insane I mean I could maybe understand if it was pewter like it use to be but to charge 30 bucks on a model that took them 2 dollars to make and package is such a brutal markup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Psychic powers are powered by the warp, the warp is very dangerous. They give a widow in to the material world.

The Emperor knows about the gods of the warp and they are frightened by his plans back on Terra.
    It would be better if he forbid the use of the warp in the beginning, instead of ten thousand years later when the astartes (librarians) and primarchs (magnus and most likely others) mastered the warp >.> i see no logic to suddenly ban it after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    It would be better if he forbid the use of the warp in the beginning, instead of ten thousand years later when the astartes (librarians) and primarchs (magnus and most likely others) mastered the warp >.> i see no logic to suddenly ban it after all this time.
    The Emperor banned it in the 31st millenium, that where and when the Horus Heresy takes place.

Magnus and the other legions were told to disband the Librarians by the council of Nikea.

After the heresy had ended Roboute Guilliman abolished the Decree.

The Emperor banned it in the 31st millenium, that where and when the Horus Heresy takes place.

Magnus and the other legions were told to disband the Librarians by the council of Nikea.

After the heresy had ended Roboute Guilliman abolished the Decree.
    Original fluff was that only sorcery was banned, not all psykers (they were and still are essential for FTL communication, travel etc...). Latest retcon that big E banned all psychic powers makes him kinda retarded tbh.

Also Papa Smurf disobeying one of Emperor's most direct orders? Not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Original fluff was that only sorcery was banned, not all psykers (they were and still are essential for FTL communication, travel etc...). Latest retcon that big E banned all psychic powers makes him kinda retarded tbh.
    Original fluff all Librarians were outlawed and force to back into the normal ranks. Navigators were exempt because lol no space travel with out them and sanctioned by The Emperor.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, it really tickles my fancy that Raven Guard is the only founding chapter GW doesn't carry the conversion sheets for...

On a painting sidenote, I've been using Guesso to prime my stuff and HOLY CRAP does it work well! So much better than the GW primer.

Original fluff all Librarians were outlawed and force to back into the normal ranks. Navigators were exempt because lol no space travel with out them and sanctioned by The Emperor.
    Nope.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attach...3&d=1269557084

Says nothing of Navigators, the Emperor's own creations. They were still allowed, because no warp travel with out them.

I wasn't talking about Navigators, my bad, i was referring to fact that Librarium as abolished. Emperor was scared of Chaos even back then, makes no sense that you tell your most powerful and vulnerable troops to stop training and disciplining their minds, untrained psykers are ripe ground for demonic possession.

I wasn't talking about Navigators, my bad, i was referring to fact that Librarium as abolished. Emperor was scared of Chaos even back then, makes no sense that you tell your most powerful and vulnerable troops to stop training and disciplining their minds, untrained psykers are ripe ground for demonic possession.
    Its what happened though, i was sure they were intergrated back into the legion as Captains and other ranks. At least the trained Librarians were, not sure about half trained.

See for me there is a line between Psychic power and sorcery. Psychic is using your will to bend the warp to your will, sorcery is consulting with demons and making pacts.

There is a clear line, Thousand Sons were only legion which used sorcery and psychic powers together, all other legions had only Librarians. And in original fluff, only sorcery was banned at Council of Nikea, McNeill must have had a brain fart when he wrote that librarians were disbanded, it creates significant continuity problems (at least for me).

There is a clear line, Thousand Sons were only legion which used sorcery and psychic powers together, all other legions had only Librarians. And in original fluff, only sorcery was banned at Council of Nikea, McNeill must have had a brain fart when he wrote that librarians were disbanded, it creates significant continuity problems (at least for me).
    Yeah as i mentioned earlier on Calth Guillimen wanted his Librarians to combat all the demons The word bearers summoned.

We know The Emperor did it because he knew about the chaos gods and Magnus didnt.

15+ Year Old Account
    The disbanding and reintergration was also mentioned in The Lion, one of the short stories in The Primarchs. The Invincible Reason was dealing with a warp breach due to Night Lord shenanigans. Lion ordered the ex-Librarius members to call on their powers to deal with the deamons when they realised conventional weaponry wasn't getting the job done, even ended on of his own chaplains when said chaplain wouldn't comply with the orders.
    Last edited by Hattai; 2013-01-30 at 08:16 AM.

Speaking of Raven Guard. What the heck happened to them? I hear little of them. As rumours go, they're a mostly cloned astartes army? With plenty of mishaps if I recall...
    ... Wonder if we're gonna get a book with the Raven Guard being manipulated by Fabius Bile...

Well, they lost around 90% of their warriors in Drop site massacre, after that Emperor gave Corax technology he used to create primarchs to replenish his legion's numbers, but Alpha Legion corrupted that pure geneseed just for lulz. So nowadays their genessed is badly weakened and getting new recruits is slow process, so they're always underhanded.

Well, they lost around 90% of their warriors in Drop site massacre, after that Emperor gave Corax technology he used to create primarchs to replenish his legion's numbers, but Alpha Legion corrupted that pure geneseed just for lulz. So nowadays their genessed is badly weakened and getting new recruits is slow process, so they're always underhanded.
    Its why they mostly go for guerilla tactics and surgical strikes.

Deleted
    The council of nikea was always a fucking chip on my shoulder, the only reason i think the emperor decreed the disbanding of the librarius (Even after 12 psykers from different legions ventured there support) was because of magnus and his lust for knowledge (He also made a pact with a daemon unwillingly, it's how he lost his eye to stop the flesh change in his sons)

But yeah... The lion was the short story i spoke about way above in this thread, the lion put his fucking fist through numiels head for staying loyal to the decree (zahrieals brother, who turned from the lions face in light of him actually killing everybody who found out about the corruption in the home planet)

So the lion was a lying motherfucker for one, but i still cant help but like the dick!