Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 50 of 116 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    F them, I want Imperial fists.
    Then just use their codex lol. That's what I'm doing for my Raven Guards (with Blood Angel codex)

I want to make a "fallen angels" army, as in chaos dark angels.

Thinking of buying the dark angels chapter upgrade kit, for the robe pieces, a load of green stuff and some chaos bitz.

Quick question, which chaos god do you think fallen angels would commit to? or would it be chaos undivided?

Also, pre heresy DA armour was black right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post

Thinking of buying the dark angels chapter upgrade kit, for the robe pieces, a load of green stuff and some chaos bitz.

Quick question, which chaos god do you think fallen angels would commit to? or would it be chaos undivided?

I believe they follow Chaos Undivided, some times an individual will ally themselves with a god. Lore wise The Fallen tend to work alone or recruit chaos marines to their cause.

Yes pre heresy their armour was black.

" I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post

I believe they'd be Chaos Undivided or follow Tzeentch.

Got my self a box of chaos termies. Gonna make them melee to go along with my typhus.
    Casual, with a capital''C''.
    Pokemon FC: 1993-8365-9328
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Do they even follow any Chaos god? I mean, I've never seen a fallen angel with any chaos icons/mutations/anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Do they even follow any Chaos god? I mean, I've never seen a fallen angel with any chaos icons/mutations/anything...
    Me neither, every time I see a fallen angel they usuall look very similar to a normal dark angel, just "meaner" and maybe with a few more skull decorations.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 07:38 AM ----------

These guys look awesome

In the WoD Beta... o.o

isn't that just a statue behind him? his page says nothing about him having wings and that is clearly an Aquila...

And Fallen get chased or used by chaos space marines as bait to draw loyalist chapters. I don't think they're affiliated with chaos gods.

Those miniatures do look badass though

isn't that just a statue behind him? his page says nothing about him having wings and that is clearly an Aquila...

And Fallen get chased or used by chaos space marines as bait to draw loyalist chapters. I don't think they're affiliated with chaos gods.

Those miniatures do look badass though
    Yeah. My bad. Probs a statue. They're rather self righteous and believe they're doing right. Who knows!
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

There's a theory that Luther learned a "terrible secret" and the he was in fact the loyalist while it's Lion that was a traitor. Who knows, at least they're both still alive in THe Rock so IF GW decides to continue the story (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lets not get our hopes up) we might get more information.

Not all fallen ally with chaos, some go pirate or mercenary or even try to live a normal life.

Most of them are solo operators or leaders of warbands. In Blood Quest you see a fallen allied with Tzeentch.

Or they can be like Cypher: fallen angel, who is loyalist but is still chased for his part.

" I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

pro-gun liberal

May aswell point out Leman russ, Magnus the red and a few others are mutants.

But Unc you forget that the Nascent Primarchs were touched by chaos when spirited away from Tera.

Sanguinius was almost rejected for his mutation and the Wolves and Sons were never too well liked by the Imperium as a whole. The Inquisition is dancing on a razors edge of comming down on the Wolves with it's full might for the nature of the canis helix, they're just waiting for an excuse.

Hehe, but the inquisition will just get rammed if they try anything with the wolves. It's happened before if I recall correctly.

So, whatcha'all think of a chaos squad consisting of Typhus, 2xlightning claw termies, 1 termie with power fist and heavy flamer, 1 with power fist and combi bolter with melta attachment and then the last termie with a power maul and a ordinary combi bolter? I'm going for deepstriking them in. It will either be terribly strong or terribly dodgy I think.
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Hmmm... Typhus is purely melee right? I'm not sure about those two combi bolters. What I would do is bring 3 double lightning claw, and then 2 heavy flamers with chainfists. You'll get the chainfists for popping vehicles, flamers for overwatch (if someone has the bring idea to assault terminators...) and for range (8 inches is pretty decent) and you'll have 3 dual LCs for rending and that extra attack. The bolters probably wouldn't do a whole lot, and LC's are much better than power mauls, even if it's just one LC. I've always been wary of mixing up range and close combat in one squad since it makes both weaker. Better off focusing on just close combat, especially with Typhus and his Scythe of Whatever.

but that's just my opinion.

Big edit: I meant Shred, not Rending. Same difference right
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-03-04 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    Sanguinius was almost rejected for his mutation and the Wolves and Sons were never too well liked by the Imperium as a whole. The Inquisition is dancing on a razors edge of comming down on the Wolves with it's full might for the nature of the canis helix, they're just waiting for an excuse.
    It must be tough being an inquisitor.
    pro-gun liberal

Hmmm... Typhus is purely melee right? I'm not sure about those two combi bolters. What I would do is bring 3 double lightning claw, and then 2 heavy flamers with chainfists. You'll get the chainfists for popping vehicles, flamers for overwatch (if someone has the bring idea to assault terminators...) and for range (8 inches is pretty decent) and you'll have 3 dual LCs for rending and that extra attack. The bolters probably wouldn't do a whole lot, and LC's are much better than power mauls, even if it's just one LC. I've always been wary of mixing up range and close combat in one squad since it makes both weaker. Better off focusing on just close combat, especially with Typhus and his Scythe of Whatever.

but that's just my opinion.

Big edit: I meant Shred, not Rending. Same difference right
    I'm getting Havocs to take care of vehicles.
    Also, Power fist and x isn't particularly good, as it makes them initiative 1 anyhow. They aren't there for tank hunting, more for rooting out a tough dueling squad.
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

I'm getting Havocs to take care of vehicles.
    Also, Power fist and x isn't particularly good, as it makes them initiative 1 anyhow. They aren't there for tank hunting, more for rooting out a tough dueling squad.
    Alright, I still wouldn't take the 2 storm bolters but you might have a better idea of what you need than me also, why the power maul? Unless you're making him attack something that has more than one wound, it's a few extra point with no benefits : /

Man I'd love to see the full fury of the space wolves brought to bare against the Inquisition, it would be such a spectacle.

They've already torn them a new one once if I'm not mistaken.