Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 48 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    So the emperors children's pride and stride for perfection wasn't a flaw? The Thousand sons thirst for knowledge to such extent wasn't a flaw? Angron's legion's bloodlust through the butchers nails wasn't a flaw? Not entirely buying that one.
    Sorry I should have been clearer, the Legions with flaws that they attempt to surpress. The Emperors Childrens didn't attempt to surpress there pride, even before Fulgrim picked up the talking sword, and when he did that blew the whole thing wide open, they turned pride into there doctrine, which then fell by the wayside to sense addiction. The Thousand Sons thirst for knowledge isn't a flaw in and of itself, the reason they turned to Chaos was because they had nowhere else to go. The World Eaters, once again, they made there flaw there battle doctrine, and when Chaos came knocking, they embraced it willingly.

Your average Wolf or Bangel, does not make there flaw part of there battle doctrine, its just there. The Space Wolves have to learn how to control the beast inside, or they don't make it to Space Marines, and when they are a Marine, they must wage a constant battle against it, against there own emotions. The Angels have to do the same with the Red Thirst, they battle against it, but they do not let it define them, like the Children and the Eaters did.

What i'm saying is, because of this constant internal battle, they are natural hardy to the depredations of Chaos, they would be able to notice and stamp out Corruption in there psyche before it fully manifested itself, due to the immense willpower it takes to hold there current flaws at bay.

bah double post.
    Last edited by Helden; 2013-02-22 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    -snip- further in debth.
    Death company is part of their battle doctrine and arguably a major flaw in the blood angel army I'm not trying to dissaprove you, just looking from different angles.
    In the Blood Angels omnibus think about Arkio(or his brother?) that picks up that spear and beleives he is the reincarnation of Sanguinius. Half the B-angels "fall to chaos"
    Casual, with a capital''C''.
    Pokemon FC: 1993-8365-9328
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Wooooooooow major random idea... Fluff wise, Gwendolyn (king arthur legend) is probably one of the Emperor's daughter. Daughters of the Emperor are regular humans with super psychic and magical abilities.

Looking at lexicanum today I was reminded of the fact that 2 primarchs are "Struck from imperial records"

Do we know anything about these primarchs and who they were, or what legions they commanded if any? I assume one of them is the Blood Ravens' Primarch since they have no idea who theirs is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Looking at lexicanum today I was reminded of the fact that 2 primarchs are "Struck from imperial records"

Do we know anything about these primarchs and who they were, or what legions they commanded if any? I assume one of them is the Blood Ravens' Primarch since they have no idea who theirs is.
    Those were put in there so that players can make their own legion/chapter up. They're not actually anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Those were put in there so that players can make their own legion/chapter up. They're not actually anything.
    If you read up on it now the Horus heresy books make cryptic remarks about their fate.

"Almost nothing is known about the two unknown Lost Primarchs. References to the second and eleventh Primarchs are made in the short story, "The Lightning Tower," in which Rogal Dorn explains that the plinths on which their statues stand in the Imperial Palace should be vacant and says that "no one ever spoke of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?" The Traitor Primarchs' statues in this story are covered with a shroud, so the fate of the second and eleventh is undetermined. They may have been found and a tragedy befell them as the story implies they were spoken about posthumously.
    During a conversation between Magnus the Red and Lorgar, it is mentioned that both Horus and Fulgrim upheld an oath taken never to speak again of the two lost brothers.

As for the fates of those Primarchs' Legions, speculation by the Word Bearers on "rumours" of a sudden swell in the Ultramarines' recruitment numbers following the decision to remove the two Primarchs from the Imperial record may indicate that some of the lost Legions' Astartes were integrated into the remaining Space Marine Legions."

Also read up here http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Two_...s#.USiC7B3vjSk
    Last edited by Mapathy; 2013-02-23 at 08:57 AM.

*Sigh* And I did my research :P

However, Games Workshop has explained the game play purpose for these "deleted" Legions: they are available to help those who wish to develop their own, custom Astartes Legions. The idea is that because there were 20 Space Marine Legions created by the Emperor, and half turned to Chaos but half stayed Loyal, these two lost Legions would represent equivalent sources for new custom-made Space Marine Chapters and Chaos Space Marines warbands.
    Source: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Primarchs

Also, I like the wikia page a lot more than Lexicanum. It has more detailed information and looks better overall.

The fact that they copped out like that infuriates me. We discussed it some topics back =)
    got my paints back got my paints back got my paints back! GONNA PAAAAAINT

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 12:03 AM ----------

New daemons!
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Sanguinary Guard are a pain in the behind to assemble, I shit you not. Woe upon any who actually use more than 5 in an army -.-
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Sanguinary Guard are a pain in the behind to assemble, I shit you not. Woe upon any who actually use more than 5 in an army -.-
    I have suffered your pain, the arms and the wings clash with each other constantly, and it is a pain in the ass to find the correct "way" to glue them without one piece knocking the other off, the wings could have been designed so so much better.

Heh, I'm glad warp talons seem to be the worst I have to deal with. Gorgeous models.

Too bad warp talons are next to useless unless you only focus on painting. Go for raptors instead. Warp Talons are horrendously expensive and don't come with krak/flak grenades.
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Yeah, new to the hobby and built them before their flaws were pointed out, now they're sitting on my desk unpainted. Not sure whether to try and salvage them or scrap altogether.

I always look all over the interwebz before i assemble. Not my Sanguinary guard though, they're just for show.
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Woohoo gon get me a rhino! Double storm bolter ftw.

Great. You're doing the Raven Guard, have you posted pics yet?( i cant remember)
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Great. You're doing the Raven Guard, have you posted pics yet?( i cant remember)
    Yes, a few and never mind, my store didn't have it in stock so I got a Dreadnaught. It messes up my 500 point army a tad but I'll work around it for now. I'll get the Rhino next time hopefully.

I'll update pics later.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yes, a few and never mind, my store didn't have it in stock so I got a Dreadnaught. It messes up my 500 point army a tad but I'll work around it for now. I'll get the Rhino next time hopefully.

I'll update pics later.
    Normal dreadnaught? Ironclad or venerable? I'm assuming normal since it's the lowest points cost.

I always go for Ironclad because I think they look so badass. Sometimes Looking cool is just more damn important xD

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Normal dreadnaught? Ironclad or venerable? I'm assuming normal since it's the lowest points cost.

I always go for Ironclad because I think they look so badass. Sometimes Looking cool is just more damn important xD
    Normal for now. But later (much later), I'm getting the Forgeworld Raven Guard Dreadnaught. /Drool

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...EADNOUGHT.html

Ok so, my new local store has EVERYTHING 40K and fantasy. I mean everything! They have the super old model with the old Warhammer 40K logo, that were made of metal and plastic mixed together in one box ( torso, legs and head are metal, everything else plastic). So you can buy singular standard bearers of if you play IG or anything else singular miniature of every unit. AND they have all the White Dwarf copies, from issue #1. Pretty freaking awesome!!
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-02-26 at 01:27 AM.