Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 37 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Aww :'(

Not our fault that GW went utterly overboard with fluff... I just wanted a cheap and pwetty army, not my fault they are all psychic Highlanders with the ability to hurl fireballs and slice demons in half with silly swords.

My point was though, that where as the Ultramarines barely have any members falling to Chaos, the Grey Knights have NONE :P
    Thats what happens when you have the emotions of a borg drone, Space marines live tough and brutal lives, but Grey Knights are just like emotionless robots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Thats what happens when you have the emotions of a borg drone, Space marines live tough and brutal lives, but Grey Knights are just like emotionless robots.
    Well, the shit you go through in order to become a Grey Knight (and especially a Paladin) is pretty rough - to say the least - so I guess you can't blame them for being a bit urm.... Stoic.

Oh and we have the Ordo Malleus pulling their strings, those guys aren't the most touchy feely employers.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Reading through this has just made me want to start painting my armies again (so much to do, so little time to do it in) -- I was originally thinking about starting a new force but considering the massive price increase from when I last played I revisited my old (and mostly lost and missing) space marine force -- here is what is salvageable: a dreadnaught (that needs to be immersed in paint thinner for a few years), a single bike, a HQ command squad, 10 scouts (in various pieces) 5 assault marines and 20 tactical marines -- I have the old space marine codex (as in back-dated a few years) and am going to fork out on some new paints (mine seem to have all dried :P) -- my question to you Warhammer 40k vets out there is what (in the very far future when I have sufficient resources to build my army) should I look to be adding next? -- I have very little playing experience yet from what I can remember I prefer fielding a balanced force as to one that favours speed or power
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Selestarius View Post
    Reading through this has just made me want to start painting my armies again (so much to do, so little time to do it in) -- I was originally thinking about starting a new force but considering the massive price increase from when I last played I revisited my old (and mostly lost and missing) space marine force -- here is what is salvageable: a dreadnaught (that needs to be immersed in paint thinner for a few years), a single bike, a HQ command squad, 10 scouts (in various pieces) 5 assault marines and 20 tactical marines -- I have the old space marine codex (as in back-dated a few years) and am going to fork out on some new paints (mine seem to have all dried :P) -- my question to you Warhammer 40k vets out there is what (in the very far future when I have sufficient resources to build my army) should I look to be adding next? -- I have very little playing experience yet from what I can remember I prefer fielding a balanced force as to one that favours speed or power
    Vehicles are always useful and a devastator squad with anti-vehicle weapons are essential.
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.

Cheers -- looking into it im thinking about a rhino as a next purchase, but ill definitely look into the devastator squad aswell
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Everyone always needs more boyz. Necrons are nice, but their background changed a lot in the latest codex, now they are more similar to Tomb Kings (IN SPACE) then our favorite and well loved genocidal robotic zombies. I just skimmed through their codex, but i think they still rape vehicles with gauss rifles, and sadly pariahs are gone. Good sides are that you can really customize your Necron Empire now, which wasn't really possible before.
    I personally think Necrons having personalities and being, as you put it so eloquently "Tomb Kings in space" has kind of ruined it for me a little
    I always loved just the idea of this faceless ancient species of domination with very little known about them at all, or their motives. The extra fluff they have added with some of the Necron Lords having personalities and the Necroteks etc has kind of ruined it a little for me

But still, they are most powerful race in WH40K barring Tyranids to my mind. They are nigh on completely invincible , have weaponry beyond anything, and are completely immune to chaotic corruption simply by dearth of being soulless abominations. Pretty awesome all round to my mind :P

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I personally think Necrons having personalities and being, as you put it so eloquently "Tomb Kings in space" has kind of ruined it for me a little
    I always loved just the idea of this faceless ancient species of domination with very little known about them at all, or their motives. The extra fluff they have added with some of the Necron Lords having personalities and the Necroteks etc has kind of ruined it a little for me

But still, they are most powerful race in WH40K barring Tyranids to my mind. They are nigh on completely invincible , have weaponry beyond anything, and are completely immune to chaotic corruption simply by dearth of being soulless abominations. Pretty awesome all round to my mind :P
    I bet Superman is your fave superhero because he is the most powerful right? Shit like that bores me, I like races or things I can relate too, invincible mindless machines just don't do it for for me.

I bet Superman is your fave superhero because he is the most powerful right? Shit like that bores me, I like races or things I can relate too, invincible mindless machines just don't do it for for me.
    Nah, Batman by far
    I like the concept behind them, not the fact they are powerful. It;s the horror behind it I enjoy. A legion of faceless automatons that cannot be reaosned or bargained with, with no discernable agenda whatsoever. The Tyranids *have* an agenda in that they want DNA and materiel to expand/evolve, but the Necrons just want ALL life to go as they find it an abomination. I just find it adds an extra level to everything in that it's purely just something that is clearly "evil" as we think of it.
    When I first saw them, I always thought of zombies mixed with Terminators, simply because of that relentless, unstoppable force. It also adds extra flavour to battles and a feel of desperation for the defenders in that no matter what they do, the opposition will not rout, and will do everything to exterminate them, inspiring them to greater feats of heroism as it is an "All or nothing" type scenario.
    It's not about the power level to me, it's just the concept and the feel behind them. Same reason some enjoy the Blood Angels more than say Space Wolves, its purely personal fluff. Hope that makes sense?

To my mind, in an MMO game, they (and the Tyranids) make the single best villains, as they are one dimensional for that reason. There is no depth to them, and no reason to be, its why I was a bit perplexed GW decided to flesh them out a bit more. Sure, I can understand in terms of making them more customisable for the game, but it just doesn't strike me as that first image I remember seeing of them back in 2001

That's the image I mean, just the relentless onslaught of them. I fell in love with the, but I have always been an undead/horror type fan so
    Last edited by Howlrunner; 2013-02-01 at 07:04 PM.

Well, they had agenda back in old fluff, goal of C'tan was to separate Warp and reality so they can feed on everything that's left (pariah gene was just one of the steps towards that). But there wasn't any decent customization for Necrons, it was either genocide or gtfo. Now, you can play "old school" Necrons who just want to eradicate all life and restore C'tan back, no one's stopping you, while other people can do their own backstory for their armies. Personally, i always loved homebrew armies and paintjobs more than vanilla ones.

And Superman was decent ever since Alan Moore got hold of him back in the 80's, Grant Morrison did excellent job on All Star Superman^^

How many Space Wolves have fallen to Chaos? I can't think of one in lore. I can only think of the amazing 13th, who are much more resilient to Chaos than any Grey Knight or Ultramarine has faced.

Don't know if I agree with Necrons having personalities etc. I really liked their backstory and their introduction into 40k.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    How many Space Wolves have fallen to Chaos? I can't think of one in lore. I can only think of the amazing 13th, who are much more resilient to Chaos than any Grey Knight or Ultramarine has faced.

Don't know if I agree with Necrons having personalities etc. I really liked their backstory and their introduction into 40k.
    Considering how secretive the Astartes are, even to the Inquisition and especially other chapters, I doubt even the Space Wolves themselves know.

Who do you mean by the 13th? If you are talking Legions then those are the Ultramarines.
    Last edited by RICH816; 2013-02-01 at 07:21 PM.

Yaaay, my necrons are in!
    Let the painting begin

Protip:
    Do not spray already painted models with graphite-metallic spray.
    Two Crypteks and a Destroyer look as if they have a fur..
    It's quite hilarious if it weren't so sad.

Considering how secretive the Astartes are, even to the Inquisition and especially other chapters, I doubt even the Space Wolves themselves know.

Who do you mean by the 13th? If you are talking Legions then those are the Ultramarines.
    The Space Wolves were divided into Great Companies, not chapters, after the Horus Heresy because Leman Russ is... well, Russ. The 13th Great Company were sent to chase Chaos into the Eye of Terror and beyond. They returned recently for the 13th Black Crusade as a different army with tons of werewolf like features, scavenged weapons and tanks and not a single one of them had fallen to Chaos, as far as we know. In the lore apparently the Canix Helix makes the Space Wolves incredibly resistant to Chaos.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/S...s_13th_Company
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Hey, it's cold in those crypts, especially on glacier Tomb World^^

13th company of Space Wolves ran into Eye of Terror in pursuit of Thousand Sons, they've been missing for 10k years or so, they had some custom rules in 5th methinks.

The Space Wolves were divided into Great Companies, not chapters, after the Horus Heresy because Leman Russ is... well, Russ. The 13th Great Company were sent to chase Chaos into the Eye of Terror and beyond. They returned recently for the 13th Black Crusade as a different army with tons of werewolf like features, scavenged weapons and tanks and not a single one of them had fallen to Chaos, as far as we know. In the lore apparently the Canix Helix makes the Space Wolves incredibly resistant to Chaos.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/S...s_13th_Company
    It also makes them very unstable and very unreliable, old Space Wolves are virtually recluses.

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...45203769_o.jpg

There.. Just laugh at it
    Spot the differences XD

That's an army of old grumpy werewolf grandpa vikings then? Battle cry could be "get off my lawn".

They're still salvageable, Necrons are supposed to be ancient. You could try to turn it into some kind of moss or crystallization during untold millenia.

It also makes them very unstable and very unreliable, old Space Wolves are virtually recluses.
    Loyal to the Allfather though. It's why the Space Wolves and the Inquisition simply do not get along. Space Wolves are arguably the most committed of all the Space Marines due to the alpha male, wolfpack mentality.

It's the Dark Angels I'm highly suspicious of.

That's an army of old grumpy werewolf grandpa vikings then? Battle cry could be "get off my lawn".
    That's why they returned from the Eye and fought Abaddon

Nah he's talking about the 13th company that went in the Eye of Terror with their Primarch

Edit: It's also nice to see this thread on the front page more and more
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...45203769_o.jpg

There.. Just laugh at it
    Spot the differences XD
    shit, scrub that shit off ASAP!

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 07:45 PM ----------

Loyal to the Allfather though. It's why the Space Wolves and the Inquisition simply do not get along. Space Wolves are arguably the most committed of all the Space Marines due to the alpha male, wolfpack mentality.

It's the Dark Angels I'm highly suspicious of.

That's why they returned from the Eye and fought Abaddon
    The problem is that Space Wolves can snap at anytime due to the Canis Helix, they may be very committed when under control, but when they lose it I doubt they would recognise friend from foe. Once they do lose control, they are lost forever and need to be put down as fast as possible.