Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    A good place for the OP to ask would be http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/cmps_index.php its a dedicated 40k forum. Theres army list subsections where you get a lot of feedback for it

Used this site my self to ask about my IG army lists. Hope it helps.
    Alright cool thanks! I had never heard of these forums will check them out

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have substantial Space Wolf and Ork armies and a Dark Elf fantasy army, but I moved to America and my Mum gave them away. So angry.

Wish I could find Necromunda for sale though, much cheaper and quicker to play.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Oh wow WH40k!, I havent seen anything about this (apart from the games) for a long time! I used to have a 1000 point blood angels army, my baal predator was my pride and joy <3

Also had a small 500 point Tau army, they were fun, but blood angels are my first love ^^

I used to have a big Imperial Guard army around 5k points. Never found a place to play where I live now and started selling it when times got hard.

I miss playing, RTS games just dont give the same feel

Deleted
    I have just started collecting them, (i have the orc army from assault on black reach plus some various others, a killa kan and some fast attack units, i also have a chaos battlepack with a thousand sons squad, a defiler, some lesser daemons and a sorcerer lord) but i find i dont have a steady enough hand to paint them, so any tips on that would be helpful, also for anyone into the lore the space marine battles book are amazing reads, i've read; fall of damnos, hunt for voldorius, the gildar rift, battle of the fang, legion of the damned and wrath of iron, also i am just starting architect of fate and so far its great!

Also, this had to be done...

Milk for the khorne flakes!

P.S. was a real shame that DM isnt gonna be an MMO cause i wouldve loved it but still I can always resort to destroying the imperium in Space Marine :P
    Last edited by mmoca75e6d026c; 2012-08-30 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Oh wow WH40k!, I havent seen anything about this (apart from the games) for a long time! I used to have a 1000 point blood angels army, my baal predator was my pride and joy <3

Also had a small 500 point Tau army, they were fun, but blood angels are my first love ^^
    Red Rage rolls are annoying for Blood Angels though. Or... Red something... That makes them stupid good at assault. It's ok though, my pathfinders would kill them before they got to assault!

So how much $$ would it cost someone to start from scratch? Is 1000 a point army the standard starter size? Sorry, don't know anything about WH40k, but I've marveled at the figurines since I was a little kid
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    So how much $$ would it cost someone to start from scratch? Is 1000 a point army the standard starter size? Sorry, don't know anything about WH40k, but I've marveled at the figurines since I was a little kid
    Well the starter set which is 500 points (give or take) is about 120$ so if you buy 2 of those and an HQ its about 300$. Add your codex and rulebook... soooo 400... OH! and paint dice templates etcetc.... sooo... maybe 500$ dollars to start?

You don't have to do it all at once though. Like I have my codex, paint and dice ect plus a couple of figurines and going to buy the rest later.And most tournament are 1000 points, but fun games are more like 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well the starter set which is 500 points (give or take) is about 120$ so if you buy 2 of those and an HQ its about 300$. Add your codex and rulebook... soooo 400... OH! and paint dice templates etcetc.... sooo... maybe 500$ dollars to start?

You don't have to do it all at once though. Like I have my codex, paint and dice ect plus a couple of figurines and going to buy the rest later.And most tournament are 1000 points, but fun games are more like 500.
    Do you mean the starter armies or the starter set? If you get the starter box set you get two small armies, rulebook, dice and templates (everything you need basically except modelling stuff like paints and glue) The figures in the starter set are made so they can be clicked together so you don't even need glue to start with.

Nids player here. We are without number!
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Wow, I suddenly have the urge to dig out my Tyranid army. It's been so long. Thanks for the nostalgia hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Do you mean the starter armies or the starter set? If you get the starter box set you get two small armies, rulebook, dice and templates (everything you need basically except modelling stuff like paints and glue) The figures in the starter set are made so they can be clicked together so you don't even need glue to start with.
    I mean the starter armies sorry XD

Prolly should have clarified that.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Wow, I suddenly have the urge to dig out my Tyranid army. It's been so long. Thanks for the nostalgia hit.
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    1k is a small fight army.

A few hundred dollars or so, depending on how you set up. Ebay and other places might net you some deals

15+ Year Old Account
    Found Magic the Gathering cards that are really old an apperently worth 400 euros/630$, I dont even dare to visit my parents and dig up my old Warhammer(not 40k) models.
    I will just cry at the ammount of money I spent on it
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Never played the platform game or whatever it's called, but I love the universe and the dawn of war games!

15+ Year Old Account
    Did I totally missunderstand the thread. I thought it was about the tin models armies. There is a platform(?) game nowdays?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally a Grey Knights player, but that Eldar list looks just about right, unless somebody has an army tailored specifically to fight Eldar, you should be set.
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2012-12-21 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Did I totally missunderstand the thread. I thought it was about the tin models armies. There is a platform(?) game nowdays?
    The models are usually plastic or resin, and it's a tabletop miniwar game... or... Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the official name.

Deleted
    Very tempted to start a new space marine army and paint them in the blood ravens colours from the dawn of war games...

Deleted
    Omg! Just saw the dark vengeance set today and it looks awesome! All the models are so detailed, but by brother who had first got me into WH40k said it wasn't worth the £65 price :/ Funny thing was that he played Dark angels and im Chaos :P Real pity though as it looks awesome but i'll be looking out for any cheaper prices