Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 1 of 133
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warhammer 40K

EDIT: This is now a general 40K thread!

Post your armies, ideas or questions!

I play Raven guard and almost have a 500 point army paint, all I need is a Rhino. Will post pictures soon-ish hopefully as soon as I work out the details on the models (There will not be a Rhino in the pictures. I am currently broke, due to new graphics card).
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-01-04 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know the first thing about Eldar (Imperium player myself), but kudos on picking up Warhammer. You've made an excellent choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why thank you ^.^

So you play Imperial Guards? Or Space Marine. They're both Imperium

Deleted
    Warhammer 40k maaaan! It's been a long time since I did these. Still have my old space marine conversion, he looks a bit worn and torn after 8 years! I hated the prices of the box-sets so that's why I quit doing it. Seen some at a fair price nowadays though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why thank you ^.^

So you play Imperial Guards? Or Space Marine. They're both Imperium
    Either, depending on my mood. My main collection is Black Templar space marines, but I have enough guardsmen to field an army if the urge strikes me.

Deleted
    I have almost 1000 models but no armies, I collect them to paint not to play. So I have some of every army, I just grab what looks cool. I must have a huge necron and chaos force though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Nice to see a thread on it.
    I have started on the game a week ago, but I'm still a nubcake.

I was never interested, mostly due to MtG already costing tons of money.
    But a store-owner sold me 'Assault on Black Reach' for only 20 and that was enough to get me going.
    Still need to pick a chapter for my Marines.. with the Dark Vengeance it will probably be Dark Angels.
    Yeah Dark Angels are cool but Salamanders are cooler. Dunno how much you know about it yet but their HQ gives them twin-linked flamers and Meltas

Deleted
    Warhammer thread... nice!

I used to have Chaos space marines army full painted and shit but I decided to sell them and start anew with Warhammer fantasy battles. Got Warhammer fantasy orc army now. I never really played with them, hell I didnt even know the rules. I just collected and painted them.

Anyone else into fantasy battles, or just WH40K?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well got a 21k Orc Warhammmer 40k Army that i havent touched in years. Used to play alot back in the days, but cant find time between video games, work, Girlfriend and ofc Warhammer FB.

Eldar is a quite strong race though. And your setup looks solid, good ranged artillery, good mid range units and some good strikers. Im not 100% sure, but it seems like you are lacking a strong shielding unit, but as i said its long since ive played 40k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Well got a 21k Orc Warhammmer 40k Army that i havent touched in years. Used to play alot back in the days, but cant find time between video games, work, Girlfriend and ofc Warhammer FB.

Eldar is a quite strong race though. And your setup looks solid, good ranged artillery, good mid range units and some good strikers. Im not 100% sure, but it seems like you are lacking a strong shielding unit, but as i said its long since ive played 40k.
    Holo-Fields has a 4+ save so does my HQ. And pathfinders are nigh impossible to hit also so shielding won't be a problem XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I need to replace my Army, I had 500 piece army. I was making the full Space Sharks Marine Chapter when a Drug addict broke into my home and stole my tool chests, which contained my army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I need to replace my Army, I had 500 piece army. I was making the full Space Sharks Marine Chapter when a Drug addict broke into my home and stole my tool chests, which contained my army.

Wait... what? Someone just stole your tool chest >.>

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel complete ignorant. I didn't even know what you were talking about OP so I had to youtube it now I'm just confused. I was wondering why you needed an army to go play a video game.

Looks like a lot of fun tho:

I used to play Warhammer fantasy and 40k (well still do kind of I I have just ordered the new Dark Vengeance box set) But I am now getting into a lot of the other games out there like Warmachine, Infinity, Malifaux and Flames of War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Wait... what? Someone just stole your tool chest >.>
    They where the containers my army was stored in, they stole them. which happens they stole my army as well. I was able to track it down, I found out the addict dumped the Army in a dumpster not realizing how much they where worth. So the tool boxes which cost me new about $300 and the Army which cost about $10,000 over 7 years to collect. 500 piece space Marine Army, I had around 100 Terminators, 300 Various (elites, heavy support, assault, scouts) Space Marines, 20 Vehicles, 80 special characters (Inquisitors, Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Navy, Assassins, Ect.)

I miss them all. Espially some of my crazy custom pieces to include my Vindicare Assassin, I molded him on a Lizard beast mount painted him Red and Named him Necron 99. (yes a reference to a 70's movie)

This guy in Red

on this mount

made to look like this classic character.

I've got myself a 2500 point Dark Angels Space Marine army sitting in my cupboard all fully painted, but since I moved city I havent really found a place to vs. other people yet D:
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    I also only just collect them to paint them but i still do have a 500point space ork army not fully painted however i also have around 200 space marine figures and the battle for macragge box and the battle for skull pass box becos i love dwarfs the box was cheap so i bought it like 20€ was quite a steal at the time to be honest and yes that was when it was new at games workshop.

Even went to terrain creating/painting etc course that my local games workshop hold one summer was quite fun

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I used to play Warhammer fantasy and 40k (well still do kind of I I have just ordered the new Dark Vengeance box set) But I am now getting into a lot of the other games out there like Warmachine, Infinity, Malifaux and Flames of War.
    Yeah, Warmachine can't be beat in the tabletop minis world.
    I'm really interested in the tabletop RPG that comes out next month. My connection at Gencon didn't matter the way the book sold out.

A good place for the OP to ask would be http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/cmps_index.php its a dedicated 40k forum. Theres army list subsections where you get a lot of feedback for it

Used this site my self to ask about my IG army lists. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    Yeah, Warmachine can't be beat in the tabletop minis world.
    I'm really interested in the tabletop RPG that comes out next month. My connection at Gencon didn't matter the way the book sold out.
    I have only recently started playing Warmachine and really like it so far. I bought the starter set (Khador and Menoth) so I could play games with friends as they are all 40k players. Now I'm working on building a Khador Army

My main interest is painting, I recently made a blog, which doesn't really function as a blog, I just used it mainly to host pics on to be inserted into another mini gaming forum I use. Here is the blog if anyone is interested http://keyholepainting.wordpress.com/ There is hardly any descriptions but you can see my Khador Man hunter and also a kinda speed paint tutorial I did of a Blood drinker Marine.