Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 43 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Chaos Space Wolves?
    Yeah I was kinda thrown off as well I was like are these chaos at first but never the less amazing paint jobs.

Only reason I'd ever ally anything, is to get some flyers or get something with skyfire.
    ... Well, anything your army lacks, ally your self to it, that's all.
    I've re found my joy of the DoW game...
    Last edited by Omnoms; 2013-02-06 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Only reason I'd ever ally anything, is to get some flyers or get something with skyfire.
    ... Well, anything your army lacks, ally your self to it, that's all.
    I've re found my joy of the DoW game...
    Get blood angels allied with eldar, and you can add OP pathfinders to your already OP BA army. That's what i'll do for sure ( I'm using BA rules for Raven Guards because I can)

Get blood angels allied with eldar, and you can add OP pathfinders to your already OP BA army. That's what i'll do for sure ( I'm using BA rules for Raven Guards because I can)
    Person I know is allying them with fire dragons instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So.... Just got about 20 regular Space Marines, all armed with either Bolters, Heavy Bolters, Missile Launchers or Chainsword + Boltpistols from a friend of mine, all made into urgh Ultramarines, so paint time! However the last bit isn't really my point, my point or rather my question is; I'm considering using them as Allies for my Grey Knight armies, since they are all armed with ranged weapons or heavy ranged weapons, thus providing decent support for my melee-heavy Grey Knights... Question is, anyone here got some good stories about the use of Allies?
    Not played many games but I use blood angels with dark angels in my higher point games, and it seems to work pretty well, my dark angels have alot of ranged plasma while my blood angels have a very assault oriented force.

If you're asking how it is to use allies, I'd say it's alot of fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Person I know is allying them with fire dragons instead.
    Interesting choice... I guess having a full squad of meltas could be good but... nothing beats AP1 on 5's IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows how many attacks Lightning Claws get? Can't figure it out in the Rulebook...

Edit: Just kidding, figured it out
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-02-08 at 02:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21380003

Anyone else seen this story?

Not sure I agree with GW actions, but when someone says "Space Marine" to me, I do immediately think of those gloriously xenophobic religious servants of the Emperor, and not a Marine...in space.
    They should drop the term space marine and FORCE everybody to use the term Adeptus Astartes.

OT: I've got this idea in my head that I can't get rid of, I really want to make some khornate space wolves but I'm not entirely sure which kits to buy to get the best result.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably best just buying a box of berserkers and a space wolf pack, then kit-bash to your hearts content.

You end up with so many superfluous parts from the wolf pack box.
    Last edited by Hattai; 2013-02-09 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21380003

Anyone else seen this story?

Not sure I agree with GW actions, but when someone says "Space Marine" to me, I do immediately think of those gloriously xenophobic religious servants of the Emperor, and not a Marine...in space.
    I do agree that I too think of the GW Space Marine, but I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that GW needs to calm their tits over copyrights and third party stuff. Seriously , it's not funny anymore that they something up their ass 24/7...

For the whole kitbashing thing... If you have extra legs can I have them I bloody need legs

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Fun fact

Lion El Johnson was named after Lionel Johnson a poet who wrote a poem called Dark Angel, which was about his gay lover.
    Always nice to notice these things. Dam I need to read that now.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 10:38 PM ----------

I do agree that I too think of the GW Space Marine, but I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that GW needs to calm their tits over copyrights and third party stuff. Seriously , it's not funny anymore that they something up their ass 24/7...

For the whole kitbashing thing... If you have extra legs can I have them I bloody need legs
    Yes this makes me a sad puppy as I am a fan of classic Sci-Fi and Space Marines were a staple of classic Sci-Fi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    They should drop the term space marine and FORCE everybody to use the term Adeptus Astartes.

OT: I've got this idea in my head that I can't get rid of, I really want to make some khornate space wolves but I'm not entirely sure which kits to buy to get the best result.
    My current Chaos Force has a band of Space Wolf zerkers in it, captured alive and turned into Blood Crazed monsters. I recommend starting with a regular Space Wolf pack, a couple of Wulfen heads, and the Khorne Berzerker pack, thats what I did and mine turned out pretty well, just like Wolves but with more spikes and blood, as befits Khorne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, I think its just a legal department over reacting tbh. Very much like that Saul & Santz company and the Lord of the Rings protection fiasco. I mean, demanding pubs and cafes change their names simply due to them now owning copyright is kind of absurd.
    Sad part is, this isn't the first time GW goes freaky with the legal stuff... I mean, if they were more lenient, we wouldn't have had Warcraft, which means we wouldn't be talking on this forum O.o

Actually, Patrick Wyatt (one of lead developers of Warcraft) writes in his blog that even as their boss (Allen Adham, one of co-founders of Blizzard) tried to obtain license from GW, he and rest of team preferred making their own IP ,he does acknowledge that WHFB was a huge influence (probably an euphemism for "we changed Metzen's fanfiction just enough so we don't get sued":P).

The blog is a great read if you're interested in history of Warcraft or Starcraft.

Found some damn awesome shoulderpads for chaos marines on a site called puppetswar. Might use them for my chaos marines, they look wonderful.

I'm damn curious. What would happen if a Pariah or psychic null entered the void..? Like Hive tyrants and their shadow in the warp thingy. I mean... They're anti void... Division by zero..?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm damn curious. What would happen if a Pariah or psychic null entered the void..? Like Hive tyrants and their shadow in the warp thingy. I mean... They're anti void... Division by zero..?
    I don't think they can, kinda like the tau OR it would just nullify any and all influence the warp has. Repel daemons and such.

Anyone here an Ork player? What do colors mean again. I think red means they go faster, but what is yellow... bigger explosions/more dakka?

Deleted
    I don't think they can, kinda like the tau OR it would just nullify any and all influence the warp has. Repel daemons and such.

Anyone here an Ork player? What do colors mean again. I think red means they go faster, but what is yellow... bigger explosions/more dakka?
    Not an ork player myself but I know than red means go faster.
    I think red can mean other things as well, i've noticed alot of explosives are often painted red too *shrug* weird creatures xD

Deleted
    The Void, Shadow of the Warp thing isn't what Paraiahs do. Pariahs and Nulls have no soul, they are just not there for Psykers, the antithesis of everything a Psyker is, psyker bane, etc. The Shadow in the Warp isn't that though, its because the Hive Mind communicates telepathically, and because there are so many creatures in the Nid Swarm, and there all part of the Hive Mind, it blocks out the warp, like white noise basically. Because of this, and since there has been records of Pariahs that have been "burned out" by a psychic force massive enough, i'd imagine that the Pariah would either get burned out, and become human, and then get nommed, or if they were sufficiently powerful enough, they might actually turn the tide against the nids, think about it, anything that isn't a Synapse creature that wandered into there null field would be outside of the influence of the hive mind, so they revert to there animal instincts, and become much easier to kill. Don't know what would happen if a Synapse creature went into the Null Field though.

That cleared things up a wee bit. Lexicanum article about it also helps i found...
    What general should I paint for my Imperial fists army? Thinking of Lysander. then building it around focusing on a siege like unit(rather strange for an army that is master of defence... but... If they know the one thing, surely they know the other) Give them a vindicator with that big cannon etc.
    But yeah, what general?