Poll: How would you rank GW2 so far

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That, I certainly agree with. Though, in my book, Thrall is the corniest of all... at least he's memorable, I guess.

Still fully hate the story-writing. The gameplay, I enjoy, but not the story.
    It looks like I'm the only one enjoying the personal story so far. The way it told is clumsy, with panels and all, but its quite intereting to follow. Or perhaps its because I'm playing an asura and happen to love Sci-fi stuff in generals 0-o

I give it a 4/5. There's a few nagging details, but this is a very solid game.

I think that for folks brand spankin' new to the world of MMO's, this would be a pretty confusing first game for them. Some things could be explained a bit better without having that 'handholding' feeling, especially with regards to crafting and some combat intricacies (like combo fields and finishers)

Deleted
    Try the heroic dungeons compare to those facerolls in WOW, i really hope they will consider to make some real indoor pve raids.

I'm good with it. I even love the pve, but i freely admit that may be the nastalgia i get while unravelling what's happened in tyria for the past several hundred years. Also, at least with the norn track I took, my character feels, well, real. Horribly voice acted, but i actually feel like I'm impacting the world, vs other games where I slay world devouring monsters and no one even remembers the next day, or even 30 seconds after I leave the instance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Cons
    * The forced levelling down makes many events impossible. You need these to complete the map and so many are just impossible to solo. They have taken a forced level down a bit too far, it does not take into consideration the level of mobs you are fighting. For example, I get levelled down to 14 but the mobs are all level 16 and a dozen of them....
    Not impossible, just keeps the difficulty of how things should be instead of that thing getting one shotted by a level 80.

* Because of the above, you don't really feel like your character is getting more powerful, which I love in a game (this might not apply to anyone else)
    Oh it's great, because the enemies stay tough and actually threatening.

* The crafting mat drops are so ridiculously low that crafting is starting to feel like a grind, a very long and painful grind. One would expect crafting mats etc to get rarer as you get higher but not out of the gate, that's just plain silly. I do not want to farm for 4 hours for an 8 slot bag !
    It'll be a farm untill the auction house is up, then it'll just be a farm...to sell stuff on the auction house. Don't worry, in no time people will be able to level up their professions by standing at one place and switching between their mail and the auction house...just how people want it...right?

* Gold drops are ridiculously low as well. I mean a 30 minute event giving 30 copper and one where you kill a couple of mobs also gives 30 copper.
    Good, because what silly mob is going to just have 5 gold on them. They'll probably raise it, it's not that bad. And also, don't worry, once the auction house is up, money will start flowing in, or you'll start going broke, either way.

* Where are the dungeons? I would have thought some quest or something would have lead us to our first dungeon adventure but was sadly disappointed. Seems like dungeons and raids are indeed not a big thing in this game.
    The quest is the dungeon, hence there being a "story mode" part of the dungeon.

* Auction house does not work!
    Agreed, untill then, gasp, people might actually have to go out in the world for the things they need. But still, agreed, should of been up by now.

* Read about the bans for names etc and must say I am disappointed. They must warn people and for anyone who says read the ToS, no one reads that crap. they must warn and give a chance to change name before banning.
    Also agreed, on some of them, most of them were just asking for it though, like come on now.

* Very very Disappointed in PvP. The maps are way too massive. I went into a BG. It took a hell of a time to get from spawn to where the fighting was going on, got there died after a few minutes and had to run all the way back. Spent more time running than fighting.
    Also, there's no BG with small objectives like arathi, warsong, alterac etc from WoW or the swtor Bgs. Also, I thought world Vs world would be more like wintergrasp, only more epic but it's not. Instead of one main objective, there's 20 small objectives. That would work perfectly in an ideal world but this is the internet where everyone will think the objective they want to do is more important.
    There is, in non WvW PVP. Also if these maps are just as equal as doing AB at level 19, walking makes it seem more giganitc, which is perfect, but I see nothing wrong with the size of the non WvW pvp maps.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-08-29 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since we're being open an honest...

Pros:
    - Crafting giving XP: Genius idea. This keeps me coming back to Rata Sum to do crafting, knowing full well I'm not doing it only to level my crafting skill.
    - Leveling taking 1-1.5hrs each after about lvl15: Being an alt leveler in WoW, I'm used to leveling and mindlessly doing it. Eventually, I start paying attention to the time as it takes longer and longer. The amount in which XP is given and XP scaling in every zone to your level helps blur the line of time invested.
    - Scenery, 'dat scenery: Beautiful zones, with vistas giving a good way to kind of take it all in.
    - Combat: The combat is usually always pretty fun for me. Running while casting makes kiting a mission rather than face tanking anything.

Cons:
    - Trading Post: Okay, I think everyone will agree that this baby needs to come back up. I keep having to vendor my wares because I simply have no space for them.
    - Amount of levels: While leveling at higher levels is smoother than WoW's 1-85 time, I personally think 80 levels at the start of the game is way too much. WoW's lower levels can be done at about thirty minutes per, until you hit Outland. It feels like it's quite a steep hill in GW2 to climb in GW2 with the majority of the levels taking 1-1.5hrs each. This also seems to discourage me to make alts.
    - Crafting mats: Read a couple of other people thinking this as well. Sometimes leveling crafting comes to a standstill without needing to go out into the world to farm creatures for drops. Anyone tried looking for Bone Shards? You need 8 to craft one item and a grand total of about 48 to make a mid-20's set of armor.

I can't think of anything else that I dislike about the game. I'm gonna rate it a 4/5 because of my cons, one of them is only a real issue (crafting) while the others are kind of subjective. Plus, the TP will be fixed eventually, maybe after tonight's maintenance. I'd name more pros but I'm pretty tired... lack of sleep due to this game, bah!
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-08-29 at 05:09 AM.

Pros:
    oh... where should I start...

- Art, sceneries, locations, themes
    - No subscription and hence the feeling that I can play whenever I want without thinking that I "have to" play to justify the cost
    - Attention to tiny details (grass moving when passing through, toon postures etc.)
    - Character animations (LOVE the Asura stopping animation)
    - Gameplay and combat (at least for the Engineer I'm playing) - love the various viable playstyles I can adopt and try out
    - sPVP - instant fun from level 2 - no gear grind - can come back to it whenever even after break periods - quite balanced imo
    - Crafting - lots of quality of life conveniencies. I agree that finding new recipes could be less streamlined, but I love the flashy pop up when a new recipe is found
    - Exploration - finding hidden caves awesomesauce (and then a big ugly spider boss attacks and you're dead )
    - Jumping puzzles - Can get seriously nerve breaking but the feeling of fulfillment at the end is pure win
    - Dynamic events immersive qualities
    - Personal story scenario ideas and progressive difficulty - the Asura wit and humour is ever present in the story dialogs
    - General quality of life features: deposit collectibles, salvaging, queue system on overflow servers, e-mailing from anywhere etc.
    - No mob/resource stealing and the feeling that I really want others to be around me - they hit bullseye with this one
    - Character customization features
    - Scaling down - going to any place in this world is always relevant. Playing with my friend who is 15 levels lower and we can still do quests together without me one-shotting everything

Cons:
    - Bugs and auction house down - not big impact though I think they will be worked out eventually
    - Had a bit more expectations from WvWvW. I enjoy it but I get the feeling that something is "missing" but haven't pinpointed it yet
    - Loading screens
    - Crafting mats (a bit related to AH down though as I think it would have helped with trading some mats for others not useful to my disciplines)
    Last edited by kelevandros; 2012-08-29 at 05:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    * The crafting mat drops are so ridiculously low that crafting is starting to feel like a grind, a very long and painful grind. One would expect crafting mats etc to get rarer as you get higher but not out of the gate, that's just plain silly. I do not want to farm for 4 hours for an 8 slot bag !
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage_kit

Leather armor = leather crafting mats
    etc
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-29 at 06:15 AM.

Deleted
    Later in the game when people are higher lvl and there are not so many lowbie's around anymore DE's are going to be a problem for the people who want to do them , since like you said you are beeing scaled down mobs are above your own lvl ( 1 is not a problem but more at the same time are) and there simply won't be enough player to do them. Myself i kinda hate the scaling down idea cause you don't feel like you're actually getting stronger then.

Voted 4. Too early for me to tell.
    Pros:
    1. Amazing visuals
    2. Sexy norn fems
    3. Good combat
    4. Fun events.
    5. Interesting crafting
    6. Don't have to worry about gear much if at all (that shoulda been 1 really).

Cons so far:
    1. Gear looks and customizations are bad. I run in same armor from 1 till 20+. Even cash shop plate armor is bad and full body covering, I want much more revealing options.
    2. Not enough options in character creator (really missing special make up of my chosing. Pale lips are not sexy)
    3. Big, 0.5 sec lags in some areas.

Not sure yet about:
    1. My class's viability. I would not want to play some weapon I dislike, like having to be forced to play a ranged warrior if I want to be succesful. Especially it concerns pvp.
    2. End game overall does looks worrying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe a complex opinion can be boiled down to numbers.
    And I've stated my opinion on the game before, so I'll just make a quick list, without too much elaboration (I'll reply if people are really interested).

The good
    • Combat
    • Aesthetics
    • Natural grouping up and combos
    • skill design and the fact that skills are based on your weapon
    • Difficulty

The bad
    • Story, both personal and overarching
    • Zergy events
    • Unguided leveling experience
    • "I can outrun a centaur!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    Not sure yet about:
    1. My class's viability. I would not want to play some weapon I dislike, like having to be forced to play a ranged warrior if I want to be successful. Especially it concerns PvP.
    2. End game overall does looks worrying.
    1: What I found in WvWvW (which is where the melee issue will occur most often, is that it's wise to stick the sides of a fight. Pick up the stragglers or try a flanking maneuver. Most of the AoE and Ranged danger will be in the no-man's land in between the two parties
    2: I only think this is worrying if you had expectations you shouldn't have had.
    Last edited by Ynna; 2012-08-29 at 10:34 AM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Amazing graphics, character creation, story, "quests" and generally the entire gameplay experience.

Cons include the awful, awful "overflow" system which causes people to be phased away from their friends and have to endure painstaking wait-time or bugged "join" functions before they can play together. Fairly awful launch, login servers weak and not about to get upgraded because Anet knows that less people will play soon and cant be asked to upgrade serverspace just for the period of the launch. Auction house failure. Also, some events get tedious because of how long you're attacking a target that poses no threat to you.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2012-08-29 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Cons:
    - Tedious travel time
    I don't understand this, you can port anywhere once you've been there. For an MMO it's super fast to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I don't understand this, you can port anywhere once you've been there. For an MMO it's super fast to travel.
    I get it;p In many cases a mount would be great.

good - Great graphics, beautiful zones with tons of stuff to do, really cool/interesting character story line, can be really hard at times (hardly anything is handed to you)

not so good - auction house (it was working fine through the BEWs what happened at release to bork it so bad), I like to see some patch notes, can be too hard at times, pretty linear if you stick to leveling in your characters starting area of the map, feels like you don't make much in the way of money for the difficulty of some of the hearts/events

All in all I feel I'll get my money's worth out of the game.
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series | EVGA GTX 780SC with ACX cooler| Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung 840 256GB| Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB |Western Digital 1 TB Black | CM Hyper 212 Evo (with a push/pull config) | Fractal Design Arc Midi | SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze | Corsair K60 | Razor Naga |JVC HARX900 | BenQ RL2455 | Samsung Syncmaster S24B300

My Pros

-Scenery (Sexy stuff)
    -Crafting (Love hate relationship)
    -Exploration (Those Indiana Jones style secret areas are a lot of fun)
    -Combat (Keeps me engaged and I don’t feel like falling asleep on my keyboard)
    -Events (Especially when it turns into fighting a huge creature in the swamp)
    -Social (I see more and more people helping each other out which is good)
    -Colour (You can change your amour colour on the fly)
    -Weapon skill diversity (Gun, Sword & Board, or 2h? up to you)
    -Underwater (First game ever where I actually like underwater combat)
    -Overflow (Yes its a Pro, i would rather play then sit in a queue)

My Cons

-Crafting (Such a grind and most of the gear looks the same)
    -Skills (Can’t help but feel they could have done more with it)
    -Market (being down.)
    -Grouping (It’s a pain the arse at the moment)

That’s mine so far though I probably forgot a lot. On that note I deliberately read nothing about the game previously only got it because I had nothing to do and so far I’m having a right laugh. 4/5
    Last edited by Toccs; 2012-08-29 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    I loved it they must add many thing and fix some other but for now i love it and there is much room for improvement

10+ Year Old Account
    the biggest pro for me : the attention to detail. All the little things amaze me constantly
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I gave it a 5/5. I completely love the game including PvE, PvP and my personal story (Asura). My issues are the 2 common to everyone else, Trading Post still being down and crafting is way too grindy although the former probably has a huge impact on the latter.

A lot of the points have been made already so I'll try to stick to stuff that hasn't been discussed too much.

Pros:
    -Exploration gives a meaningful amount of experience. I got wanderlust one night after my friend went to bed and decided to explore the capital cities for each of the other races. I gained 2 full levels just from running around all of the cities 100%ing them.
    - Keg Brawl! If you haven't tried this game, imagine bloodbowl on ice with beer. You don't really gain anything for playing this game (you might get pvp rank points but I'm not 100% sure how that works yet) but it's fun and unlike anything I've played in an MMO.

Cons:
    - Ingredients pile up way too fast. I'm a cook and with all the intermediate ingredients involved in the profession I have to completely empty out my bags in order to do any real cooking. I wish there was some kind of storage system in place for crafting mats only (ingredients included, not just the raw mats).

All in all I'm having an amazing time with this game and looking forward to more adventures.
    Last edited by drockrock; 2012-08-29 at 12:40 PM.