Unhappy WvWvW QUEUE Times Blow.

Just as the title stated. . . . I got this game for PVP, and well, I haven't been able to enjoy to much of it, as the WvWvW queue times are atrocious on just about any server I've tried, and those servers that have almost no queue times are always losing. This seems to be a game breaker, they need to address a better way for people to make into WvWvW.

Converse. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by beteala View Post
    Just as the title stated. . . . I got this game for PVP, and well, I haven't been able to enjoy to much of it, as the WvWvW queue times are atrocious on just about any server I've tried, and those servers that have almost no queue times are always losing. This seems to be a game breaker, they need to address a better way for people to make into WvWvW.

Converse. . . .
    It JUST released, give it time.....

Each WvW map has a capacity of 400-500 people (forget which, and it might have changed since that number was originally released). Couple that with high population servers, and...yeah. You can try going to any of the borderlands to see if that makes a difference, rather than going to the eternal battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

new game means more than the normal number of players. Especially with WoW at the boring end of an xpac and people looking for something else to do, I'd expect many of them to go back to WoW either today (patch) or in 4 weeks. Just be patient. The last thing we want is for ArenaNet to make the same mistakes Bioware did with SWTOR
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I sat in queue for maybe 20 minutes on Jade Quarry? Try joining something other than Eternal Battlegrounds.

Join a lower pop server.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Really? you're complaining about wait times when the game JUST releases today.. You don't think TONS of people want to do WvWvW?

People these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhawk675 View Post
    Really? you're complaining about wait times when the game JUST releases today.. You don't think TONS of people want to do WvWvW?

People these days...
    um, YUP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Join a lower pop server.
    pretty much the solution
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

So... you go for HIGH/LOCKED server and expect no queues etc. LOL.
    As people said: low/medium servers is the way if you want to join rather fast.

guess why low pop servers are loosing? make a choice, remain in a queue or be a smart one and transfer to a low pop server and make it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that I'm not only on a high pop server, and one extremely dedicated to WvW, but 4-5 hour queues are ridiculous. I hope it settles down or ANet thinks up a good solution.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2012-08-28 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beteala View Post
    and those servers that have almost no queue times are always losing
    I switched because of the queue to a low pop server and I'm really happy about it. Instant join. Quite a lot people in WvW and probably we aren't winning the battle, but we definitely have our moments. Some great captures and some great defenses are possible everywhere, not just on the top 5 servers.

and more important: those losing servers will play against other losing servers when matchmaking starts to jump in... You can't expect this to happen on day1. A battle lasts 2 weeks, so alliances against the strongest opponent are likely.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Each WvW map has a capacity of 400-500 people (forget which, and it might have changed since that number was originally released). Couple that with high population servers, and...yeah. You can try going to any of the borderlands to see if that makes a difference, rather than going to the eternal battlegrounds.
    Why is that number so damn low. DAoC could handle that many people 10 years ago. I dont buy that today's servers cant handle at least 1k people per zone and today's PCs should be able to handle that many people fighting at once as well.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-28 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Why is that number so damn low. DAoC could handle that many people 10 years ago. I dont buy that today's servers cant handle at least 1k people per zone and today's PCs should be able to handle that many people fighting at once as well.
    i thought WvWvW was 1k people?
    and if you love PvP so much go do sPvP

Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    i thought WvWvW was 1k people?
    and if you love PvP so much go do sPvP
    Im talking 1k per realm so 3k total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    It's not a matter of people you physically meet. You barely meet 1% of them, playing. So your pc will always handle the fight. It's a server restriction. Maybe because a higher number lag too much, maybe anet use cheap servers, who knows. After all, we don't pay a sub, so i don't expect any fix at all in future. Just look on server perfomance of gw1, uberlag lol, capped at 30kb/s. Why? Well, no subs..
    You're on a high pop server? Enjoy the buff, do pve /spvp, stay on queue waiting if and when you'll join. You want to join? low pop, be ready to be a loser surrounded of zergs , forget buffs, but that's an other story.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-08-29 at 12:04 AM.