Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LastValheru View Post
    I'm enjoying the Elementalist class however i find myself healing others during dynamic events and getting silvers and bronze if I pay too much attention to helping others, maybe they can add points for healing others because several times I've shown up just in time to save groups of four or five from certain death then getting bronze when really they'd all die and fail without healing.

(not saying I'm pro, but it would be nice for the game to acknowledge "healing" contribution to random groups instead of just getting the /say"thanks" or "saved us" as your only reward)
    I used to do this.. until I realized death doesn't effect the reward either. I just started letting idiots who can't dodge die and keeping myself up. All golds from there on out.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

oops wrong thread.

in other news, i've been greatly enjoying greatsword/staff mesmer
    Last edited by Ralamus; 2012-09-05 at 12:21 AM.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I used to do this.. until I realized death doesn't effect the reward either. I just started letting idiots who can't dodge die and keeping myself up. All golds from there on out.
    Yeah I know logically I should do that because its just a game and their deaths mean nothing but it kinda irritates me when they die for no reason. Not a big deal because I'm leveling kinda fast but its just one of "those things".

nope, guard ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love my Guardian!

ALL HAIL YOUR GUARDIAN OVERLORDS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LastValheru View Post
    Yeah I know logically I should do that because its just a game and their deaths mean nothing but it kinda irritates me when they die for no reason. Not a big deal because I'm leveling kinda fast but its just one of "those things".
    Oh don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying you were wrong for doing it; I do the same thing for the most part. In a game that stresses self sufficiency so much, you think people would be able to take care of themselves better, especially at some of the higher areas.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I eventually found my Ranger to be very boring. Being able to clear pve mobs by simply auto attacking with a bear wasn't enjoyable. Most of the traits seemed fairly boring DPS/survivability increases but didn't add anything to actual gameplay except for perhaps spirit support builds. Even those are not very appealing to me as they're largely set and forget skills.

I'm having an absolute blast on my necro though. I find all the utilities very useful and they have their niche. The ultimates are awesome. The mix of single target and AoE is AMAZING and the DS mechanic is pretty enjoyable/life saving. Pets are pretty useless at the moment due to shitty AI though. Much worse than Ranger pets. Well/dot builds are perfectly fine though, and fun. Epidemic <3.