Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Elementalists can't weapon swap. Neither can engineers.
    Well, goes to show how quickly I got bored with my Ele...yeah, didn't even get it to level 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, goes to show how quickly I got bored with my Ele...yeah, didn't even get it to level 5.
    Aww, you probably didn't even buy another weapon, collect the skills or unlock the new attunements. A dagger elementalists is hands down THE most engaging class in the game that requires the most attention. You'll find yourself constantly switching between all 4 attunements, using almost 16 different abilities on harder pulls and having to master your kiting and dodging to avoid getting 2 shotted by anything of a relevant level.

I'm not trying to sell the class to you, I just see way too many people running around assuming elementasts just cast fireballs from a staff and summon elementals.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Aww, you probably didn't even buy another weapon, collect the skills or unlock the new attunements. A dagger elementalists is hands down THE most engaging class in the game that requires the most attention. You'll find yourself constantly switching between all 4 attunements, using almost 16 different abilities on harder pulls and having to master your kiting and dodging to avoid getting 2 shotted by anything of a relevant level.

I'm not trying to sell the class to you, I just see way too many people running around assuming elementasts just cast fireballs from a staff and summon elementals.
    I think I was using a dagger and something else. But I just wasn't enjoying myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

I picked engineer, now at lvl 71 i'm just starting to regret it a little bit, sometimes i want to use another weapon cuz rifle or pistols don't feel good enough for me so i keep using kits, turrets where kind of a letdown and some signets don't work too easy on it (like the one that stacks might on kill).

I'll have to see how it goes this week on Orr farming, just arrived there and 1 hour of doing events and dinged quickly, sadly is full of people and due to me being underleveled (71 against 78 mobs from a lvl 73 DE) means that most of the time i lose the event badges :C

High Overlord
    I absolutely hated playing a mesmer, I even had the perfect name figured out (Unsolved Riddle) and the storyline seemed very interesting (Noble), yet they were very boring to play and enrolled Guardian, which I find to be... somewhat amusing.

I started with an Engineer. Then moved to a Guardian. Then a Mesmer. I'm now playing a Ranger and absolutely loving it. I never did take a huge liking to ranged classes (I've always played a Warrior or some kind of Tank), but something about the Ranger is just downright fun. Really enjoying the game right now.

I'm enjoying the Elementalist class however i find myself healing others during dynamic events and getting silvers and bronze if I pay too much attention to helping others, maybe they can add points for healing others because several times I've shown up just in time to save groups of four or five from certain death then getting bronze when really they'd all die and fail without healing.

(not saying I'm pro, but it would be nice for the game to acknowledge "healing" contribution to random groups instead of just getting the /say"thanks" or "saved us" as your only reward)
    Last edited by LastValheru; 2012-09-04 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LastValheru View Post
    I'm enjoying the Elementalist class however i find myself healing others during dynamic events and getting silvers and bronze if I pay too much attention to helping others, maybe they can add points for healing others because several times I've shown up just in time to save groups of four or five from certain death then getting bronze when really they'd all die and fail without healing.

(not saying I'm pro, but it would be nice for the game to acknowledge "healing" contribution to random groups instead of just getting the /say"thanks" or "saved us" as your only reward)
    I used to do this.. until I realized death doesn't effect the reward either. I just started letting idiots who can't dodge die and keeping myself up. All golds from there on out.

oops wrong thread.

in other news, i've been greatly enjoying greatsword/staff mesmer
    Last edited by Ralamus; 2012-09-05 at 12:21 AM.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)
    Do you play TF2?Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044950748

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I used to do this.. until I realized death doesn't effect the reward either. I just started letting idiots who can't dodge die and keeping myself up. All golds from there on out.
    Yeah I know logically I should do that because its just a game and their deaths mean nothing but it kinda irritates me when they die for no reason. Not a big deal because I'm leveling kinda fast but its just one of "those things".

nope, guard ftw.

I absolutely love my Guardian!

ALL HAIL YOUR GUARDIAN OVERLORDS!

Quote Originally Posted by LastValheru View Post
    Yeah I know logically I should do that because its just a game and their deaths mean nothing but it kinda irritates me when they die for no reason. Not a big deal because I'm leveling kinda fast but its just one of "those things".
    Oh don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying you were wrong for doing it; I do the same thing for the most part. In a game that stresses self sufficiency so much, you think people would be able to take care of themselves better, especially at some of the higher areas.

I eventually found my Ranger to be very boring. Being able to clear pve mobs by simply auto attacking with a bear wasn't enjoyable. Most of the traits seemed fairly boring DPS/survivability increases but didn't add anything to actual gameplay except for perhaps spirit support builds. Even those are not very appealing to me as they're largely set and forget skills.

I'm having an absolute blast on my necro though. I find all the utilities very useful and they have their niche. The ultimates are awesome. The mix of single target and AoE is AMAZING and the DS mechanic is pretty enjoyable/life saving. Pets are pretty useless at the moment due to shitty AI though. Much worse than Ranger pets. Well/dot builds are perfectly fine though, and fun. Epidemic <3.

Stream | Youtube
    Latest Video: Heroic Iron Qon