Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 46 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Sigh* And I did my research :P

However, Games Workshop has explained the game play purpose for these "deleted" Legions: they are available to help those who wish to develop their own, custom Astartes Legions. The idea is that because there were 20 Space Marine Legions created by the Emperor, and half turned to Chaos but half stayed Loyal, these two lost Legions would represent equivalent sources for new custom-made Space Marine Chapters and Chaos Space Marines warbands.
    Source: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Primarchs

Also, I like the wikia page a lot more than Lexicanum. It has more detailed information and looks better overall.

The fact that they copped out like that infuriates me. We discussed it some topics back =)
    got my paints back got my paints back got my paints back! GONNA PAAAAAINT

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 12:03 AM ----------

New daemons!

Sanguinary Guard are a pain in the behind to assemble, I shit you not. Woe upon any who actually use more than 5 in an army -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Sanguinary Guard are a pain in the behind to assemble, I shit you not. Woe upon any who actually use more than 5 in an army -.-
    I have suffered your pain, the arms and the wings clash with each other constantly, and it is a pain in the ass to find the correct "way" to glue them without one piece knocking the other off, the wings could have been designed so so much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I'm glad warp talons seem to be the worst I have to deal with. Gorgeous models.

Too bad warp talons are next to useless unless you only focus on painting. Go for raptors instead. Warp Talons are horrendously expensive and don't come with krak/flak grenades.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, new to the hobby and built them before their flaws were pointed out, now they're sitting on my desk unpainted. Not sure whether to try and salvage them or scrap altogether.

I always look all over the interwebz before i assemble. Not my Sanguinary guard though, they're just for show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woohoo gon get me a rhino! Double storm bolter ftw.

Great. You're doing the Raven Guard, have you posted pics yet?( i cant remember)

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. You're doing the Raven Guard, have you posted pics yet?( i cant remember)
    Yes, a few and never mind, my store didn't have it in stock so I got a Dreadnaught. It messes up my 500 point army a tad but I'll work around it for now. I'll get the Rhino next time hopefully.

I'll update pics later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yes, a few and never mind, my store didn't have it in stock so I got a Dreadnaught. It messes up my 500 point army a tad but I'll work around it for now. I'll get the Rhino next time hopefully.

I'll update pics later.
    Normal dreadnaught? Ironclad or venerable? I'm assuming normal since it's the lowest points cost.

I always go for Ironclad because I think they look so badass. Sometimes Looking cool is just more damn important xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Normal dreadnaught? Ironclad or venerable? I'm assuming normal since it's the lowest points cost.

I always go for Ironclad because I think they look so badass. Sometimes Looking cool is just more damn important xD
    Normal for now. But later (much later), I'm getting the Forgeworld Raven Guard Dreadnaught. /Drool

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...EADNOUGHT.html

Ok so, my new local store has EVERYTHING 40K and fantasy. I mean everything! They have the super old model with the old Warhammer 40K logo, that were made of metal and plastic mixed together in one box ( torso, legs and head are metal, everything else plastic). So you can buy singular standard bearers of if you play IG or anything else singular miniature of every unit. AND they have all the White Dwarf copies, from issue #1. Pretty freaking awesome!!
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-02-26 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    Normal for now. But later (much later), I'm getting the Forgeworld Raven Guard Dreadnaught. /Drool

Ok so, my new local store has EVERYTHING 40K and fantasy. I mean everything! They have the super old model with the old Warhammer 40K logo, that were made of metal and plastic mixed together in one box ( torso, legs and head are metal, everything else plastic). So you can buy singular standard bearers of if you play IG or anything else singular miniature of every unit. AND they have all the White Dwarf copies, from issue #1. Pretty freaking awesome!!
    Absolutely love reading through my old white dwarf magazines, there's some charm about the old models.

15+ Year Old Account
    I lost my shit when I saw what the original Eldar Harlequin Dreadnought looked like in one of the early issues. Glad the Wraithlords don't look like that any more.

I have a holiday soon(ish) on my way to camp at your store. lol.(nah, but seriously, my local GW is a tiny basement -.-)

I'm gonna do a step by step picture series of my 5 Sanguinary Guards. Unpainted->based->layers->Highlights/finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a holiday soon(ish) on my way to camp at your store. lol.(nah, but seriously, my local GW is a tiny basement -.-)
    It's not even a GW store, it's an old fashioned comic book store. So amazing!

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 11:24 PM ----------

Found this on the Funny Picture Megathread:

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...ameStyle=wh40k really liking the new Daemon models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright so this is just a little over 600 points of Raven Guard space marine, played using half the BA Codex, half the SM Codex. I really need a Rhino next for my combat squad. Note the lack of Raven Guard decal, I still need to order that from Forge World. Apparently Raven Guard is the ONLY First Founding chapter GW doesn't provide decals for.

Last edited by Belize; 2013-02-27 at 03:08 AM.