Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 36 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey, it's cold in those crypts, especially on glacier Tomb World^^

13th company of Space Wolves ran into Eye of Terror in pursuit of Thousand Sons, they've been missing for 10k years or so, they had some custom rules in 5th methinks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    The Space Wolves were divided into Great Companies, not chapters, after the Horus Heresy because Leman Russ is... well, Russ. The 13th Great Company were sent to chase Chaos into the Eye of Terror and beyond. They returned recently for the 13th Black Crusade as a different army with tons of werewolf like features, scavenged weapons and tanks and not a single one of them had fallen to Chaos, as far as we know. In the lore apparently the Canix Helix makes the Space Wolves incredibly resistant to Chaos.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/S...s_13th_Company
    It also makes them very unstable and very unreliable, old Space Wolves are virtually recluses.

That's an army of old grumpy werewolf grandpa vikings then? Battle cry could be "get off my lawn".

They're still salvageable, Necrons are supposed to be ancient. You could try to turn it into some kind of moss or crystallization during untold millenia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It also makes them very unstable and very unreliable, old Space Wolves are virtually recluses.
    Loyal to the Allfather though. It's why the Space Wolves and the Inquisition simply do not get along. Space Wolves are arguably the most committed of all the Space Marines due to the alpha male, wolfpack mentality.

It's the Dark Angels I'm highly suspicious of.

That's an army of old grumpy werewolf grandpa vikings then? Battle cry could be "get off my lawn".
    That's why they returned from the Eye and fought Abaddon
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how secretive the Astartes are, even to the Inquisition and especially other chapters, I doubt even the Space Wolves themselves know.

Who do you mean by the 13th? If you are talking Legions then those are the Ultramarines.
    Nah he's talking about the 13th company that went in the Eye of Terror with their Primarch

Edit: It's also nice to see this thread on the front page more and more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...45203769_o.jpg

There.. Just laugh at it
    Spot the differences XD
    shit, scrub that shit off ASAP!

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 07:45 PM ----------

Loyal to the Allfather though. It's why the Space Wolves and the Inquisition simply do not get along. Space Wolves are arguably the most committed of all the Space Marines due to the alpha male, wolfpack mentality.

It's the Dark Angels I'm highly suspicious of.

That's why they returned from the Eye and fought Abaddon
    The problem is that Space Wolves can snap at anytime due to the Canis Helix, they may be very committed when under control, but when they lose it I doubt they would recognise friend from foe. Once they do lose control, they are lost forever and need to be put down as fast as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that Space Wolves can snap at anytime due to the Canis Helix, they may be very committed when under control, but when they lose it I doubt they would recognise friend from foe. Once they do lose control, they are lost forever and need to be put down as fast as possible.
    The curse of the Wulfen. Very few Wolves get past that once they're afflicted. However, that's a curse that strikes the younger kids - the aspirants and Blood Claws suffer from it the most. That's why the older lads tend to get the heavy weapons, they're under more control. It's obviously a perpetual risk but I'm certainly under the impression that time gives more control, not less.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    NEVER!
    When I make photo's with a flash, it looks as if his body is covered in diamonds.
    Good luck painting smoothly over that ^.^

Deleted
    The curse of the Wulfen. Very few Wolves get past that once they're afflicted. However, that's a curse that strikes the younger kids - the aspirants and Blood Claws suffer from it the most. That's why the older lads tend to get the heavy weapons, they're under more control. It's obviously a perpetual risk but I'm certainly under the impression that time gives more control, not less.
    They constantly have to fight the curse though, this is why the older Space wolves become scouts, to keep them away from others.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    How many Space Wolves have fallen to Chaos? I can't think of one in lore. I can only think of the amazing 13th, who are much more resilient to Chaos than any Grey Knight or Ultramarine has faced.

Don't know if I agree with Necrons having personalities etc. I really liked their backstory and their introduction into 40k.
    Getting warped and mutated into a Wulfen doesn't really count as "resillient" in my book honestly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    They constantly have to fight the curse though, this is why the older Space wolves become scouts, to keep them away from others.
    That's only a few - and like lone wolves, they're naturally inclined that way. Most become Long Fangs.

Getting warped and mutated into a Wulfen doesn't really count as "resillient" in my book honestly.
    Not all mutations are inherently chaotic in nature, like this one. The 13th Company are still in control of themselves and still fight Chaos.

The Blood Angels also have a mutation.

Deleted
    Just a heads up on the Space Wolves falling to Chaos, there is Svane Vulfbad, mentioned in the latest Chaos Space Marine codex, and there are also the Wolves who were on the ship that got boarded by the Red Corsairs, and turned traitor.

The Canis Helix itself doesn't make them immune to Chaos, but there constant struggle against the inner "beast" that it provides gives them a better idea of what it is like to have to fight off the corruption of chaos, in a way. Atleast thats my theory anyway.

I murdered thousands for the Emperor and he gave me nothing except his damning silence. Now his lapdogs yap for every life I take, while the gods promise me the galaxy.
    - Svane Vulfbad.

Deleted
    That's only a few - and like lone wolves, they're naturally inclined that way. Most become Long Fangs.

Not all mutations are inherently chaotic in nature, like this one. The 13th Company are still in control of themselves and still fight Chaos.

The Blood Angels also have a mutation.
    I trust the Blood Angels even less, scroll down to "The Blood Angels Flaw".

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Angels

Deleted
    I trust the Blood Angels even less, scroll down to "The Blood Angels Flaw".

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Angels
    The Angels aren't that bad, and atleast when they do go all Black Rage they are put to good use as shock troops. The Flesh Tearers on the other hand, they just worship Khorne by another name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The Angels aren't that bad, and atleast when they do go all Black Rage they are put to good use as shock troops. The Flesh Tearers on the other hand, they just worship Khorne by another name.
    Give me boring but reliable space marines anyday, you cannot rely on anyone that is crazy.

Deleted
    Give me boring but reliable space marines anyday, you cannot rely on anyone that is crazy.
    True, though I play Chaos, so i'm slightly biased towards the crazies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    True, though I play Chaos, so i'm slightly biased towards the crazies.
    I can never see why anyone would willingly side with Chaos, they get a really bad deal. Out of the 4 main gods, only 1 actually cares about his followers, how does he reward them? Gives them real nasty diseases and plagues. The other Gods want your blood, skull or soul, they will fuck you over in a heartbeat if it suits them.

Not to mention that everyone around you is just as treacherous as you are, they will stab you in the back the minute they get the chance, out of the Billions/trillions of Chaos followers, maybe a few dozen will ever reach Daemonhood, the rest will be tortured in hell for all eternity.

Why the fuck would you volunteer for this shit?

I am now tired of mucking about. DOne enough test painting. I'm now going to do a " Prize Army" that i will display.
    I've been torn between various Loyalist chapters. Imperial fists, Salemanders and Blood Angels. Outside of that, I've considered Necrons, they might be a worthy challenge, given their new" Colours" and options(compared to before) Eldar aren't dirty enough to make look good(or would be too dull)... so yeah, any of those 4.

Deleted
    I can never see why anyone would willingly side with Chaos, they get a really bad deal. Out of the 4 main gods, only 1 actually cares about his followers, how does he reward them? Gives them real nasty diseases and plagues. The other Gods want your blood, skull or soul, they will fuck you over in a heartbeat if it suits them.

Not to mention that everyone around you is just as treacherous as you are, they will stab you in the back the minute they get the chance, out of the Billions/trillions of Chaos followers, maybe a few dozen will ever reach Daemonhood, the rest will be tortured in hell for all eternity.

Why the fuck would you volunteer for this shit?
    That's why. Immortality. A small shot at it is better than no shot at all.

As for why anyone would side with them? The majority probably don't get a choice, and when they do there too far down that path to turn back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I am now tired of mucking about. DOne enough test painting. I'm now going to do a " Prize Army" that i will display.
    I've been torn between various Loyalist chapters. Imperial fists, Salemanders and Blood Angels. Outside of that, I've considered Necrons, they might be a worthy challenge, given their new" Colours" and options(compared to before) Eldar aren't dirty enough to make look good(or would be too dull)... so yeah, any of those 4.
    SALAMANDERS! Or blood angels, because you can use assault marines as troops which is OP