Thread: Warhammer 40K

10+ Year Old Account
    As always, sorry for the crap pictures. Phone. Terribad lighting.

The first picture is the scheme for most of the army. White, black trims and metal faceplates on helms where it applies.
    Second picture shows what I'm doing for Cult Marines. Troops get 1 shoulderpad trim their cult color, Aspiring Champions get both pads. HQs have Gold trims. Why? Because why not.

maybe use a blue wash and paint it onto the armour crevices.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    I might, but I don't like washing whites. Always these stain looking leftovers. I dunno. If anything, I'll do like I did on my bike and wash the crevices Angrax Earthshade. It gives it this nice dirty/muddy look in the crevices, since they're Chaos, and probably don't clean their armor often!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I might, but I don't like washing whites. Always these stain looking leftovers. I dunno. If anything, I'll do like I did on my bike and wash the crevices Angrax Earthshade. It gives it this nice dirty/muddy look in the crevices, since they're Chaos, and probably don't clean their armor often!
    Your white just seems to lack depth on the pictures.

Deleted
    Welp, the vallejo paints arrived (All four of em and a wash) and they're alcohol based; Which i've never used...

Any tips?

I know i should thin them with IPA, but blergh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alcohol based? The fuck did you order? What Vallejo range is it? Game color, model color? Do you have the Vallejo thinner?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Alcohol based? The fuck did you order? What Vallejo range is it? Game color, model color? Do you have the Vallejo thinner?
    Vallejo liquid gold, (old gold 792, copper 797, red gold 794).

As for the vallejo thinner, nope, i thought they were acrylic based

Edit; Synthetic brushes it seems are a requirement, and no water contact, will need to order some thinner though.
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-07-09 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. The Liquid Golds. Ok. I thought you ordered actual paint

Because all the Vallejo paints are acrylic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Fancy. And prepare for rage when you assemble the sanguinary guard. I've never pulled a mini apart after assembling everything, but then I got to the sanguinary guard. I decided I'll keep them for bits.
    The wings and the jump packs fit poorly, so do the wrist mounted bolters with the swords, it's just a clusterfuck

I've painted my demon prince, though I can't remember how to post pics in the thread :/
    Just begun raging when assembling them for a primer, my god, was also magnetizing them and it's a pain; 2 and a half models down and ready to paint and i feel like clawing my eyes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Just begun raging when assembling them for a primer, my god, was also magnetizing them and it's a pain; 2 and a half models down and ready to paint and i feel like clawing my eyes out.
    I told you! I can not stand those models. They have such amazing potential, but they're hell to assemble.

Deleted
    Finished my first model in 14 years tonight so here goes!

Sorry for poor lighting only have a desk lamp at 11pm on an evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn sir! That is a splendid looking Hellbrute! I hate that model, but you make it look great!

Anyways lads, I am after some opinions. What color should I make the stones and spikey parts on the Wave Serpent / future grav tanks with this color scheme? Sorry for crappy camera phone quality pic.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... Dark blue stones? Red stones? Something with a lot of contrast.

10+ Year Old Account
    What goes well with orange, while still providing some contrast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Black. I love black and orange as a combination.

A few shots of my Vyper that I threw together, still WIP, don't entirely judge it, but I want to show off my full color scheme here.

I am working towards getting the guardians and Farseer painted up, their torsos / legs are done, I need to figure what color I want their hands, and get a few bases from Secret Weapon minis before I upload them here, I can't base my own models worth a shit.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-07-31 at 02:24 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this will be added on to my post, but a bump for the glory of Khaine!

Mayyyybe not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't the cockpits clear? I'm not entirely sure why you painted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I cannot paint faces for shit, and the pilot has skin showing. Thus painted cockpits for my vehicles.

40k crusade stream http://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Because I cannot paint faces for shit, and the pilot has skin showing. Thus painted cockpits for my vehicles.
    An understandable struggle. I'd probably either do the same, or try to paint it and hope it doesn't show too much >.<

- - - Updated - - -

So I got a Lizardmen from a bits store to test out my scheme and I like it a lot. Still working on highlights, the eyes and a few minor detail, but I think it'll look good.