Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    *grumble* do they seriously not make lightning claws for the right arm of regular space marines (non-termi)...
    Can make some " Integrated" ones using the warp talon kit if you conveniently have any lying around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Can make some " Integrated" ones using the warp talon kit if you conveniently have any lying around.
    I don't play chaos. Hmmmmm... I dunno...

15+ Year Old Account
    i dno't know if they could clone someone, bu the can certainly rebuild bodies out of just a few cells.

Check this: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Haemonculi#.USSwo6U3vGA

Haven't read it yet, but you could find it here i suppose

Go check Fabius bile's page on lexicanum, he learned the weaving of flesh from the Haemonculi, together with perfecting cloning.
    Last edited by bloodkin; 2013-02-20 at 03:40 PM.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Deleted
    Yes they can, its how the majority of new Dark Eldar are created.

the High Classes, the Archons and the like are pure bred, the average DE Soldier is a clone.

So i just got my self a box of sanguine guard, may sit down and try convert them to my chaos army... Use them as raptors but make them look like " Fallen Angels" Mehehe.... >

10+ Year Old Account
    So i just got my self a box of sanguine guard, may sit down and try convert them to my chaos army... Use them as raptors but make them look like " Fallen Angels" Mehehe.... >
    Bah, Blood Angel are a frog leap away from being chaos anyways.

Bah, Blood Angel are a frog leap away from being chaos anyways.
    Heck they ain't. They've got the red thirst and the black rage. Further that and say some got too prideful, fell from grace and now serve chaos after being messed with for eterneties.

Deleted
    The Chapters with flaws are the hardest for Chaos to convert.

Like I said earlier on in the thread, Chaos doesn't corrupt inately, it allows out those flaws which we surpress. So legions like the Blood Angels, and the Space Wolves, who've had an entire lifetime of surpressing those flaws, would be able to survive, and surpress Chaos, for much longer than any of the "puritan" legions.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The Chapters with flaws are the hardest for Chaos to convert.

Like I said earlier on in the thread, Chaos doesn't corrupt inately, it allows out those flaws which we surpress. So legions like the Blood Angels, and the Space Wolves, who've had an entire lifetime of surpressing those flaws, would be able to survive, and surpress Chaos, for much longer than any of the "puritan" legions.
    So the emperors children's pride and stride for perfection wasn't a flaw? The Thousand sons thirst for knowledge to such extent wasn't a flaw? Angron's legion's bloodlust through the butchers nails wasn't a flaw? Not entirely buying that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the emperors children's pride and stride for perfection wasn't a flaw? The Thousand sons thirst for knowledge to such extent wasn't a flaw? Angron's legion's bloodlust through the butchers nails wasn't a flaw? Not entirely buying that one.
    Thousand Sons example is flawed a little, since Magnus only sought help from Chaos Gods AFTER Russ broke his back. I'm convinced if it wasn't for that and the Space Wolves burning Prospero, Thousand Sons would have been loyalists, as seen in the Blood Ravens, who are Thousand Sons descendents... Well minus Kyras, he was a bit of a douche...

Thousand Sons example is flawed a little, since Magnus only sought help from Chaos Gods AFTER Russ broke his back. I'm convinced if it wasn't for that and the Space Wolves burning Prospero, Thousand Sons would have been loyalists, as seen in the Blood Ravens, who are Thousand Sons descendents... Well minus Kyras, he was a bit of a douche...
    I'm certain that magnus consorted with chaos before, when he had to sort out the random mutatuons. And is the blood raven thingy a certainty? As far as I know, it's speculation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm certain that magnus consorted with chaos before, when he had to sort out the random mutatuons. And is the blood raven thingy a certainty? As far as I know, it's speculation.
    Yeah, he made a deal with Tzeentch the first time time to halt the mutatuons but it seems he reneged, it goes into this in A Thousand Sons when the Emperor was explaining the nature of Chaos to Magnus, Magnus had to feign ignorance because he hald dealt with it already.

The Blood Raven thing is always just implied, but it has never explicitly been stated. Kallista's vision in A Thousand Sons mentions a "raven of blood" but the nature of it is never expanded on.

Here is the actual quote: “It’s too late… the Wolf is at the door and it hungers for blood. Oh, Throne… no, the blood! The Ravens, I see them too. The lost sons and a Raven of blood. They cry out for salvation and knowledge, but it is denied! A brother betrayed, a brother murdered. The worst mistake for the noblest reason! It cannot happen, but it must!"
    Last edited by Hattai; 2013-02-22 at 05:12 AM.

Good point, they do have many psykers in their legion i remember reading.

I'm thinking of putting warp talon claws on my Sanguinary guard. Whatch'all think? might have to do a bit of greenstuffing, but i believe i can make it look decent.

Deleted
    Sorry I should have been clearer, the Legions with flaws that they attempt to surpress. The Emperors Childrens didn't attempt to surpress there pride, even before Fulgrim picked up the talking sword, and when he did that blew the whole thing wide open, they turned pride into there doctrine, which then fell by the wayside to sense addiction. The Thousand Sons thirst for knowledge isn't a flaw in and of itself, the reason they turned to Chaos was because they had nowhere else to go. The World Eaters, once again, they made there flaw there battle doctrine, and when Chaos came knocking, they embraced it willingly.

Your average Wolf or Bangel, does not make there flaw part of there battle doctrine, its just there. The Space Wolves have to learn how to control the beast inside, or they don't make it to Space Marines, and when they are a Marine, they must wage a constant battle against it, against there own emotions. The Angels have to do the same with the Red Thirst, they battle against it, but they do not let it define them, like the Children and the Eaters did.

What i'm saying is, because of this constant internal battle, they are natural hardy to the depredations of Chaos, they would be able to notice and stamp out Corruption in there psyche before it fully manifested itself, due to the immense willpower it takes to hold there current flaws at bay.

Deleted
    bah double post.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2013-02-22 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    -snip- further in debth.
    Death company is part of their battle doctrine and arguably a major flaw in the blood angel army I'm not trying to dissaprove you, just looking from different angles.
    In the Blood Angels omnibus think about Arkio(or his brother?) that picks up that spear and beleives he is the reincarnation of Sanguinius. Half the B-angels "fall to chaos"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooooooooow major random idea... Fluff wise, Gwendolyn (king arthur legend) is probably one of the Emperor's daughter. Daughters of the Emperor are regular humans with super psychic and magical abilities.

Deleted
    Looking at lexicanum today I was reminded of the fact that 2 primarchs are "Struck from imperial records"

Do we know anything about these primarchs and who they were, or what legions they commanded if any? I assume one of them is the Blood Ravens' Primarch since they have no idea who theirs is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Looking at lexicanum today I was reminded of the fact that 2 primarchs are "Struck from imperial records"

Do we know anything about these primarchs and who they were, or what legions they commanded if any? I assume one of them is the Blood Ravens' Primarch since they have no idea who theirs is.
    Those were put in there so that players can make their own legion/chapter up. They're not actually anything.

Those were put in there so that players can make their own legion/chapter up. They're not actually anything.
    If you read up on it now the Horus heresy books make cryptic remarks about their fate.

"Almost nothing is known about the two unknown Lost Primarchs. References to the second and eleventh Primarchs are made in the short story, "The Lightning Tower," in which Rogal Dorn explains that the plinths on which their statues stand in the Imperial Palace should be vacant and says that "no one ever spoke of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?" The Traitor Primarchs' statues in this story are covered with a shroud, so the fate of the second and eleventh is undetermined. They may have been found and a tragedy befell them as the story implies they were spoken about posthumously.
    During a conversation between Magnus the Red and Lorgar, it is mentioned that both Horus and Fulgrim upheld an oath taken never to speak again of the two lost brothers.

As for the fates of those Primarchs' Legions, speculation by the Word Bearers on "rumours" of a sudden swell in the Ultramarines' recruitment numbers following the decision to remove the two Primarchs from the Imperial record may indicate that some of the lost Legions' Astartes were integrated into the remaining Space Marine Legions."

Also read up here http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Two_...s#.USiC7B3vjSk
    Last edited by BloodyAngel12; 2013-02-23 at 08:57 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?