Highest single target 5.0.4 dps spec

Been looking, haven't seen any answers.

lvl 85 Single target is it still

UH > DW F > 2h F

?
    Last edited by BDF; 2012-08-28 at 10:50 PM.

according to simulation craft with t14n/h gear on its DWF>2HF>UH

Nope. At T13H:

DW masterfrost2.0 > 2H hastefrost = unholy >= DW hastefrost

Total variance is only 1.35%, though, so you can pretty much pick whichever one you prefer for the next month. Only DW masterfrost2.0 is really better than any of the alternatives. They diverge a lot more at 90.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2012-08-28 at 10:41 PM.

and with masterfrost, are no'kalads still better than souldrinkers single target?

Quote Originally Posted by BDF View Post
    and with masterfrost, are no'kalads still better than souldrinkers single target?
    Were they ever? I don't think they outpaced them this tier at all for regular or mastery builds. Either way, a post on EJ was looking like they don't still.

Think Gurth is bugged atm - it's doing insane damage.

No, you want souldrinkers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Were they ever? I don't think they outpaced them this tier at all for regular or mastery builds. Either way, a post on EJ was looking like they don't still.
    They were. Check WoL Parses, you'll find a decent chunk of DK's using No'kaled.

No'kaled sometimes gets great ranks because sometimes you get lucky with the procs.

And sometimes you don't and you do less damage than you would with souldrinkers.

Well, playing with 2H frost... I'm actually pulling higher DPS in the five-mans I've tested then I used to as DW Frost 4.3.4.

I managed to easily sustian 60k dps on a patchwerk style fight with just Pillar+Raise Dead. Used to be if I hit 50k with bloodlust, I was rocking hardcore.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I'm finding 2H to be a few K more dps than DW. I also noticed Army of the Dead has been given a huge buff and now does really decent damage.

Well tried both (1hc Souldrinker, 1hc nok'aled and hc gurth) i found out 2h doing around 2k more than DW on dummies. yes i know it doesn't say anything BUT it slightly easier to control KM with DW.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Well tried both (1hc Souldrinker, 1hc nok'aled and hc gurth) i found out 2h doing around 2k more than DW on dummies. yes i know it doesn't say anything BUT it slightly easier to control KM with DW.
    what you mean, control KM?

if it procs, use obl? thats all you need to do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    I'm sure this is down to how high the amount of haste we can get on our current gear is to be honest. I know in the earlier stages of beta we found out how well DW scales with strength compared to 2H, but from what I remember, 2H gets a massive amount from haste compared to it. (Yes, I know about DW stacking Mastery, but you get my point.)

Basically, I think that because we've got such high amounts of haste, leading to high amounts of rune regen, we're finding it much easier to play 2H than DW because our runes are regen that much faster, which makes spamming OB and making sure that we have runes for using OB when KM procs much easier also.

i'm thinking UH might scale better and outperform frost at level 90, but right now they're pretty even. one spec may be preferred over another for certain fights... frost for h-spine, UH for movement fights, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruperto View Post
    what you mean, control KM?

if it procs, use obl? thats all you need to do?
    Wrong, KM is easier to control with DW because DW wants to spend them on frost strikes.
    And due to having 20% more RP as frost and FS only costing 20RP, its much easier to always have RP for frost strikes.

Its much harder to always have the runes for an obliterate, since you need to frost strike to get them.